WINM Forums :: Everything Else KCR :: Movie business news

Movie business news
inkhuldra
2009-11-08 00:33

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Reviews: 0
Thanks to Club Keanu, I found this interesting article about American movie makers looking outside of the US for project funding. The Keanu content is minor, but the whole articles is still very interesting in that it describes a trend that may bring more independent and low-budget movies to the moviegoing public worldwide.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118010875.html?categoryId=3768&cs=1&cache=false

LucaM
2009-11-08 01:52

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
times are a-changing ;) :D

I hope this means less 'loud, dumb and obvious' action movies and more quirky indie movies. you know, like Thumbsucker, or Pippa Lee... or Van Sant's experiments...

matrixnospoon032009-11-08 02:23

Forum Posts: 73
Comments: 21
Thanks for posting :) As someone who has hopes of breaking into the business if I can ever finish this damn script, this gives me hope.
Anakin McFly
2009-11-08 23:32

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
More hope: One day soon, Detective Ludlow will be paying a visit to your house to find out where you have been harbouring Neo. Unable to locate the phonebook, he will pick up your script and whack you over the head with it. If your script is incomplete, there will not be many pages, and this will hurt. However, if your script is finished and thick and heavy, the first whack will knock you unconscious, and you will not feel the rest, and neither will you hear Neo being dragged out kicking and screaming from whereever you hid him.
matrixnospoon032009-11-09 08:10

Forum Posts: 73
Comments: 21
... Motivation by fear? I like it; it works. Look, I'm already on page 57. *goes back to work*

Not that I'm, you know, hiding Neo or anything... *shifty eyes*

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.