WINM Forums :: Introductions :: I inevitably had to join...

1 [2]

I inevitably had to join...
SaneSun
2013-07-28 22:06

Forum Posts: 202
Comments: 28
Reviews: 0
In my experience it is THIS community (winm) that is so chilled out. I have no idea why that is, but it was specifically the reason why I joined this forum and not any of the others. One can say something, positive or negative, about Keanu and than a decent and mature discussion will follow. I love it.

Welcome anyway.

SaneSun
2013-07-28 22:07

Of topic: Ani, I like the new header picture. It's awsome when he smiles!
Anakin McFly
2013-07-29 03:28

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1

Anakin if you're out there - thank you so much for that post you made on tumblr just now. I think you tracked down the original post I was participating in and spewing all over, 'cause I was so mad haha!

You're welcome. XD

@SaneSun Thanks!
and yeah, this is one of the more chill fan communities out there. You guys are awesome. :D
I think it's mostly because the first members were those of us who were already friends from the Keanu IMDb boards, and this was where we went to get away from the negativity that occurs all over those IMDb boards. So we started with people who were already friends with each other, and built on from there, rather than creating a new community from scratch. I wouldn't say that Keanu fandom itself is free from negativity, because that's far from the case. >_>

Freya
2013-07-29 03:40

Forum Posts: 777
Comments: 3
Hi, lovewillneverdo :)

Recently I was not very often here so now I'm reading the old posts.

Anakin McFly
2013-07-29 03:47

ADMIN

Huh, I just found out that one of the main 47 Ronin actor is half-white half-Japanese; this guy:

http://travel.cnn.com/tokyo/life/how-tadanobu-asano-plans-to-crack-hollywood-497369

He's playing Lord Kira in the film. He looks a lot more Japanese than white, though, and I wouldn't have thought he was mixed if I wasn't told. Though he also has a vague Keanu-look about him, like in here: http://asianwiki.com/images/thumb/d/dc/Tadanobu_Asano.jpg/330px-Tadanobu_Asano.jpg
and
http://www.berlinale.de/media/60_jubilaeum_1/starportraits/2008_4/2008-0071TadanobuAsano_IMG_x900.jpg

...actually he kind of looks like Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

LucaM
2013-07-29 04:20

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
oh... how did I overlook that?
*small, evil grin*
oooookaaaaaay... ;)
Anakin McFly
2013-07-29 04:21

ADMIN

:|
LucaM
2013-07-29 04:28

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
I'll use that at the proper moment somewhere, either at IMDb or reddit.

... someone at reddit asked me when was I informed that Keanu is not white. INFORMED? Sheesh. Aside from the fact that it's obvious, my dear reddit... unlike the interns I had to shepherd for the previous two weeks, I still master the lost art of searching up information on the internet. No-one had to 'inform' me of anything... geez.

but I will gladly INFORM some people of certain details they seemed to miss/overlook/sweep under the carpet...

(yes, Donaka is a bad influence ;) :D )

bluecandlelight
2013-07-29 04:35

Forum Posts: 93
Comments: 7
@ Sanesun, this place is probably more chilled out because Keanu himself is probably really chill :)

so if he is chill, we're all chill

Joke
2013-07-29 04:53

Forum Posts: 380
Comments: 1
I first saw Tadanobu Asano in Cha no aji aka The Taste of Tea (2004) and I really liked him in that.

Movie is recommended if you like quirky characters.

anita7722013-07-29 10:29

Forum Posts: 143
Comments: 6
Sanesun, I agree, that photo of K rocks. Sadly, I know it was from the Dogstar days.... I know too much....
Anakin McFly
2013-07-29 11:18

ADMIN

Apparently Keanu didn't know his photo was being taken then. Someone once gave it to him to sign, and he gave her an odd look and asked where she'd gotten it.
ARYA
2013-07-29 12:15

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
Did anyone bring up the "I'm a beorgious white boy" quote. Ya gotta give it up.

He will not be defined.

Anakin McFly
2013-07-29 12:50

ADMIN

So far, not yet, which says something about their lack of research. But they generally seem interested in defining Keanu as they see fit regardless of how he defines himself and/or how other people define him, so.
lovewillneverdo
2013-07-29 17:34

Forum Posts: 28
Comments: 0
Man, my thread has gotten all busy while I've been at work, haha!

Thanks to everyone for the super warm welcome. And I agree, this fan community is laid back perhaps because Mr Reeves himself is incredibly laid back in his approach to things. I actually lurked on a few other forums before deciding to join this one, because it seemed the most friendly and....not scary! So I want to say thank you to everyone here for creating such a nice atmosphere. It's really appreciated for a total newbie like me!

Still crap going on in the Keanu tag on tumblr. Anakin, I bet you're shaking your head at me and thinking, "ah, you have much to learn young grasshopper". I'm so damn mad...coming from the MJ fandom where there are a lot of white fans (and I'm not trying to separate myself as I am very much white) who gravitate towards his post-vitiligo self, I'm becoming keenly of how race can really screw people over. Anakin, if there's ever a time that I'm over-stepping any boundaries or saying anything stupid, please don't hesitate to tell me!

Anakin McFly
2013-07-29 22:17

ADMIN

Still crap going on in the Keanu tag on tumblr.

shunnnnnn.

It's Tumblr. There is crap going on in just about any fandom tag there is (and many other tags), other than for Michael J. Fox because he's awesome that way. like that's probably the only fandom I've been in where there isn't crap going on in the Tumblr tag. >_>

Anakin, if there's ever a time that I'm over-stepping any boundaries or saying anything stupid, please don't hesitate to tell me!

Sure! :)
SaneSun
2013-07-30 04:37

He's playing Lord Kira in the film. He looks a lot more Japanese than white, though, and I wouldn't have thought he was mixed if I wasn't told. Though he also has a vague Keanu-look about him, like in here: http://asianwiki.com/images/thumb/d/dc/Tadanobu_Asano.jpg/330px-Tadanobu_Asano.jpg

That picture looks exactly like this one from KR from the Vogue Homme shoot! Even the shrubs on the right are the same!

http://www.whoaisnotme.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=79&pid=1206#top_display_media

1 [2]

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.