WINM Forums :: The Films of Keanu Reeves :: Feeling Minnesota

Feeling Minnesota
Anakin McFly
2009-11-06 17:06

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Just watched it. Amusing film, though I can see why some people hated it; it was kind of slow-moving, the kind of thing more suited to viewing on a computer screen than in a cinema.

And according to set reports and interviews, Keanu had a cold while he was filming that. I noticed a few audible sniffs, and a grand total of six nose-wipes:

http://anivad.livejournal.com/738035.html

:D

LucaM
2009-11-06 17:27

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
hey, it fits with the character. just like Jjaks to get a cold on top of everything else :D

I think I read somewhere that 'they' changed the ending due to screening tests or something ; apparently the film was supposed to have a darker ending...
one of K's interviews, but can't remember which.

I like it for its quirkiness :D

Anakin McFly
2009-11-06 17:31

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Yeah, I like its quirkiness too. Ear-eating, chasing each other around a table, Jjaks kicking the car and then hopping about in pain... :D

just like Jjaks to get a cold on top of everything else :D

Yes.

Also, Conor and Jjaks would make awesome partners in crime. They wouldn't be very good at it.

Regarding the ending:

Sometimes he fought for his vision of a film: When preview audiences' responses dictated that the ending of Feeling Minnesota be reshot to make it sweeter, "Keanu shot it clawing and screaming," Steven Baigelman recalls. "He was the strongest defender of the script on the set. Anytime something changed, he got angry at me - he was trying to tell me, 'Win or lose; don't compromise.'"

http://www.whoaisnotme.net/articles/1997_09xx_why.htm

But the year before, he said:

"There's a lot of pain in the film and stuff about criminals trying to get by, but for me it's also a love story with a happy ending. I like that."

http://www.whoaisnotme.net/articles/1996_11xx_fee.htm

It might not have originally been a darker ending, just a... I don't know, less sweet one? :\\

LucaM
2009-11-06 17:39

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
eh, well, Freddie's " what the f*** took you so long?" was sweet ; at least coming from her, that is ;) :D

yeah, those were the lines I remember about the ending. thanks. too lazy to search ;) actually, my fingers hurt from clicking on that page ;) :D

Also, Conor and Jjaks would make awesome partners in crime. They wouldn't be very good at it.

oh man, Ludlow would have a field day with those two... :D

Coltranefan2009-12-23 06:56

Forum Posts: 1
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
I liked it, thought it was quirky and some of Keanu's best acting. Maybe he should get a cold more often?
lady_majestik2010-01-28 01:51

Forum Posts: 31
I saw this movie on Monday again on T.v. I still love the characters of keanu and Vincent D'onofrio. I crack up each time they beat each other up. Don't know, maybe it's just me, I thought Cameron Diaz was kind of stiff in her acting in this movie but I like her any way.
xLiving_Deadx2010-01-28 08:16

Forum Posts: 20
i watched this movie last night and i thought it was kind of mediocre. I agree with ani, it's kind of slow moving.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.