Keanu is NOT DEAD
Anakin McFly
2012-02-13 17:09

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Just in case you were wondering.

I am facepalming at how this actually went viral and how people are being sad about it on Twitter.

...On the bright side, when they eventually realise that Keanu is still alive, it'll reinforce the rumours of his immortality. :D

RICEIVORE
2012-02-13 19:30

Forum Posts: 30
Comments: 1
Reviews: 0
The fact that they thought he died while snowboarding in Switzerland makes me cry tears of laughter.
gulbie
2012-02-13 19:40

Forum Posts: 261
Comments: 17
last summer he's already dead surfing in New Zealand. the seasons change, the ways of death chance, the only thing doesn't change is the tool: the board! LOL!

right,Ani!
this is the exhibit he's immortal :D

gulbie
2012-02-13 20:11

a conversation between keanu and a friend this morning

friend: hi, Keanu! how are you?

Keanu: not well, I couldn't sleep last night, you know yesterday I was dead again!

friend: My gosh! It should be hard dying and resurging a couple of times a year...

keanu: don't tell me...it kills me...!

LOL!

don't blame me, I write it just for fun!

Chiara
2012-02-13 23:38

Forum Posts: 215
I`m amazed how many people could get to believe to the "news" without checking out the reliability of the source.And then by sharing and spreading it out,they do a favour to the producers who are obviosly terribly sick people with serious psychosis, give them credit in a way and feed their deeply disturbed minds.
Anakin McFly
2012-02-13 23:47

ADMIN

My favourite response so far, from RICEIVORE:

my friends were all
"LANA DID YOU HEAR KEANU REEVES IS DEAD"
And I yelled right there
in the middle of class
"GODDAMNIT HE IS NOT IN FUCKING SWITZERLAND"

:D

they do a favour to the producers who are obviously terribly sick people with serious psychosis, give them credit in a way and feed their deeply disturbed minds.

Nah, that's giving them too much credit. The site comes across as more of a prank, and does for instance explicitly say at the bottom that the news article is "100% fake".

In some way it might have been better if it had been done out of deliberate anti-Keanu malice - at least it would have required some effort, even if sadistic, and it would make more sense for so many people to have fallen for it. But the source article in question wasn't even meant to be Keanu-specific; it's a site where you can type in any words into the URL, and you'll get an article about that. Like so:

http://mushroom.fish.mediafetcher.com/news/top_stories/actor_skiing.php

It's such a stupidly easy hoax for someone to pull that I'm just completely bewildered at how far this got. Riceivore said that the hoax made it to the national news in the Philippines. But it's technically not even a deliberate hoax - whoever was responsible for this particular incident would have been a different person responsible for the website.

Chiara
2012-02-13 23:56

Am just wondering( and thinking of Keanu) what`s the feeling to find out the "news" such this about yourself.I believe that one could hardly get used to that ever.Anyway it makes me sad.
Anakin McFly
2012-02-13 23:58

ADMIN

Frustration, mostly, I'd think; it's hard to feel sad about news of your death if you're still alive. :\\

And on the bright side, the reaction to the hoax at least showed how many people still care about Keanu to the extent that they were devastated at the thought that he might be dead.

Chiara
2012-02-14 00:03

I understand what you mean.I think I`d would be sad if I`d learn that someone spend their spare time thinking ( won`t add wishing) of me as a dead.
Anyway, I like the people who are able to see the bright side of the case.:)

Forgot to add, thanks for sharing the joke,Gulbie.

gulbie
2012-02-14 02:44

@chiara: thanks, sometimes it's better put a little bit of comedy versus shameful situation... " smart quip" as Boccaccio said.

fantastic answer from Ricevoire!

robin
2012-02-14 08:14

Forum Posts: 59
Comments: 0
Hi guys, so I'm one of those who was fooled by this supid site:D

No, I never believed that he was dead, but anyway what is said at the bottom of the article I wasn't sure if it was the fact or just someone's comment.

And also I didn't know he once died in the surfing accident last summer either!

After all I'm just happy that he's alive:)

RICEIVORE
2012-02-14 20:37

Keanu needs to stop dying.

One day I'm going to be rushed to the ICU because of it.

Although, yeah, it really did make it to national news. I was just sitting there eating my rice (yep), and then, at a low volume because people were asleep, the reporter said "THE POPULAR ACTOR KEANU REEVES..." and I immediately grabbed the remote and turned it up.

I received some text messages from my friends-- 'OMGGGGG DID U HEAR KEANUS DEAD???? U MUST BE SO SAD' and other grammatically atrocious things (one of them spelled his name as Kianu and I sent them a strong-worded text in all capitals). Then when I went to school I was bombarded with questions.

I really did yell that in class, though. :| Needless to say, my teacher wasn't very impressed and I was forced to clean up the classroom afterward, but I regret nothing.

KEANU, YOU CAN EXPRESS YOUR IMMORTALITY IN OTHER WAYS THAN DYING AND BEING BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE. IT WOULD BE MUCH BETTER FOR MY POOR HEART.

Anakin McFly
2012-02-14 22:49

ADMIN

Wait, did the news report his death or report the hoax?
Chiara
2012-02-14 23:15

------------------------------------------------------------------------
KEANU, YOU CAN EXPRESS YOUR IMMORTALITY IN OTHER WAYS THAN DYING AND BEING BROUGHT BACK TO LIFE.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

PMSL!

BlueGem
2012-02-15 05:51

Forum Posts: 184
Comments: 11
Lana, I love it that you yelled out in class! I would, too!

Ani, I noticed the word "fish" in that URL you posted to the faux website. 'Nuff said.

Wasn't it Mark Twain who said "Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated?"

RICEIVORE
2012-02-15 06:44

Ani: They said he was dead first.

Then they said he wasn't.

You can see the competence. :|

BlueGem: THE PROFESSOR WOULD YELL IN CLASS. That is so awesome. Would you yell the profanity out, too? Would that warrant having to clean the classroom? I'M JUST SO FASCINATED BY THIS OKAY

Chiara: I try so hard to be funny.

BlueGem
2012-02-15 08:52

Forum Posts: 184
Comments: 11
Rice: HECK yeah. Then we could clean out the classroom together.
Anakin McFly
2012-02-15 10:55

ADMIN

Ani: They said he was dead first.

Then they said he wasn't.

In two separate reports, or the same one?
gulbie
2012-02-15 22:50

Wasn't it Mark Twain who said "Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated?"

yes :)

Giladora
2012-02-16 00:35

Forum Posts: 165
Comments: 22
-----------------------------------------------------
I really did yell that in class, though. :| Needless to say, my teacher wasn't very impressed and I was forced to clean up the classroom afterward, but I regret nothing.
-----------------------------------------------------

hahahaha.. hmmm.. ahem *whistles,fades into the dark*

[1] 2

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.