WINM Forums :: The Films of Keanu Reeves :: Thumbsucker

1 [2]

Thumbsucker
Softie
2012-04-07 06:35

Forum Posts: 78
Comments: 10
Reviews: 0

Sometimes I think he`s having masticatory tics.

Haha, he is rather fidgety isn't he?

BTW, that photo shoot/time period is one of my favorite looks on him. Short black hair, short beard, all black clothes... it makes quite the impact.

ARYA
2012-04-07 06:51

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
Yeah, all that uncomfortable fidgeting and the stills reveal none of it. So strange that he appears to dislike the photo shoots. And he is quoted somewhere, saying he doesn't like them either. Does it look like he and Tilda are sharing that glass of wine? In the very beginning of the vid?
Softie
2012-04-07 07:10

Yes, she's holding it up to him while he sniffs it (being the connoisseur that he is;) and then sips it.

Watching a lot of these behind the scenes vids of photoshoots, and the press rounds at film premiers, I have really been able to see how much bullshit he puts up with. I'm speaking only in terms of the obligations and duties an actor has surrounding the film/product itself. It's just awkward, and you never see that aspect of it in still photos and quick interview clips. The stupid, redundant questions, the way those "reporters" just ask the same banal, thoughtless questions over and over while it seems like they aren't really even listening to his answers... etc.

There's one clip somewhere around at "The Replacements" premiere (I think it's from that same Russian Club account), and you can physically see KR shut down as the guy asks him stupid questions. He actually looked simultaneously distraught, disappointed, pissed off and like he'd rather be anywhere else on the planet. I went into watching it expecting to see some hotness and ended up feeling kinda bad for him after watching it! He seems like a really open, sensitive guy who gets affected. :(

BlueGem
2012-04-07 10:48

Forum Posts: 184
Comments: 11
Softie, I sort of think the same way. And I notice, too, that KR is very responsive to the other actors in the photoshoot; if someone so much as tips their head in his direction, he's focused in on them. It makes it seem like he is very present with the other people he's working with. So, yeah, reporter nonsense would drive someone like that crazy - so much of it is superficial and he's just not interested in relating on that level.

Isn't he always fidgety, though? He's very kinetic, at least on TV interviews. Constantly crossing and recrossing his legs, stroking his chin (or facial hair if it's there), readjusting his body in some way. That's why it kills me when people describe his acting as wooden. Didn't he once say that acting was the only thing that kept him still? If you can see underneath the stillness, there's a huge amount of activity going inside the man.

Yeah, I like his look there, too. Maybe its just me, but he somehow seems more beautiful than anyone else there.

LucaM
2012-04-08 05:59

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
Like a duck on the pond. On the surface everything looks calm, but beneath the water those little feet are churning a mile a minute.

;)

Softie
2012-04-08 06:20

The Replacements? :) It's the truth.
BlueGem
2012-04-08 10:55

Forum Posts: 184
Comments: 11
Great visual, LucaM, the duck on the pond. Exactly. ;)

1 [2]

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.