WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: BBC Sherlock

BBC Sherlock
Spirit
2015-01-07 09:11:52

Forum Posts: 155
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
Anyone else watch BBC's Sherlock and up to conversing about it? Filling in blanks from when I fell asleep attempting to marathon the entire thing over night with a friend? Haven't seen series one, but eager to.
Anakin McFly
2015-01-07 09:14:04

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
It's good, watch it.
Spirit
2015-01-07 09:27:30

I'm trying my best to do so. By the time I had actually gotten to my friends it was the middle of the night, and she was in the middle of The Reichenbach Fall, from which we went on to the third series, then back tracked to the second - all the time with me dozing off occasionally after being up most of the night before. We gave in at around 6 in the morning, leaving me still needing to see series one. Never before have I wished to have Netflix.

The most I've managed to gather about series one is the explosion at the pool with Moriarty (maybe I phrased that a little too much like a game of clue...) at the end of The Great Game.

LucaM
2015-01-07 23:51:18

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
I liked series one and two. A lot.
but the third one felt too much like fanfiction, not a 'real' script :|
and the whole Mary thing... meh.

oh well.
curious to see where it goes.

Spirit
2015-01-21 04:25:03

Finally seen Series one thanks to a friend who lent me her discs. Probably a mistake to read fanfic surrounding TGG before actually seeing it, as it made the ending kinda disappointing. But I guess having already seen Series two and three contributed to that as well. Can't wait for Four though.
Spirit
2015-04-21 05:29:09

Okay, now that I've actually seen the episodes, multiple times, and OWN them.... Holy crap. So much fanfic has been read, all innocence lost O.O not only do I ship like everything, but I'm currently residing quite happily in a little place called Johnlock Hell. Reichenbach is my favorite episode. Moriarty is the best, and Magnussen's the worst. I alternate between Mary being my favorite and least favorite character. This show is simultaneously the best and worst thing to happen to me this year.

So to sum up....

FEELS

Anakin McFly
2015-04-21 09:20:46

ADMIN

I'm glad you liked it!

So much fanfic has been read, all innocence lost O.O

...oh no.

On the bright side, that probably means you're old enough to finish off the Kenselton saga. ;)

But seriously - there are a lot of dark things (and sick people) that lurk in big, active fandoms like that one. Tread carefully. Stay safe.

Spirit
2015-04-22 00:39:32

Indeed! I'll most likely read it soon, take a bit of a break from the never ending Sherlock archive on ff.n. I've been lucky so far not to come across any of the less pleasant people occupying the darker corners of the fandom, but I'm sure I will at some point.
anita7722015-04-22 16:05:19

Forum Posts: 143
Comments: 6
Be really careful about the Cumberbatch fandom. There are some totally sick people there.

What is the Kenselton Saga?

Anakin McFly
2015-04-22 21:00:07

ADMIN

It's a fan fiction series I wrote, for which I got minor fame in the fandoms involved. :D The second one involves various Keanu characters having to deal with each other and their issues.

http://www.whoaisnotme.net/anakinmcfly/kenlist.htm

silver
2015-04-29 12:29:57

Forum Posts: 82
Comments: 4
Reviews: 21
I recently became a fan of the show. I was determined to not become a fan, because in my mind no one will be better than Jeremy Brett. I was waiting for Doctor Who to come on, because it was the new series with Peter Capaldi, and so I tuned in early not to miss it. There was about 15mins left in the episode where Sherlock and Watson become Flatmates. I said "eh I guess I can sit through just 15mins of this," oh let me tell you I was wrong. As soon as I saw the two, the look, and the setting, I was like "perfect". This is, imo, a really good mondernization of the Sherlock Holmes character. It just clicks. I'm sure Benedict Cumberbatch would not be upset if I told him that I still prefer Jeremy Brett over him, he would laugh a little I'd bet.

I am now a fan of Benedict Cumberbatch, and Martin Freeman. I wrote some fanfic at some point in time, but didn't finish it. It was more like an episode than what one might think of, when one thinks of "fanfic" anyway. *shrugs*

Jeremy Brett, Peter Wingfield, Benedict Cumberbatch, Nick Rowe, and RDJ. Are my fave Sherlock Holmes...er... Holmeses? Holmesi?...Holmesii...yeah Holmesii.

Spirit
2015-05-01 07:19:08

I had a similar beginning Silver. It's funny just how quickly the fandom sucks you in xD gotta love A Study in Pink though, it's the episode my tumblr url is derived from.

you should finish your fanfic though! Even if it's incomplete I'd still be interested in reading it (I'm in too deep.... O.O)

And excellent selection of Holmesii ;-)

Freya
2015-05-01 17:53:29

Forum Posts: 777
Comments: 3
Somehow I missed Sherlock although I watched the criminal series once upon a time.
Spirit
2015-05-01 18:54:49

See I missed once upon a time but caught Sherlock xD is OUaT good?

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.