WINM Forums :: The Films of Keanu Reeves :: You have a burning platonic love for Keanu and no hope of telling him. What do you do?

1 2 [3]

You have a burning platonic love for Keanu and no hope of telling him. What do you do?
allhailkingjack
2014-07-15 05:57

Forum Posts: 246
Comments: 14
Reviews: 0
Thanks, LucaM. I've added it to my Amazon wish list. I might just need to sign up for the free Prime trial so I can watch all the VOD Keanu stuff they have. :)

I was thinking too that maybe I should amend some of my earlier statements about Generation Um. I've been reading a ton of stuff about the film, which probably informed my interpretation of that line of dialogue without my realizing it. He's been slowly blowing me away there too, in the clips I've seen.

So I will just say watch anything and everything of his you can get your hands on. You will be amazed.

I believe you. :) Just one small example - In the HC trailer & clips I saw, Henry didn't catch my attention originally. But since studying Keanu's other roles I've seen how wrong the critics can be, so I kept watching. The more I watch, the more layers I see in Henry and the more fascinated I am by him and by Keanu's portrayal of him - and I'm now dying to see that film.

His work is like a damn virus for me at this point. One small exposure is all it takes:

1. "Meh."
2. "Huh, that was an interesting facial expression."
3. "I really like his use of gestures in this scene."
4. "OMG, the depths of emotion in his eyes."
5. "Holy shit he just told me five things at once and none of them were spoken aloud."
6. "YOU MAGNIFICENT GENIUS YOU WIN ALL THE AWARDS FOREVER"

And so it goes. :)

LucaM
2014-07-15 06:04

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13

Just one small example - In the HC trailer & clips I saw, Henry didn't catch my attention originally. But since studying Keanu's other roles I've seen how wrong the critics can be, so I kept watching. The more I watch, the more layers I see in Henry and the more fascinated I am by him and by Keanu's portrayal of him - and I'm now dying to see that film.

... and so it goes.

and yeah, the 6 points above :D

I must warn you, though : this.is.addictive. and at some point... there is no turning back ;)

allhailkingjack
2014-07-15 06:25

there is no turning back

I see him...would to God he sees me. But I will content myself with the one-way mirror. I'm with my Constantine until the end.

Hey Anakin, while you're working on the PM thing can ya please add a "like" or "reputation" feature? It's a crying shame that a post like Luca's with Constantine quotes can't get all the love it deserves. :)

Anakin McFly
2014-07-15 09:47

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
:D
I've thought of a 'like' feature in the past, but decided against it; it'll be pretty complicated to code, and the site currently isn't big enough for it to be much use. It might also make people pay more attention to ratings than content and what they themselves think of a post. So, just give the love in text. It probably means more that way, too. :)
allhailkingjack
2014-07-15 18:55

So, just give the love in text.

You got it, boss.

LucaM, this may sound silly but your Constantine references made my day. So thanks.

Anakin, thank you for all the work you do here, for providing such incredible resources and for giving me a much-needed outlet to express all the beauty and meaning I see in this man's art. Your obsession made mine possible. :)

LucaM
2014-07-16 01:39

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
allhailkingjack - you're welcome :)

The best part about quoting that movie is making kindred spirits smirk when they read the references. ;)

Anakin McFly
2014-07-16 09:13

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
You're welcome! :D
nunu52
2014-07-19 08:52

Forum Posts: 39
Comments: 0
................................................................................................
I've read through a fair amount of the Knock Knock thread and have been attempting to sort out my thinking. It looks to be no more my cup of tea than Generation Um. But I'll probably see it because of him, because I'm so curious to see what he'll bring to a character like that. Do I wish he would only tell stories I like? Yes, but it's his career, not mine. And I want above all for him to keep working so I can keep rediscovering him, as seems to happen with every role of his that I see.
.............................................................................................

Excellent!! Couldn't have put it better myself!

allhailkingjack
2014-07-19 11:07

Thanks! Am debating whether to answer you with a haiku in the other thread. ;)

1 2 [3]

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.