WINM Forums :: Introductions :: Aint He Sweet

Aint He Sweet
Redgirlycat2010-10-22 07:33

Forum Posts: 5
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
Hello
I'm another Keanu fan, probably a little older or maybe the "right" age to appreciate the comfort of men that are brainy, good looking and not whiners. I've read Anakin from the IMDb boards and very happy to be able to be in the same room. I have research envy lol
I liked Keanu from the first movie I saw him in, but like most older women, felt rather embarrassed to admit it. NOW I'm almost shouting it from rooftops lol
Looking at IMDb, Keanu has a very impressive amount of work on display, that warrants perusal from the very young to the -uh hum-40's to 50's area.......and older...There's something for every age and all types of emotions. I tend to go more for sci-fi, because it takes me away from My more stressful life's profession. YES he is georgous, YES he is talented, but dang it, There is alot more to him We just haven't figured out about.
inkhuldra
2010-10-22 07:49

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
He's the thinking woman's male actor, isn't he? We get to watch him with the Female Gaze, but we also *think* while doing so. He acts in such a way as to invite interpretation, in other words: thinking. And -- although he doesn't invite the female eye to linger on him -- his looks do just that. He's beautiful to behold. Even if he tries to downplay it.

As a thinking woman who wants challenge, I get nothing out of empty male beauty. There has to be more. There has to be depth. And that's what Keanu offers, by not offering of his depth. He just hints at it, unconsciously. As thinking women, we sniff at the bait and then we go down deep with the hook, line and sinker. There's a challenge, and we bite. The allure of depth gets us every time. :-)

Redgirlycat2010-10-22 07:55

Inkhuldra...
What a wonderful and insiteful way of putting the the feelings I am trying to express. Yes he is a challenge and I think most women like the "challenge"
TheTangerine
2010-10-22 08:03

Forum Posts: 385
Comments: 33
Reviews: 2
Hi Redgirlycat! Yes, inkhuldra put it perfectly. I admit I was drawn in by his looks too, and I like him for exactly the same reasons Ani does.

I'm not very familiar with the imdb boards, so I don't think I've ever met you. :)

Redgirlycat2010-10-22 08:13

Hi TheTangerine....
I'm the big mouth Susiekitty..sorry if I have offended anyone...I just mainly react to the subject matter. lol
You know the "type A" personality.......I'm the poster child for it lol
But Nice To Meet You... I hope I dont scare You Away..
nafsunaek
2010-10-22 08:19

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
Hi Redgirlycat! Nice to meet you!
Redgirlycat2010-10-22 08:29

Nice to meet You too nafsnuaek.....Aren't You on the IMDb board too?
TheTangerine
2010-10-22 08:31

ohhhh, hi Susiekitty. I've seen a few of your posts :) I just read, never post, don't have an account, and dwell mostly on the Star Wars, Matrix and Keanu Reeves areas. :)
Redgirlycat2010-10-22 08:40

Ahhhhhh Ok....Well I have, to the chagrin of some of the cohorts on IMDb, tried mercifully to watch all of the Matrix, but alas, it will take me a few more months lol I got the Trilogy and started watching the second one, but was interrupted.....I have gotten quite a few more of Keanu's movies, The Watcher(oh geez I almost scared meself to death with that one lol), The Night Before(yet to see) and another one that escapes me for now.
inkhuldra
2010-10-22 09:40

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
I love to meet fans of earlier days. I myself have been around since 1993, and since 1994 on the Internet. I had the first fansite that was 100% dedicated to interviews/articles: The Norwegian Wood. WINM is the current guard to protect my legacy from back then. I still contribute with new stuff. And I still feel bad for not scanning the old stuff that I have. I just found an old KeanuWeb t-shirt in my closet. Yes, from all the way back then. Makes me feel ancient!
AdriannaM.
2010-10-22 10:04

Forum Posts: 424
Comments: 24
Reviews: 1
Hi Redgirlycat, nice to meet you :) I wouldn't worry about your thoughts scaring people away. I've personally found the excellent people on this forum don't scare very easily at all :D
TheTangerine
2010-10-22 10:17

...except for the citrus fruit that can recite Matrix quotes from memory. >:)
LucaM
2010-10-22 17:06

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
Inkhuldra - THAT. thank you for putting words on the thoughts I couldn't articulate. guess that's the closest answer to the 'why' I became a fan.
... that and the Matrix Trilogy ;) :D
then there was Constantine ... and by the time Street Kings was released I was already walking the path of no return ;) :D
YES he is georgous, YES he is talented, but dang it, There is alot more to him We just haven't figured out about.
oh, but we're trying.... we're trying... ;)
and yes, Susiekitty, we DO love this challenge :D
btw, hi and nice to read you here. I'm 'taifunu' at IMDb

Anakin McFly
2010-10-22 23:32

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405

I just found an old KeanuWeb t-shirt in my closet.

...They had T-shirts? D:

AdriannaM.
2010-10-22 23:37

Forum Posts: 424
Comments: 24
*Tangerine knows that terror is a rush and is good for the soul* ;)
Donna_J
2010-10-22 23:40

Forum Posts: 264
Comments: 3
Hello, Redgirlycat! Glad to meet you!
Inkhuldra - great!!!it turned out I am of "thinking" women, that want a challenge . It's pleasant, never thought that about myself (I 'm about challenge,not "thinking" :)Whoa....
nafsunaek
2010-10-23 05:17

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
@Redgirlycat
No, I haven't got an account at IMDb, but I sometimes read the comments on some threads (usually when Ani, Luca or Ink give us a hint here about something going on there) ;)
seer
2010-10-23 06:43

Forum Posts: 330
Comments: 131
Welcome aboard Red :)

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.