WINM Forums :: Introductions :: So tired of hearing that he's a horrible actor.

So tired of hearing that he's a horrible actor.
AdriannaM.
2010-08-15 14:45

Forum Posts: 424
Comments: 24
Reviews: 1
Hi everyone,
I joined this sight for just this reason - because I'm really tired of hearing that KR is a horrible actor. I'm tired of defending my love for him, especially when there are much better targets for ridicule. It's becoming very annoying to me. Anyway, it's simply not true, he happens to be gifted in many ways, that is why he has lasted so long. Now I am not an obsessed fan, I'm not a stalker or a total celebrity freak. I have my own life and I am very much into my own life. I don't care much for celebrity gossip, their personal lives are their own business, but I appreciate their art, especially KR's, he is my favorite actor. I have a boyfriend whom I consider to be just as beautiful as KR with some similar features and brooding sexiness - lucky me, so you will not find me stalking or harassing hot movie stars. My issue here is that KR just doesn't seem to get the appreciation he deserves for his talent, hard work and dedication - only for his looks, albeit he is exceptionally beautiful. Yes, I'm sure we've all noticed his dark hair, high cheekbones, shapely thighs and rear, enticing front and eyes that pierce the soul with their sexiness - yes it's true that he is so beautiful that it kind of hurts - but that is not the most important thing. All of you nay-sayers who insist that he sucks at acting have obviously never seen Constantine. Constantine is my favorite movie ever and KR performs amazingly in it. Nobody else could have played that role like KR. In this movie he is emotional, brooding, spiritual, feisty, full of passion (and pain) and you can totally see it in his eyes. It was the way that he kept a straight face at times but betrayed a sea of emotions in his eyes and opened the floodgates with the most subtle of facial movements. He acts out the stages of dying (denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance) flawlessly. He does an amazing job at this and I'm very surprised that critics missed this. I guess they are just focusing on other things. He did this so well, that I almost went through all the stages with him. I felt his pain, his fear, his anger and I went to Hell with him! It was amazing, so seriously, who cares if he's hot - he's really good at what he does and I have enormous respect for him. I don't know why over-actors and raving lunatics on cocaine get all the respect in the industry. That style of drama, I believe has it's place and these actors are very talented, but it is not the only style there is. KR's style is simply more subtle, more enigmatic, more serious and more mysterious. I believe it might even be more challenging professionally and it is certainly a more delicate art form. I understand that some people might disagree with this, everyone has their own point of view and it keeps the world interesting, but these are my feelings about him and I felt like I needed an outlet for them.

Anakin McFly
2010-08-15 14:55

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Welcome to the site! Yeah, Keanu is underappreciated for his talent; I agree about Constantine being one of his best performances, though in general most people have varying opinions about what movies he was good or bad in.

Have you seen this site? http://www.thankyoukeanu.com

AdriannaM.
2010-08-15 15:12

Hi,

I hadn't seen that one yet, thank you for that, I will check it out. That makes me think of an interesting point. If I were ever lucky enough to meet him, I would probably just thank him wholeheartedly and genuinely for Constantine,then let him go about his business. As a spiritual, but lost individual, I felt that movie provided me with a visual of things I have pondered my whole life. It was very comforting to me, in a strange way I guess. I'm not sure if that makes any sense to anyone else but me, but I'm trying to express it the best way I can. From what I've been able to read about him, KR seems like a very kind, wonderful man, but of course I can't know that for sure because I've never met him. I know he's been very generous about donating to cancer research and that really reveals a lot about his character. Of course, out of respect for him I'd rather try not to comment too much on his personal life and keep it about his art. He seems to be a private individual, but there's no denying that through his art, he has touched the lives of many.

TheTangerine
2010-08-15 22:12

Forum Posts: 385
Comments: 33
Reviews: 2
Hi! I joined this site for similar reasons :) I felt that the Matrix trilogy had changed my life. (Have you seen it? If you haven't go see it. :)

Yeah, people's remarks on his acting are very varied. :/

nafsunaek
2010-08-16 06:09

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
Reviews: 0
Hi and welcome.
I also joined this and other sites for similar reasons, though I don't feel that any of his films in particular changed my life. It was mostly my being unable to understand why the critics - and other non-critic people 'acting' as such - made of Keanu the target for their 'abuse'. Because I honestly think that they abuse him when they say he's a wooden actor and a dim-witted person. You may like his films or not, even his acting style or not, but all these people (we call them 'fish' here) tend to take it to the personal field, and that's too much.
I enjoy most of his films; there's always something new I hadn't noticed when I re-watch them. And I like him as a person for no tangible reason, because I've never met him. There something about him that touches deep in the heart - I don't know exactly what it is. Maybe a sense of truth, of not faking. His dedication and humility.
Anyway, I'm 48, married and with a son. I'm past the age of raving for a movie star, but I enjoy this site, reading about him, exchanging opinions and feelings, watching his interviews and his films. So, in a way, KR HAS changed my life.
AdriannaM.
2010-08-16 13:11

Hi again,

Keanu is an addiction, this must be why I keep coming back - that and the insomnia. Seriously though, it's nice to meet people with whom I have similar interests. I loved the Matrix as well and I'm working on the sequels, but I don't have much time during the day with a toddler running around. I guess in a way, the movie Constantine did change my life, though of course not in any huge way like having a real relationship and having my child, but in a much more subtle way - subtle like the beautiful Keanu:) I realize everyone has different religious and non-religious perspectives, so I don't really want to get too into that (I do not wish to hurt or offend anyone, I'm tolerant and accepting of different beliefs, please don't take this the wrong way) - but suffice it to say that I have a strong Catholic background and I understood all the references and religious elements of that movie. I've experienced the harsh, dogmatic and unforgiving side of the religion as well as the benign, loving, beautiful side of it and I embrace both, but I've been lost for so long. Constantine was an embrace of sheer love and comfort for me and it meant so much. Of course no one should ever live their lives based on a movie or a movie star, but one cannot ignore the fact that a meaningful story and a very gifted artist (KR) can be a source of great inspiration. Art can breathe new life into a broken soul.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.