WINM Forums :: Introductions :: My First **Official** Day!! LOL

My First **Official** Day!! LOL
peebee2011-04-22 04:05

Forum Posts: 3
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
Greetings from NYC/North Jersey area!

I believe I have checked in to winm every day for at least a year (lost count). Do they give out WINM cards that say, "Member since...." because I'm proud to be among you all.

Would you like to know what prompted me to stand up and be official?? Well, I'll tell ya. I've been waiting 'like forever' for Henry's Crime to make its appearance at my local theater, etc. I saw a mention on here re: The Landmark (in NYC) holding HC's opening night (April 8th or so), join the contest, etc. Of course, I wasn't chosen. Sob.... But, I knew I'd pop down there and get to see Keanu in his latest offering over this weekend, April 23rd.... I checked The Landmark's site this week for showtimes, and I come to find out that TODAY is Henry's Crime's last day at their theater. So, I scramble down there last night after work. I loved it. Had I not had to catch a bus to Jersey, I would have stayed for the next showing. Come in this a.m., knowing that I will finally have to officially sign-up to add a review for Henry's Crime....

I went to HC's review area to see that I cannot add anything better to what Adrianna has offered. Since I check-in every day, some names stick out, i.e., Anakin, Luca, Adrianna, Tangerine, Marshmallow, etc. Of course, I don't actually know anyone, but the heartfelt appreciation, enjoyment, intelligence and beloved defense for Keanu speak volumes to me.

I'm not a kid (44 yrs), and I've been a fan for 25+ years. It would be longer, but we didn't have cable so I couldn't see the most early offerings. And, I missed Youngblood, b/c I was not a fan of Rob Lowe or the Brat Pack crew. I hate the way people rip on Keanu's work. If you look at his early stuff, he was just a teenage kid starting out and trying his best. When my crowd went to see 'River's Edge' when it came out, we were blown away by the subject material and Keanu acted as the 'burn-out' kids did at the time. I know he gets crucified for "Bill & Ted's", but again that time period produced that "hey, dude" attitude. I much rather preferred Keanu as Ted than (runner-up) Pauly Shore, etc. He def chose some great indies and parred with strong/iconic actors along the way. How can these jerks not see the difference between his movies?? I do think some men are jealous that women find him so attractive. Ahem. (Rolling Stone cover against a motorcyle circa 1993-ish). LOL And, another thing, let the man progress into middle adulthood.

Being in "middle age now", I can tell you that the saying is right re: looks fade, etc. but I embrace the Keanu we have today. I truly miss his early unguarded happiness, foppish hair, bright eyes & wide smile. Life happened along the way. I enjoy every offering that comes along. Anyone who works with him always says that he's most kind, intelligent, courteous and generous. He did a great job producing "Henry's Crime", and I look forward to the next thing down the road.

I don't stalk stars, but I do wish this particular one as much happiness and love as allowed. I've watched all his movies, articles (& YouTube interviews, etc.) many times, but I cannot say that I've ever had to defend him to anyone. I'd Shut..Them..Down...Hard. At 5 feet tall, you wouldn't believe that I'm a grab 'em by the balls kind of gal. No one messes with our Anu on my watch (in my section of our winm world). LOL

Sorry so long. **Big Hugs**

peebee

ShadowSpark
2011-04-22 06:29

Forum Posts: 541
Comments: 33
*waves from ceiling where she tends to lurk*

Greetings Program:peebee

My designation is User: Spark. As the resident Tron-nut, I bid you welcome to the site! You will receive an information packet. Please confirm that it has arrived.

Preparing instructions....

Your objective: To seek out and destroy FISH - any and all programs and/or users with malicious intentions toward User: Keanu.

Sending.....

Instructions sent.....

Awaiting confirmation....

ARYA
2011-04-22 08:03

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
Hey there peebee. You can still leave a review even though adrianna was most eloquent. Also IMDB and Netflix are good places to try out your review writing skills. No pressure...just sayin ;)
Anakin McFly
2011-04-22 08:39

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Hi!
Welcome, and thanks for sharing your story! :D

Being in "middle age now", I can tell you that the saying is right re: looks fade, etc. but I embrace the Keanu we have today. I truly miss his early unguarded happiness, foppish hair, bright eyes & wide smile. Life happened along the way.

