WINM Forums :: Everything Else KCR :: news from CLUBREEVES AKA CLUB KEANU

news from CLUBREEVES AKA CLUB KEANU
ARYA
2013-12-06 10:10

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
As of mid Januray, Club Keanu will no longer exist as it is. Several times in the past I have attempted to give up CK but for various reasons, mostly fans, I have chosen to stick around. But at this point I think we can all agree, it's time to say farewell. Ten years is a long time to host a fansite, and rebulid it a few times. It will be hard to give up because I have taken great pride and put much effort in it. I just don't have the desire to follow Keanu's career so closely anymore, due to my desire to spend more time in the real world with my family and friends. I will always be a fan, and will check the other sites from time to time to see what he's up to, but honestly, there are more important things in my life that I just can't devote much time to a site.

For a while, the only thing that will remain is the gallery. CK will be a HQ gallery with membership limited to those who donate on a regular basis.

The reason being, I still have good access and sources to get most if not all the new photos that will come out, and I don't mind sharing them. However this will continue to cost me, so those who donate will have acess. Not sure how long the gallery will stay online, time will tell and so will donors. In a couple of weeks, I will post a page that will explain how the donors should go about joining the gallery. I will need a fresh list to start with of those who want to participate.

My recommendations for the best fansites out there would be our friends Keanurussianclub, Nina and keanumania. You will get all the news fast as well as photos from the internet. Most all news and videos lately have been shared via these great gals, and I appreciate all their help in posting it at CK forum. With these great sites out there, CK really doesn't do much of a service to the fans when it comes to getting news fast. So it won't be missed.

I hope everyone has a great Christmas and a Happy new year to come. It's been lots of fun!!!

LucaM
2013-12-06 22:16

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
again ? ;)
ARYA
2013-12-08 02:32

@LucaM lol.
Lelou
2013-12-17 23:16

Forum Posts: 40
Comments: 2
Reviews: 0
Well, as it seems Chicks didn't wait until mid of January as all the sites are down, gallery, forum and the homepage.

It's a sad day. And I will miss ClubKeanu enormously. Bye-bye to a wonderful decade.

ARYA
2013-12-18 04:31

I was hoping to see that "ronin tanks" homepage was down... but its still up when I tried it today. Some of the site is offline but not enough.
Sephonae
2014-01-13 02:14

Forum Posts: 160
Comments: 3
Hadn't been to CK in a bit and was surprised when I attempted to log in but couldn't. Le sadness. :-(

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
http://www.minalobo.com
https://www.facebook.com/GothMomLite
https://twitter.com/GothMomLite
http://gothmomlite.tumblr.com/

Dz0
2014-01-13 15:27

Forum Posts: 52
Comments: 2
I just wish that there was some way that I could keep it up and running some how! I never got the chance to check it out. I wish that I had enough money to help you keep it up and running. Maybe you can put the picture gallery on here if the admin approves of it. I wish that there is something I could have done. I wish that there was a way for me to create another gallery for all the wonderful pics. Let me see how much I'll get back from my income taxes and see how I can set up another pro Photobucket account and see if we can save the gallery that way, if this will be approved! Let me know! This might be an interesting hobby for me to sink my teeth into!
LucaM
2014-01-13 16:26

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
@Dz0 - ARYA just copy/pasted here the announcement from CK. If you think about taking over the gallery, you should write to Jean at CK...

As for hosting the CK gallery at WINM... that's not advisable for several of reasons, most important of which would be hosting space and copyrights - for a part of the photos, at least. WINM does have a certain online visibility ;)

ARYA
2014-01-13 23:43

@Dzo, Jean is still hosting the gallery. It's a kind of pay per view deal. But it would not hurt to email her if you have the interest.
Anakin McFly
2014-01-14 00:43

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1

most important of which would be hosting space and copyrights

Nah, hosting space is no issue at all. WINM currently takes up only a fifth of the available hosting space, and that's with a bunch of my personal sites sharing the space, so we're definitely good to go there.

Are any of you in touch with Keanu-Reeves.net? I'd really like to be able to save that gallery. :/ I'm currently relying on the one at VK, which is great for photoshoots, but KR-net had a lot more movie screencaps and it makes me sad to think it might be lost forever. Same with KeanuConnection, for that matter.

ARYA
2014-01-14 01:59

@ LucaM, I just realized that my original post might be misunderstood as me saying those things and not the host of CK. Sorry for any confusion.
MmeRenard
2014-01-15 02:21

Forum Posts: 1101
Comments: 48
The gallery is amazing and I hope it can find a home. Would contributions help? I'm in!

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.