WINM Forums :: Everything Else KCR :: I won an autographed Henry's Crime poster :D

I won an autographed Henry's Crime poster :D
Anakin McFly
2011-04-28 07:42

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
from being one of the top five in the Moving Pictures Network's Keanu contest.

Got this from the front desk, and I was happily tearing away at the tape while in the lobby waiting for the lift to arrive with a stupid grin on my face:

sadly, no one paid me attention or asked me what was in there. It got a few passing stares though, because it's big and awesome and was probably giving off secret Keanu vibes of awesome.

POSTER

with signatures from Keanu Reeves, James Caan, Vera Farmiga and Malcolm Venville.

KEANUUUUUUU :D :D :D :D

...being his usual illegible self. never change, keanu. never change.
wee!Neo courtesy of @krix from keanuvision, who has loaned him to me.

I also got a copy of their magazine:

there's a Keanu interview in there, but it's basically the same one that was on their site in three parts. It's up on WINM somewhere.

...and then my glee kind of died down a little and it was kind of underwhelming. Like... ok. I have a poster with Keanu's autograph on it. Now what. :|

and then I looked at it a while more and was :D
and then it went back to :|

nafsunaek
2011-04-28 08:00

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
Reviews: 0
Hey! Cheer up! You have a poster signed by Keanu Reeves, James Caan, Vera Farmiga and Malcolm Venville! :D
Not many people do - I don't :((
ARYA
2011-04-28 09:36

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
OMG this is so cool! It's almost better than if I won it because you have Krix's Neo in the picture! Come on now it's a little bit funny that he signed right under The Diva isn't it? Congrats. I wonder if you want to share your submission?
I can think of no one more deserving of the poster. :)
If you are wondering what to do with it, you could put it in a poster frame to hang or get a bit more creative and decoupage it to a door in your home.
Ya know its a great reminder that "The real crime is not committing to your dreams"
Anakin McFly
2011-04-28 12:20

ADMIN

thanks! XD

That's three people who have told me to frame it, but I refuse to bow to such an overt display of celebrity worship. :| (as opposed to running a fansite, which is totally sane.)

I submitted a revised version of a poem that I've posted before (parts of it are in the banner headers in the archive): http://www.movingpicturesnetwork.com/26259/ode-keanu-reeves/

seer
2011-04-28 12:51

Forum Posts: 330
Comments: 131
Congrats Ani!

You'll think of a suitable.. um.. well, repository for this wonderful little tidbit of fandom eventually ;).

inkhuldra
2011-04-28 17:50

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Congrats Ani! I entered in the competition in my name, but said that as I wasn't in the US I would like to donate my prize to someone else ("a friend in Eugene, Oregon") if I won. Of course, my entry was discarded along with everybody else's from outside the US, but still... Somehow I feel there was karma involved.

Does anyone know who won the grand prize of getting to go to the premiere?

LucaM
2011-04-28 18:35

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
congrats ! :D

it wouldn't be 'an overt display of celebrity worship.' , like ARYA said, it's a reminder of "The real crime is not committing to your dreams"

you'll find a place for it. eventually. ;)

Come on now it's a little bit funny that he signed right under The Diva isn't it?

... yeah :D
Giladora
2011-04-28 21:35

Forum Posts: 165
Comments: 22
ah congrtas Anakin !

I would feel exactly the same , wow/nonsense!!, wow /nonsense?? .. it seems like a complicated feeling to handle , go for either of the wow or nonsense , so your mind would be at ease . but come on go for "WOW" :D coz you and the whole thing deserve a wow :D ( did i sound like an old lady ??:-s )

and an off-topic PS : I think Vera would make a brilliant Vampire :D

ARYA
2011-04-28 21:41

@Luca, just a little bit funny :D

@ inkhuldra, I guess whoever won the travel/premiere was not photographed anywhere so we may never know.

@anakin, your poem is wonderful! And I agree with luca that a framed movie poster is not an overt display of celebrity worship.

ARYA
2011-04-28 21:44

@ inhuldra, Now that I think of it, isn't there some stipulation that a public contest has to reveal the persons that won a contest, to prove there were winners?
Giladora
2011-04-28 21:55

Forum Posts: 165
Comments: 22
yeah I liked the poem , I meant to say ..
lindawn
2011-04-28 23:47

Forum Posts: 102
Comments: 14
Congrats to you Ani. The poem is fantastic. I too would frame the poster and display it proudly. I am of the age where I don't give a pig's fart what people think of me. You just have to come to my office and look around my desk. I have to have something nice to look at all day. The other ladies in the office call my cubicle the "calming corner". When they get stressed they just enter and enjoy the view for a couple seconds.
gulbie
2011-04-29 00:04

Forum Posts: 261
Comments: 17
Congrats Ani! the poem is wonderful. :)
inkhuldra
2011-04-29 00:10

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153

@ inhuldra, Now that I think of it, isn't there some stipulation that a public contest has to reveal the persons that won a contest, to prove there were winners?

That's what I thought, too. Also, I'd think they'd announce it publicly simply for the marketing value of it. Why have a competition and not make a public announcement about who won it?

Anakin McFly
2011-04-29 02:01

ADMIN

Thanks!

The first prize was the poster, magazine and a $50 voucher; the premiere contest was a different one.

k1000a92
2011-04-29 05:00

Forum Posts: 17
Comments: 0
Woo! Congratulations Ani!

I think you should frame it, too. :)
It's not as much a display of celebrity worship as a way of saying "See this thing here? I won it. And it is AWESOME." Or, if you're not that much into the self-promotion side of things, you could just frame it to preserve it. I have learned from experience that posters tear very easily if they're not framed :|
And we wouldn't want that to happen to such a lovely poster, now would we? ;)

AdriannaM.
2011-04-29 06:00

Forum Posts: 424
Comments: 24
Congratulations Ani! The poster is super awesome! i LOVED your poem. You're a better writer than Keanu :D

I think you should frame it, Ani - you're way beyond hiding your celebrity worship at this time, sorry :P But not framing it would be kind of like me pretending to be sane :D There are way worse obsessions that we could have. You should be proud of all you've accomplished. You've managed to go to college while creating and maintaining a site that has brought awesome people together and made many people happy. It is because of your site that I got to meet my idol. You deserve all the bragging rights <3

Donna_J
2011-04-30 04:26

Forum Posts: 264
Comments: 3
Àni, congratulations!!!!!! Very very good poem!

You should be proud of all you've accomplished. You've managed to go to college while creating and maintaining a site that has brought awesome people together and made many people happy.

Adri can always find the right words!

i LOVED your poem. You're a better writer than Keanu :D

Yes! ;)
Sephonae
2011-05-01 01:43

Forum Posts: 160
Comments: 3
Very kewl, congrats, Anakin! I would jump in on the "frame it" bandwagon - posters I've loved but didn't protect by framing under glass eventually die ignoble deaths at the merciless hands of Time.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.