Yep.

AdriannaM.
2011-04-22 10:46

Forum Posts: 424
Comments: 24
Reviews: 1
Welcome peebee, nice to meet you :)Thanks for sharing your story. It's true there is something incredibly special about vivacious Ted. . .
LucaM
2011-04-22 15:49

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
well hello, and welcome :)

Being in "middle age now", I can tell you that the saying is right re: looks fade, etc. but I embrace the Keanu we have today. I truly miss his early unguarded happiness, foppish hair, bright eyes & wide smile. Life happened along the way.

yeah, but then, it was inevitable ;)
and good wine gets better with age. with patience, it might turn into a fine cognac ;)

peebee2011-04-22 23:15

Forum Posts: 3
Comments: 0
Ahhhh, yes.... He just gets better and better to me.

Thanks for the greetings. I realized afterwards that I was probably "too much" with my gushings. But, I give no apologies.... My heart and mind have been bursting with thoughts about Keanu, this wonderful site and many of my protective brethren. ;)

And to, ShadowSpark: I have enjoyed many types of fishing through the years, but I think I prefer deep sea fishing most b/c they give ya quite a fight until you land them upon the deck. Bam...

Sephonae
2011-04-23 00:45

Forum Posts: 160
Comments: 3
Welcome, Peebee! And I'd like to second the motion for a WINM Member card.
LucaM
2011-04-23 00:50

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
@peebee - wanna deck'em? whoa, there's a wild one ;) :D
gulbie
2011-04-23 01:49

Forum Posts: 261
Comments: 17
Hi! welcome peebee!
ShadowSpark
2011-04-23 05:42

Forum Posts: 541

And to, ShadowSpark: I have enjoyed many types of fishing through the years, but I think I prefer deep sea fishing most b/c they give ya quite a fight until you land them upon the deck. Bam...

So, your information packet has been received? Please send official confirmation so I can enter it in the data records. ;)

TheTangerine
2011-04-23 05:51

Forum Posts: 385
Reviews: 2
hi and welcome peebee! :D honored to be on your stick-out name list!

It seems that a lot of members recently like to lurk for around a year before joining. including me. anyway, glad you joined! :D

and those member cards sound good!

lindawn
2011-04-23 08:14

Forum Posts: 102
Comments: 14
Membership cards are okay but who's going to see that. I think we need SWAT team uniforms. Or t-shirts at least. I would wear mine proudly.

Welcome aboard peebee. I love the conversations here. Don't have time to post very often myself but I am here reading every day.

Giladora
2011-04-24 04:01

Forum Posts: 165
Comments: 22
Hello peebee .. thx for sharing your story . and ur quit a fighter :).. nice...LOL@prefer deep sea fishing most b/c they give ya quite a fight until you land them upon the deck. Bam...

HAHAHA..

nafsunaek
2011-04-25 07:46

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
Hi, peebee! Nice to meet you and welcome to this AWESOME site!
Gypsybiker2112
2011-04-25 09:37

Forum Posts: 17
Comments: 1
Hi peebee and welcome..I'm pretty new here myself. Only a couple of weeks in front of you..
I love this site...Nice to be able to share something with others, and have a good giggle at the same time...
inkhuldra
2011-04-26 02:32

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Oooh yes, SWAT Team uniforms! For when we go fish-swatting. I suggest we all get ourselves Point Break-type wetsuits and make them our WINM uniforms. Gonna need harpoons too. And salmon-pink fishnet stockings, perhaps?

Oh, and welcome, peebee! :-)

seer
2011-04-28 12:56

Forum Posts: 330
Comments: 131
Welcome aboard PeeBee :).

Gushing allowed and often expected in the early days ;).

seer
2011-04-28 12:58

Forum Posts: 330
Comments: 131
There ya go Ani, cards and tees (salmon PINK fishnet?!). Great fund raising project ;).
lindawn
2011-04-28 23:51

Forum Posts: 102
Comments: 14
Point Break-type wetsuits and make them our WINM uniforms. Gonna need harpoons too. And salmon-pink fishnet stockings, perhaps?

That would be quite the site!

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.