WINM Forums :: Fan Creations :: Illustrations!

Illustrations!
lovewillneverdo
2013-07-26 20:11

Forum Posts: 28
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
Hey guys,

I thought I'd post up a few Keanu-related things I've been doing recently...I work as a freelance illustrator, and I of combine pop culture and my own experiences into my works, plus a bit of my own fantasies thrown in for good measure.

To start with, a thing I had to do because I was supremely annoyed at people today:

A bit of Teenage Dream/Flying inspired, which I have to admit has become one of my favourite movies!:

In preparation for all this Bill and Ted 3 talk, a sort of my own hoping for what could be in the next film. I'm not entirely sure when people in Bill and Ted's Utopian future started wearing robes, but I just have this vision of them sitting in the original place of the Three Most Important People, presiding over the world they've created. Or at least a younger Bill and Ted meeting this prestigious version of their older selves:

And some classic Bill and Ted:

ARYA
2013-07-26 22:29

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
Very nice work and thank you for sharing! I feel ya about the annoyance. Not everyone is fortunate enough to understand about the magic of Mr. Reeves. We have to make allowances for the less enlightened...and become more Keanulike.

this is a wonderful quote that LucaM sent me recently

"Reeves doesn't sound stupid -- far from it. He just doesn't sound human, either. Rather, he sounds like he has a deep affection for humans and has made a purely anthropological effort to integrate himself into their charming little society."

- Scott Brown (journalist), "The Man Who Would Be Keanu" - Entertainment Weekly (US) - 7th Nov 2003

lovewillneverdo
2013-07-26 22:51

Very much agreed! I think people like to cast him off because he doesn't react and interact like other actors in both his movies and interviews. He doesn't play the game, but that's what I find so fascinating. The guy is definitely on an entirely different plane of thought!
Anakin McFly
2013-07-27 00:47

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
omg these are fantastic! I love them, and I love your style. :D

Minor fact correction: he's half (white) British, and the other half is a mix of Hawaiian, Chinese, Irish, Portuguese, and general Polynesian. I'm not sure what the actual percentages are, but his father doesn't look at all white.

Also, reactions to his Hamlet were mixed, though the one reviewer who saw a second performance said that he had visibly improved, while most major reviewers saw only the opening performance, in which Keanu apparently had stage fright and wasn't at his best.

lovewillneverdo
2013-07-27 06:48

Ah, I should've double checked on some of those! I did it in a fit of rage at people on tumblr, haha! Thank you Anakin for clearing that up, though. I would've loved to see him as Hamlet; I saw a great production when I was back in high school and it actually made me appreciate the play, because the actor was so good. I'm a Shakespeare fan for sure, but you know how some actors just make you love a play even more?

Or how your own performance can make you hate a play...ha! I played Miranda in the Tempest when I was 15, and my God I was awful. I haven't been able to take the play seriously since!

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.