WINM Forums :: Introductions :: Excited to join the family!

Excited to join the family!
neaura
2014-08-26 11:12

Forum Posts: 247
Comments: 8
Reviews: 0
Hi everybody!
First of all, kudos to the entire team for creating and maintaining such an incredibly detailed and amazingly exhaustive library and archive!!
I was hovering around for a really long time and decided it was about time i became a part of this beautiful family.i have never ever been a part of any fansite and i have a pathetic online presence but what drew me in was the camaraderie, the sort of familial bond you guys share, the integrity and the genuine respect,admiration and love you have for not just the star but the heart beating behind the cloak.thanks for showing me that integrity does exist online!
My lovely journey started a year or so before The Matrix, it did begin with the cliched Speed :-), we were kids, cousin and i, but I should be thanking my cousin, she made me watch the movie when i was intent on star gazing. She made a deal, if i didn't like what i saw in the first 20 min, i could go back and gaze at my stars. Well, am here so no points for guessing what happened! I have been through countless healthscares, still am struggling but the one person that always brought a smile on my face was KR. My best friend calls me that :-) though that's sort of my initials too. Every time i was down in the dumps, out of nothing but pure random coincidence, i used to see him. Pictures in the newspaper, clips on tv, etc. No matter what pain i was in i used to smile. My mom calls it the K special :-), that's when Matrix happened. I was pretty much the only one in school or among everyone i met to have understood, though interpretations do differ. I just couldn't believe what a beautiful epic i had just witnessed. I just wanted to climb to the tallest tower and shout out to my city, can't you see the genius of it all? The subtle differences in colours? The importance of every single object? The thought behind every name and character? The amazing thread that connects the end with the beginning?the incredibly beautiful message behind the sci-.fi facade which when imbibed by all will make this planet that much of a better place to live in? the incredible work our man had put into it? How he owned the role? No one did.
Then there were those K bashing, i did not take the xena route, kudos to you guys for that too. I just felt i belonged in Titan or Europa. I did witness some great online support and that made me realise that there are those of us who can perceive the diamond when all others see is coal.
There are many in the industry who can inspire others through the characters they play but not many can inspire by fashioning a life out of their existence. He does and i am perenially inspired. Everyday i tell myself that it will be better than yesterday. So, thanks to him and you all for that! I hope he gets to do what he loves all his life, i hope he is always loved and cared for, i hope he finds the answers he seeks and so do you all.
I have only been able to watch 33 of his works thus far but i will improve my count soon :-). My fav are The Matrix, Under the influence, MOPI, River's edge, A Scanner Darkly,Hardball, Constantine, ah well, endless list i suppose :-)
P.s. In my native tongue, Tamil(am from India), Anu translates to atom, something which is present in everything, so phobe or phile, fish or whale, atom is omnipresent :-)
Thanks for your time, know it's a long message and am not as articulate as Anakin or Luka or Arya or others in transforming my thoughts to words! I will , as much as my health allows, be an active part of this great family and i certainly promise to be excellent to others :-)
PPS. Managed to login Anakin, Thanks! Not able to upload a profile pic though. Followed the pixel req as well, will try again in sometime :)
Love

Anakin McFly
2014-08-26 11:43

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
I love this. :D

Thank you for sharing, and for joining us! and pft, you're extremely articulate.

What was the file type of the pic you tried to upload? (jpg, png, gif)? I recently fiddled with that thing, so if there's still trouble let me know and I'll try and see what went wrong.

neaura
2014-08-26 11:45

Hey!
It was jpg file, Tried making it even smaller, just in case, didn't work. I am not able to make any updates to my profile either, as in movies of KR i've watched and such. Could change pwd tho.
Anakin McFly
2014-08-26 12:05

ADMIN

Thanks for letting me know! I've fixed the movies thing. :) Will figure out the rest after lunch.
Anakin McFly
2014-08-26 12:59

ADMIN

For the avatar - apparently when you tried uploading it gave an error of 'Filename cannot be empty'; does the pic you were uploading have a file name?
neaura
2014-08-26 13:40

The movies watched part works now, avatar still isn't, yes it did have a file name. I tried changing the file name now, just for the sake of it :), doesn't seem to work... It was a photograph though of something i drew, not something i picked online, will that be an issue?
Anakin McFly
2014-08-26 14:05

ADMIN

Nah, that shouldn't be an issue. I changed something - see if it works? (you just need to try once.) If not I'll change another thing. :)
neaura
2014-08-26 18:31

Arggh :( still not working, says access denied
Spirit
2014-08-26 20:06

Forum Posts: 155
Comments: 0
Welcome neaura!! I'm still new here, but after reading your greeting, I had to welcome you. It was really nice to hear about how much K has inadvertently touched your life, and I hope everything gets better for you! :)

(And not the thread for it, but I haven't been able to add a pic either Anakin, but I'm not the best with technology either...)

neaura
2014-08-27 20:43

Hey thanks Spirit_Haze!!!! Am truly excited to be a part of this especially cause WINM totally managed to change my perception of the online fan community. Keeping tabs on and partaking in this journey is something i would like to do a for long long time :)
Spirit
2014-08-28 00:49

I too intend on lurking for quite a while. :D (and I have to say, the "long long time" part immediately made me think of the Trainman from Matrix Revolutions)
Bliss
2014-08-28 08:53

Forum Posts: 146
Comments: 7
Welcome, Neaura!
neaura
2014-08-28 15:05

Hey thanks Bliss!!!

Anakin: I managed to add the avatar,need a clarification though, Am I allowed to add any info on the keanuspawn section, the characters - details and such??

neaura
2014-08-28 15:06

PS: That avatar was sort of matrix inspired ;) i drew it while telling myself :Free your mind :D
Anakin McFly
2014-08-28 17:11

ADMIN

yay. :D

Regarding the Keanuspawn section - not yet. I've been meaning to update that for ages (a few years, now), and I've thought of creating a kind of wiki thing where members can add on to the info.

axie
2014-09-08 00:55

Forum Posts: 345
Comments: 10
Welcome aboard, sorry for such a late reply. Enjoy your posts.

Ps: THIS:

Anu translates to atom, something which is present in everything, so phobe or phile, fish or whale, atom is omnipresent

Just perfect.
Spirit
2014-09-08 02:57

Axie - indeed it is, indeed it is.
neaura
2014-09-08 13:13

@axie - Thanks a lot! I value this association a lot and I hope for it to be as inspirational and educational as the man himself!
@Spirit_Haze - :D :D , thinking about that always makes me smile, that is why I chose to share it with you all!

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.