WINM Forums :: Everything Else KCR :: "Round C"

"Round C"
Softie
2012-07-11 10:37

Forum Posts: 78
Comments: 10
Reviews: 0
So, despite being a huge fan I've never really fully checked out his bands. I know some Dogstar songs, and I actually like a few (I'll admit I was surprised by this. "Your World" is actually really fucking awesome in my opinion, I would listen to that one regardless of who the bassist is. It's kind of dark and moody and wonderful)

Anywho, I found a live performance of the song "Round C", and I really, really like it. The thing is that the sound quality is obviously not that great. I was wondering if anyone has a better quality copy of this song and also if they have the lyrics. I understand that Keanu wrote this and am so so pleasantly surprised by this. I much prefer Greg Miller's voice and style to Domrose's.

Thanks for any help gangl!

Anakin McFly
2012-07-11 11:47

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
...wait, where did you find either of those? D:
I've never heard either Your World or Round C, and I was searchig for the latter for a while. Are they on YouTube?

EDIT: Never mind, I found the YouTube links for both. :D Listening now.
Is this the one you saw for Round C? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3CRu0fz2uY

EDIT2: Don't really like Round C, but I like Your World.

Softie
2012-07-11 12:17

Yeah, that's it Anakin. From what I can hear of Round C, I like the lyrics and melody. Their earlier stuff seemed to have a more 'punk' sound...which I prefer..

But isn't Your World great? I could listen to it over and over... love that guitar riff.

Here's the link for those who may have not heard it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1ojnUta5aU

LucaM
2012-07-11 23:38

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
Thanks for both links :)

I think I could appreciate Round C better if I'd hear it in a 'studio version' and actually hear the lyrics ;)

And Your World is good, but is has the 'Bret sound'.
But I love that guitar riff too ;)

Softie
2012-07-12 06:21

I looked at that page with Dogstar songs, and actually "round C" is listed as "Tried to Say So"... the thing is the song isn't playing properly. Is there a way to fix it, Anakin?

Or maybe it's just me...can someone else try to play it and see if it works for them?

edit: nevermind.

Anakin McFly
2012-07-12 12:19

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1

and actually "round C" is listed as "Tried to Say So"
Wait, how so? What happened exactly?
ARYA
2012-07-12 12:23

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
I've not really looked that carefully at the dogstar collection here but there is a cut on the soundtrack for The Replacements that I believe is dogstar. Maybe its called Second Chance?
Softie
2012-07-12 18:09

Wait, how so? What happened exactly?

Going back to that Youtube page, 'Tried to Say So' is in parentheses, like Round C (Tried to Say So). It is part of the title of the song not the full title. Although in interviews, the band refers to the song as Round C.

I would love for someone to one day ask Keanu why he made a Cheddar reference in a song about love and its difficulties. One to ponder, for sure.

Only Keanu.

LucaM
2012-07-13 02:59

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13

there is a cut on the soundtrack for The Replacements that I believe is dogstar. Maybe its called Second Chance?

Second Chance it is, but it's not Dogstar; it's just Bret. Written, published, produced by Bret Domrose.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.