WINM Forums :: The Films of Keanu Reeves :: "Tell No One" - did anyone know?

"Tell No One" - did anyone know?
inkhuldra
2009-12-02 01:54

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Reviews: 0
I just found this review of a French movie called "Tell No One", which Keanu was apparently looking at. I seem to recall him going to France to talk to someone about maybe being cast in a French-language movie. Could this be it? From what I remember, he really wanted to be in the project but they needed someone who spoke French.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-tell2-2008jul02,0,2639849.story

Anakin McFly
2009-12-04 07:24

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
The film he wanted was about the poet Rimbauld.
Anakin McFly
2009-12-15 17:48

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Scratch that, it's not the Rimbaud thing. It's this; finally found it:

http://www.whoaisnotme.net/articles/1995_12xx_kea.htm

--You were, for a brief time, being under consideration for the part of Angelo in 'The Hussard on the Roof' of Jean-Paul Rappaneau. Why didn't that work out?
Keanu Reeves: I cried when I found out I couldn't do it! I love the novel, I love the character of Angelo, who is not unlike Paul Sutton in A Walk in the Clouds... Angelo, his fiery allure, his sense of honor, the care with which he carries his boots, his cigarettes... That sublime scene where he gets drunk with Pauline, where he desires her, but won't touch her because she is married. A perfect role, truly. I worked like a madman with my French tutor, I knew by heart the dialogues in the scenes which I was sent... (And he launches into a tirade, in French, on the scene of the meal)... But it wasn't to be and it was very sad...

-- Sad in what way?
Keanu Reeves: Because one fine day, I received a letter from the producer, Rene Cleitman which said: 'It is with regret that we must replace you.' I was ready to go to France and demand from Rappeneau: 'Why? Why? Why?' Not to be aggressive, but simply to know. Rappeanau is such a refined person, that he subjugated me by the quality of his spirit when we met and I had hoped, I had a tiny little hope, that we would be able to work together. While I very much wanted to play the part, and I was disappointed that it fell apart, I was so flattered that Jean-Paul Rappeneau even thought of me to play it and I was very honored to meet him.

lady_majestik2010-01-28 01:52

Forum Posts: 31
Comments: 0
{{{{{Paul Sutton}}}}} I'd love to see him play another Character like that.
ARYA
2010-04-18 08:44

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
I viewed Horseman on the Roof and it was not memorable for me. Somehow I think I would have enjoyed it with Reeves in it. He makes me believe in a story, no matter how unlikely it might be.
ShadowSpark
2010-04-18 18:33

Forum Posts: 541
Comments: 33

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.