WINM Forums :: Introductions :: Greetings amigos!

Greetings amigos!
Bo G2014-01-03 17:04

Forum Posts: 7
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
Hi all, I'm Bo an artist/researcher who's unexpectedly gotten way entangled in the world of Keanu's films. - years ago I stumbled upon what I believe to be a series of encoded messages within Keanu's biggest films - like Speed, River's Edge, Bill and Ted I & II, etc.. After several years of research, writing and illustration I've but together an in-depth book and website about these discoveries. I do enjoy almost all of Keanu's films for their own sake I just go far in some admittedly quite nerdy directions dealing with a variety of those films' cinematic subtext.
If you want to check out any of what I've been working on you can look at the (largely in-development) website Neo-duddhism.org or the currently (1/2/2014) kickstarter (w/ a video too!)to get the book funded at
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1961746796/the-keanu-code

I plan to share some of the images and the ideas that I'm working on elsewhere on these forums eventually. There's sure impressive resources here already too! Thanks for what you've all created. Party on!

ARYA
2014-01-03 18:51

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
Wishing you good luck with your art project. You lost me with the silly voice. Sorry.
Bo G2014-01-05 08:20

Thanks Aria. So it sounds like you watched the video - at least part of it. Did you mean I lost you with the silly voice in a good way or bad way?
It looks like you are quite a dedicated Keanu fan. What did you think of Life Underwater? It seems like it's an especially little-known film. I still haven't found a copy of Me and Will or seen Providence or the Bronson film and I'd never even heard of Echo before - that was pretty weird and cool - thanks for making me aware of it.
Lelou
2014-01-06 03:03

Forum Posts: 40
Comments: 2
Hi, Bo. I'm with Arya on this one, why did you try do "impersonate" Keanu's surfer dude Ted voice??? Narrating this trailer that way doesn't add to your intention to make an interesting book about the mystism in Keanu's work au contraire it makes it sound like doing a spoof and I think judging from your dedicated art work that it is not what you are going for.

I wish you all the best with your work. As someone who were once interested in all the contexts and mystic systems you seem to use I absolutely understand the fascination with Keanu, his work and esoteric teachings. Nowadays I do not live in that scenery anymore.

Bo G2014-01-06 03:46

Thanks for the feedback Lelou. I was trying to make a kind of 'bridge' to general audiences through the voice and the lighter-hearted vibe I was going for. I am of course very serious about the subject matter,but as you probably already realize it can be tough to get people to notice the links between pop culture and the deeper traditions of world mysticism. So I'm hoping that a bit of humor can help open the door for general audiences. I still debate within myself whether or not it was the right approach or whether I should have just been in a suit using a more solemn voice. Thank you very much again for your feedback and insights.

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.