WINM Forums :: Everything Else KCR :: Keanu's views on love

Keanu's views on love
nafsunaek
2009-12-06 08:30

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
Reviews: 0
Thanks to Inkhuldra I got to read several reviews and interviews. One of them is about Constantine, but towards the end the conversation leads to an up-coming project: The Lake House. Keanu's answer to one of the last questions has somehow touched me:

Q. What is that [romantic love]?
A: It’s believing in love. It’s believing that there’s someone for you. That there’s the ultimate person, the ideal who will be your soul mate and your perfect match and that all your pain and suffering will go away and you’ll live happily ever after and you’ll be together in a blissful union.

Perhaps we could 'collect' his views on life, love, etc. for the quotes section.

ARYA
2010-04-04 19:59

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
Holy shit, did he really say this? What interview?
Anakin McFly
2010-04-04 23:40

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
http://www.whoaisnotme.net/articles/2005_02xx_con4.htm
ARYA
2010-04-05 02:14

thanks for hunting that down. Now that I read it, again, it all came back to me although I did not remember that line so well. Very like a line he had in AWITC. Yikes that was mushy as all get out, huh? It's no wonder all the soul mate types go wild for him.

Freya
2013-04-03 02:42

Forum Posts: 777
Comments: 3
Back to internet after some break

A rumour or the 1st of April joke?

Did Keanu Reeves Secretly get Married?
http://en.mediamass.net/people/keanu-reeves/married.html

anita7722013-04-03 03:26

Forum Posts: 143
Comments: 6
Ah, but that quote about love may not be his actual feelings on the subject. It's how he defines "romantic love". Here's the preceding question, his answer, and the follow up:

Q. Did you see the original Il Mare?
A. I haven’t seen the original film yet. I didn’t see it when it was released here so I haven’t had a chance to view it.
I’d like to see it because I hear it’s a great film but even like with Constantine, I’ll take the project from the script I’m given. I thought the script was a real romanticist’s romance. It’s really romantic love.

Q. What is that?
A. It’s believing in love. It’s believing that there’s someone for you. That there’s the ultimate person, the ideal who will be your soul mate and your perfect match and that all your pain and suffering will go away and you’ll live happily ever after and you’ll be together in a blissful union.

As Keanu has said (and I'm paraphrasing) "Falling in love is easy. Relationships are hard."

tini4
2013-04-03 06:36

Forum Posts: 140
Comments: 5
Since the beginning of this year mediamass.net posts the absurdities on Keanu. None of their many rumors not confirmed officially. I think they are trying to attract attention...
LucaM
2013-04-03 06:53

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13

Did Keanu Reeves Secretly get Married?

yes, when he got his SAG card. but it was never a secret ;)

anita7722013-04-03 07:36

Forum Posts: 143
Comments: 6
Better to have him fake married than fake dead.
ARYA
2013-04-03 10:37

LOL and tending to agree with LucaM.
SaneSun
2013-04-03 20:21

Forum Posts: 202
Comments: 28
http://en.mediamass.net/people/keanu-reeves/dogrecovery.html

Those people at mediamass are hilarious. Apparantly they write one article and then publish it with the names of different celebs in it.

If you search Twitter for "Spinee" (which would be the name of his dog) you'll find surprised fans from Mika, Bruno, Enrique, Wayne Rooney and others, outraged by their fanobjects' ill dog, marriage and death.

ARYA
2013-04-04 00:34

Thanks for the heads up SaneSun. Finding a demographic and feeding it is the name of the game... and I don't wanna play. :)
Anakin McFly
2013-04-04 01:03

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
They don't know the name(s) of their fanobject's pet(s), or if they even have any, and they call themselves fans? :|

Meanwhile the mediamass site irks me for a whole lot of reasons, not least of which is its willful spread of misinformation and attempt at satire that... isn't really satire. Not to mention that if they're aiming to make fun of celebrity fans, it's ironic how the truly hardcore fans would be the exact people who don't fall for it, simply because we know better. The only ones who'll be taken in would be regular people and casual fans, and there's nothing particularly clever or satirical about misinforming the masses. Not to mention that they're quite likely hypocrites, because I doubt that they do research to substantiate every single 'fact' or news item they encounter day to day. It's simply impractical in the wealth of information we receive each day, and often we just have to assume on good faith that others are being truthful, especially when it comes to relatively trivial things like celebrity gossip about celebrities we don't care about - which, once again, means that this site disproportionately affects non-fans who don't care enough about a celebrity to know or verify facts about them, and then mocks them for... caring too much about celebrities?

Their logic is off, there.

bluecandlelight
2013-06-15 01:14

Forum Posts: 93
Comments: 7
If he had to end up with anybody, i wish it'd be Sandra Bullock.

So many fans still hope for that one day lol

i love the way they act like a married couple

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.