WINM Forums :: The Films of Keanu Reeves :: The Last Time I Committed Suicide

The Last Time I Committed Suicide
inkhuldra
2009-11-02 18:41

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Reviews: 0
LOL! I remember the original (?) cover for this movie. It looked like this:

The DVD they're selling at Amazon these days, however, has a "slightly" different cover:

Funny how Our Man, despite being constantly knocked and criticized for being such a "bad" actor, still is the one who gets the prime placement on the cover in order to better sell a movie, even if his role in it is fairly small.

Actually, is that picture at all from the movie?

LucaM
2009-11-02 19:22

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
K's picture ?
Not at all.

I guess it's taken from some press conference, and it looks rather 1999-2000.

and you're right about the marketing stuff. :(

Anakin McFly
2009-11-02 19:30

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
ooh. Do you have a larger copy of the first poster? I don't have that one.

Funny how Our Man, despite being constantly knocked and criticized for being such a "bad" actor, still is the one who gets the prime placement on the cover in order to better sell a movie, even if his role in it is fairly small.

It's his box office draw; nothing to do with his acting at all. But that poster sucks. I hate it when they just stick random pictures of the actors there which aren't from the film. Just a pet peeve of mine...

They did that with most of the posters for Dream to Believe too: http://www.whoaisnotme.net/kmdb/kmdb.php?id=86dre

It's annoying. Especially how in the case of both films, Keanu was far from the lead actor and just played a supporting role; it's not fair to the other actors. For some of them this might be their only film, and they can't even get on the cover.

inkhuldra
2009-11-02 20:10

Here's a larger version of the original cover:

And here's another cover photo that I've never seen before:

And here's yet another -- I've seen this one before but didn't remember it until I just found it by googling the film title (URL edited because the first one was broken):

And this is apparently the cover of a CD with music from the movie:

Edit: Ooookaaaay! It seems that amazon.co.uk has the dvd with the original cover, another cover I haven't seen before (typically focused on Our Man), as well as the soundtrack and a couple of movie posters:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss_0_16?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=the+last+time+i+committed+suicide&x=0&y=0&sprefix=the+last+time+I+

Edit II -- another cover photo!

Anakin McFly
2009-11-02 20:25

ADMIN

The second one is up on WINM; the third is a broken link. :\\
inkhuldra
2009-11-02 20:51

Uhhhh.... Hmm.... Has anyone seen THIS one before??

With the help of Google Translate I learned that "le poison de mon âme réclame la mort" means something like "the poison from my soul seeks death".

LucaM
2009-11-02 21:50

I'd rather translate "reclame" with "demands" , but that's not important.

I'd also say that tagline creates the wrong image for the film.
there's suicide and then there's suicide ,but yet I wouldn't vote for that title. It brings to mind "Fight Club", and it's wrong, as the two films have nothing in common.

but Harry DID play an important part in the 'suicide', so the cover works, in a way...

still, it's not fair.

matrixnospoon032009-11-02 22:04

Forum Posts: 73
Comments: 21

It's annoying. Especially how in the case of both films, Keanu was far from the lead actor and just played a supporting role; it's not fair to the other actors. For some of them this might be their only film, and they can't even get on the cover.

Yeah, agreed. I hate that. (Also, I still haven't seen this movie... is it online anywhere, by chance?)

LucaM
2009-11-02 22:41

www.torrentz.com
Anakin McFly
2009-11-02 23:27

ADMIN

Thanks! Added the posters.

...I feel so sorry for Thomas Jane right now.

lady_majestik2010-01-27 05:11

Forum Posts: 31
Comments: 0
UGH, hated this movie with a passion, got half way through and couldn't watch any more. Oh well, I can't love EVERYTHING he does, can I? LOLOLOL
mermaid2011-07-30 10:48

Forum Posts: 6
Nothing personal against Thomas Jane but I thought he lacked the charisma to carry his- very iconic- character (major influence of Kerouac), especially since the back up cast is so strong: both Keanu and Adrien Brody OWN the screen in this. Keanu's long (drunk) bar scene trying to make Jane see he doesn't really want to give up the "wild stuff" is my favorite scene in the film. Keanu plays against type there (I think he put on a lot of weight for this part, he plays a loser who has a hard time getting girls interested in him) and he does it superbly. This scene should be required viewing for anyone criticizing his acting technique. If that one doesn't sway them, nothing ever will...
ARYA
2011-07-30 11:19

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
I read an article once where Keanu asks why they did not want Buschemi for the part of Harry as that would be more typical casting. But the director was wanting Keanu to do it and he was brilliant in the role. Really Keanu was perfect for all the 3 male leads. I also read that reeves was fairly pleased with his vomiting scene, even calling it the "best on celluloid" and he doesn't do all that much self congratulations so that's saying something.
mermaid2011-07-30 12:30

Forum Posts: 6
The "vomiting scene", exactly! That's the one I was referring to. I'm glad even Keanu is satisfied with that one (I know he's hard to please :o)
Trinity
2012-09-09 02:50

Forum Posts: 49
Comments: 1
I have just finished watching the film and I needed 4-5 times to sit down and watch further. Not my kind of movie, I found it quite boring. No, not quite boring, but VERY boring. Keanu was good, but couldn't save the film.

Somehow I can't relate with Neal Cassady's life and problems and I feel like I wouldn't like Kerouac's On the road either. Maybe I am getting too old? :-)

However there was something positive and somebody on IMDb.com wrote it so well:

In the meantime, one thing will certainly keep you awake throughout this dim, unbalanced, one-letter-long movie : cinematography. Superb ! One of the best I've ever seen ! Inventive, unpredictable.
ARYA
2012-09-09 12:21

There is lots thats positive about TLTICS. I adored the 'little lady lust dressed in black' speech the comes right after the vomiting scene. In truth I do view this one less than some of his others. Might have something to do with Keanu having more of a supporting role. I really wish someone would make a gif of his 3way kiss with Neals girlfriend. Not Cherry Mary, the other one. So freaking hot that he would kiss/nuzzle that girl on the cheek while she and Neal were having a PDA.
I also recall how much Keanu loved the dialogue in this script. I believe he said if he could he would always do these wordy kinds of projects. It's a wonderful part of his filmography and I cherish a lot of it.

ARYA
2012-09-09 12:24

http://youtu.be/ltzHUxaa8co

http://youtu.be/ltzHUxaa8co

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.