ARYA
2011-08-11 00:11

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
Exclusive: Keanu Reeves in Financing Talks for His Directorial Debut

Tue, Aug 9 2011

EXCLUSIVE

Keanu Reeves is in negotiations with China Film Group and Village Roadshow Pictures to get funding for “Man of Tai Chi,” a Mandarin-and-English-language movie that Reeves will star in and direct, individuals familiar with the project told TheWrap.

Reeves also wrote the martial arts film, which, if it goes forward, will mark his directorial debut.

“Tai Chi” also stars Tiger Chen, a member of the kung fu team in “The Matrix.”

The “Speed” star plays the villain in the movie, which includes some serious fighting scenes.

Reeves showed off his martial arts chops in “The Matrix” films and recently finished filming “47 Ronin,” Universal’s adaptation of the Japanese martial arts picture.

Representatives of Reeves and Village Roadshow declined comment. Representatives of China Film Group could not be reached.

Related Articles: Rinsch to Direct Keanu’s ‘47 Ronin’ Keanu Reeves to Star in ‘Henry’s Crime’

from Reuters

inkhuldra
2011-08-11 02:51

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Reviews: 0
I thought that Tiger Chen was the man behind the project, and that Keanu came onboard later. Looks like it was Our Man's baby from the beginning, if it's true that he wrote the script.

I'm looking forward to this one. Especially because Keanu is the bad guy -- and not only that, but a bad guy who he himself wrote. I hope he's really eeeeeeevil!

gulbie
2011-08-11 03:42

Forum Posts: 261
Comments: 17
I'm curious to see how keanu is as director, I'm confident he'll be good. I especially love when he plays bad guy. I hope everything goes well and the project becomes a movie. I remember (I can wrong) keanu and tiger work together to a script a couple of years ago, plus I think you remember better than me last year keanu went in china in summer and he met some people of the chinese cinema, maybe those meetings were for this project " Man of tai chi"...who knows...
we'll see...
inkhuldra
2011-08-11 16:07

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
More on this:

http://twitchfilm.com/news/2011/08/keanu-reeves-moving-ahead-with-man-of-tai-chi.php

http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/keanu-reeves-lands-financing-for-directorial-debut-man-of-tai-chi/

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.