WINM Forums :: The Reeves Report :: BAZAAR ARTICLE

BAZAAR ARTICLE
ARYA
2013-06-06 22:18

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
In an interview published in the latest issue of Chinese Harper's Bazaar # Keanu Reeves shared his culinary preferences:
"A few years ago I went with the Tiger in Chengdu, where he was staying with friends and family. His mom cooks great! A lot of different dishes. I liked the tangy, spicy taste of Chinese food, especially the spicy chicken with chili (辣子 鸡), grilled fish with a sharp-sweet sauce and ... God help me! frogs Very tasty frog! "(laughs)
On the issue of the Journal, whether he is preparing Chinese dishes, Keanu admitted that he is not. But he still loves dumplings, vegetables and mushrooms. And do not eat pork.

The Russian Club had this bit up in Russian today...and I google translated.
No pork but FROGS?

Anakin McFly
2013-06-07 00:41

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Apparently frogs taste like chicken. Never had it yet though.
Karamelle
2013-06-07 01:39

Forum Posts: 50
Comments: 2
Reviews: 0
Thanks Arya
I've eaten frog legs in a Chinese restaurant. it's good but there is not much to eat, many bones little meat XD
anita7722013-06-07 03:00

Forum Posts: 143
Comments: 6
Reviews: 0
I had frogs legs for the first time last month. They were simply fried. With that preparation, I was able to taste the meat itself, which is actually kind of boring. You know how when people don't know how to describe an unfamiliar meat, they say it tastes like chicken? Well, they don't. They're just kind of bland.

That said, I'm sure that the frogs legs Keanu enjoyed were prepared in a delicious manner with a tasty sauce.

ARYA
2013-06-13 08:19

(I cut and pasted this last part of the Chinese article from google translate that was from VK.com)

HB: What do you think, what you personality?

KR: I do not know ..... Which am I? Probably a bit shy and reserved. Like everyone else, I love a good laugh, good food, pleasant conversation.

HB: Are you going to publish another book of poems? Have you written anything lately?

KR: Lately, I did not write anything. Actually, I want to go somewhere for six weeks, and spend the time to write something good. Maybe just a letter, and can and verse. Something like a diary, with thoughts and feelings, rather than describing the biography.

HB: Do you like to travel. Which city or country you like?

KR: Yeah, I love to travel! I love LA: I like it and the beach and the desert, and mountains. There are some European cities I've visited. I was in China, Chengdu, Beijing and Hong Kong. One day we were driving in the suburbs of Chengdu, I can not remember what the name of this place seems to be "King of the Hill," and there were so dense clouds that could be seen of the road. And I like to visit the Spa. We'd like to take a trip to Spain.

HB: And now the most important question - what is your dream?

KR: My dream ... Yes, I even don `t know .. I like to work, I have a couple more ideas and stories for films. Probably my dream - the ability to maintain a state of continuous work, share stories with the audience.

HB: Will you continue to stage director?

KR: I hope I do it brings pleasure.

Anakin McFly
2013-06-13 09:23

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Did someone type out the Chinese text, or is it available online? How did they get the Google translation? If there's a text version, I can try translating. The files you sent me are just the images. :(
ARYA
2013-06-14 23:48

It's a text version in russian, Anakin. Over at the Russian Club. Can you see this? Not sure if you need to register.

http://vk.com/wall-1025164?w=page-1025164_44573148

http://vk.com/wall-1025164?w=page-1025164_44573148

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.