1 [2] 3 4 5 6

I had to draw one of favs
Donna_J
2010-10-29 05:42

Forum Posts: 264
Comments: 3
Reviews: 0
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!I diiid it!
@Tangerine but you were the first anyway!(Oh, yes we have our own club now).
@Inkhuldra - you are wonderful!!!after reading your explanations everything was done in a minute!
Meet the 47th Ronin - I had to draw one of my future favourites.He just came out a little too young, don't you think so?
@Adrianna - saw paintings on your site, impressed!i have always painted people and things as they are but in such paintings as yours there is something mysterious. If you don't mind what inspired you painting that last but one pisture(didn't understand, but liked it).
And I appologize for littering the forum with my unsuccessful links.:)
AdriannaM.
2010-10-29 06:49

Forum Posts: 424
Comments: 24
Reviews: 1
Wow, look at those cheekbones! Hot! You really emphasize his spectacular bone structure there, Donna, nice job :)

Which painting are you referring to?

You can also edit and delete your posts if you want, there's a small square icon at the bottom.

Anakin McFly
2010-10-29 17:23

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405

What do you think, Anakin? Do you like it, or should I consider redrawing it?

Looks great - I prefer the second too. Love the wings and the way you drew his body. :D The facial expression is a bit weird, but it's an interesting style. Your shading is awesome.

@Donna_J: Good likeness, thanks for sharing! You can edit your posts instead of making new ones - just click on the little square icon at the end of each post.

Donna_J
2010-10-29 18:12

Thanks, thanks, thanks for kind words and letting me do some cleaning:)
@Adrianna - Oh, yeah, he has the nicest cheek-bones(love them) and I used your pic-avatar drawing it. And I asked about the girl with her back like ripe fuit or snake scales or some mechanism inside or maybe it is not a girl at all.I was thinking about it.Explane, please.
TheTangerine
2010-10-30 02:47

Forum Posts: 385
Comments: 33
Reviews: 2
Nice job, Donna. :) It seems like you emphasized the Asian half of him. :)
Donna_J
2010-10-30 03:33

Thanks, Tangerine! I really wanted to show him more Asian than European.Happy you noticed that.I just wonder if he will be at least a little like that in the movie:)
ARYA
2010-10-30 03:40

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
My samurai hero! Very nice. Thanks.
ckage
2010-10-30 04:56

Forum Posts: 474
Comments: 6
Niiice... Very impressive samurai you've got there. :|
AdriannaM.
2010-10-31 00:35

Thanks Anakin :)

I asked about the girl with her back like ripe fuit or snake scales or some mechanism inside or maybe it is not a girl at all.I was thinking about it.Explane, please.

I'm not really sure what I was thinking with that one, that's a tough one to explain . . . I kind of had a brief fixation with spines after my first six epidurals, lol. The doctor really messed up, he stuck the needle in six excruciating times and still couldn't get it right, so they had to put me out during my emergency c-section. Everything was fine, the baby was fine and beautiful and still is - but that pain kind of stuck with me for a while. I pondered the event on morphine the next day and the day after and started picturing some strange things.

Shortly after, I found a contest on DeviantArt, an art site to which I belong, which was exploring the concept of artificial organ replacement, and I wondered what it would look like. I started thinking how cool it would be if we could create mechanical spines that would actually work in the body and with the CNS. You could maybe turn off certain pain receptors, fix paralysis, I don't know. It's all a dream, I don't really know anything about this stuff. Anyway, I could only paint these ideas abstractly. Unfortunately, I'm not so good that I can portray that realistically :(

Anyway, I still love your Asian Keanu, it's gorgeous! I'm really looking forward to 47 Ronin movie.

Donna_J
2010-10-31 03:13

Thank you Arya, Scage, Adrianna!
@Adrianna - I am sorry that you had to get through that pain and happy that the baby is fine.How old is he(or it is a girl?).Anyway let always be healthy!I knew that it was the whole story behind that painting. It is too bright(not in colours), deep, strikes the eye(and I wasn't so wrong about mechanisms) who knows maybe it's not such an unreal dream and we are going to have such thing soon...well, maybe not so soon, but anyway ...You know all the great inventions were dreams at first.Such things don't appear from the thin air it's always some experience.And you are not right, you are good if your pictures can touch.I wish i could do that, because sometimes I have strange thoughts and fantasies but when in a hurry I grab a pencil or a brush it comes out so plane and uninteresting that I gave up the attempts.Your paintings ARE realistic and impressive and if you don't mind I 'll come from time to time to look at your new ones:)
nafsunaek
2010-11-02 01:14

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
@ Donna_J
Wonderful drawing!
Donna_J
2010-11-02 01:33

thank you! I am happy you liked it!
Donna_J
2010-11-13 06:00

Ani, I think I have a present for your birthday and for all who was looking forward to "Passengers".I started drawing while reading the script(liked it very much),but then knew they are not going to make this movie.I was disappointed but then decided to finish some of the drawings still.So here they are....

Jim thinks:"To wake her up or not?That's the question!"

She knows already...

in the ingine compartment

Hell of a life together(that could be a poster)

And, Ani, if you make up your mind to go and direct this film yourself I'm with you!:)

ARYA
2010-11-13 08:33

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
very nice donna. I especially like the one of him laying in aurora's lap. Let me guess? That aurora looks like you? Thanks for sharing.
nafsunaek
2010-11-14 04:05

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
Well, well. You're an artist!
TheTangerine
2010-11-14 09:15

Forum Posts: 385
Comments: 33
Reviews: 2
Wow, really good job! I like the first and the one with Jim in Aurora's lap too.I can't draw people to save my life. What I draw is mostly stick figures, stuff like xkcd... :) Thanks for sharing!
Donna_J
2010-11-14 22:51

Thank you!!!
@ARYA - You are quite right about Aurora(I thought who else would take better care of him?:) and that drawing is my favourite too!
@nafsunaek - Whoa!!!Is that about me?thanks... whoa!
@Tangerine - and I can't play clarinet to save my life (though I like it very much:)
AdriannaM.
2010-11-15 09:20

Beautiful work, Donna :)Do any painting or photoshop?
Donna_J
2010-11-16 00:23

Thank you Adrianna! I added filter to the last drawing(in the part with outer space)to make it a little blur. My paintings(in water-colour and oil paints) are mostly landscapes and portraits of my relatives and friends, know photoshop a little(enough to correct family photoes and do something funny).Changing pictures and photoes is a big fun. I am thinking of making KC's portrait in oil, just haven't decided yet in what racurs.I wonder if I can find time for it.And, anyway , I have no chance to give it to Him *sighs* (and HE, most likely, no wish to have it):)
AdriannaM.
2010-11-18 08:39

I think you should do it anyway. We'll appreciate it :)

1 [2] 3 4 5 6

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.