WINM Forums :: The Films of Keanu Reeves :: Thumbsucker

[1] 2

Thumbsucker
lady_majestik2010-03-21 08:09

Forum Posts: 31
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
Okay, officiandos. Just how much air time does Keanu have in this movie?

I'm asking this question because Canadian digital cable has a new channel called IFC...that would be, "Indepentant Film Channel" and they had this movie on tonight and he hasn't got any kind of star power on it, it gives me some name of an actor I've never heard of and Tilda Swinton, that's it.

I just realized he's worked twice with this actress also, Thumbsucker and Constantine. Is there any new actress's in hollywood he's going to work with LOL>>>>

Anakin McFly
2010-03-21 22:48

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
He's in it enough; but that doesn't matter, because Thumbsucker is awesome and is worth a watch even if Keanu were not in it.

Also, the main protagonist occasionally looks creepily like a young Keanu. Does that count?

lady_majestik2010-03-23 00:23

Forum Posts: 31
Thanks for the heads up, Anakin. I noticed that he works with Tilda Swinton in this movie so chalk up another actress his worked with multiple times LOL.
LucaM
2011-04-17 01:31

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2011/04/15/1449040/big-awful-friday-thumbsucker-just.html

Giladora
2011-06-04 09:15

Forum Posts: 165
Comments: 22
from the Article :

indie movie motto: “Yes, We’ve Got Elliott Smith Songs

lol.. I'm not agree with the most part of the article, but this one is true tho..

I watched Thumbsucker three Nights ago ,and I loved it . mostly all performances was great . and Lou Pucci was awesome in it.

and Keanu : absolutely hilarious character , and he delivered it so well

Keanu in this movie is diffidently a doctor when a kid asks him about his Animal power (which is obviously a wolf ), would say : " it's personal " *LOL*..and that means he acted it very well .. :D .jk..but seriously he was very good

ARYA
2011-06-04 09:43

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
I was just looking at the TIFF press conf for thumbsucker today. Very cool movie.
@ Anakin, at the press conf it was totally weird becuz Lou Pucci and Keanu really looked alike with the long hair and scruffy facial hair. They totally looked like father and son.
ARYA
2011-07-13 23:53

http://youtu.be/8jOwmWJV0q8

http://youtu.be/8jOwmWJV0q8

Joke
2011-08-18 00:52

Forum Posts: 380
Comments: 1
Don't know if this has been posted before :

http://livrediva.blogspot.com/2011/08/brief-encounter-keanu-reeves-elbow-and.html

ARYA
2011-08-18 01:26

I don't think it's true. He would not run at the same time he was smoking and drinking. :)
inkhuldra
2011-08-18 01:41

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Interesting story, Joke. Having been an extra myself in Chain Reaction, and seeing Keanu around people, I find several things in this account unlikely to be accurate:

They don't want extras to stand out in crowd scenes, so I doubt the part about the Lolita heart-shaped sunglasses.

I believe the part about the cigarette, but not the beer. He's too professional about his job to drink beer on the job. And how do you pump your arms with a beer in your hand?

"I hope you're all having a thumb-sucking good time"?? Nope. I don't buy that quote. It's completely non-Keanu.

The runners didn't get paid? That part I definitely don't believe. I was in a crowd scene with something like 100 people, and it took us only a few hours total to do the scene. Everybody got paid. Even if Thumbsucker was low-budget they'd have paid the extras for such a lengthy job.

And finally, if you kneel down you can't jab someone in the boob.

So I'd say that "Livre Diva", who sounds like she was hating on Keanu from the get-go and generally diva'd herself through the whole thing, probably exaggerated and/or made up several parts of her account.

The Household Cat
2011-09-05 21:28

Forum Posts: 39
Lol, the power animal. That was hilarious. I loved all the trippy hippy stuff.

Sometimes it's easier to make up negative shit about a good film than actually focus on what was good about it. ^^

I also liked the film, even though Keanu wasn't in it for too long. I loved the main character and the plot. The soundtrack was brilliant. I think the only times I am exposed to Elliott Smith's music is through film.

I think it's very unlikely that the runners didn't get paid either. I think it's especially unlikely for low-budget productions. In general, I don't trust the bigger corporate films.

I don't think Keanu is the beer kind of guy, especially on the job.

And, inkhuldra, you were an extra on "Chain Reaction"? How awesome is that? ^^ Which part were you in?

LucaM
2011-12-16 07:25

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
another fish bites the dust ;)

http://brightwalldarkroom.tumblr.com/post/14269164331/keanu-reeves-week-thumbsucker-2005

ARYA
2011-12-16 12:55

Thanks for posting that one LucaM. Andrew Root is beginning to wake up. It's a beautiful thing.
inkhuldra
2011-12-16 14:53

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
I just realised that I haven't answered HouseholdCat's question, so here goes:

I was in a crowd scene towards the end of the movie, when the fusion machine goes out of control and everybody runs like mad out of the research complex. The scene lasted only a few seconds, and you can't really make out any individuals. If I remember correctly.

I had CR on videotape, but threw it out with my VHS player. Never got around to buying it on DVD. I guess I should get it again, along with Feeling Minnesota, which I actually like in some inexplicable way. Poor Jjaks, always being let down and taken advantage of, even by Freddie. I feel for the guy.

iamjacksrum
2011-12-17 01:17

Forum Posts: 53
Comments: 2
I actually just watched this movie last night. I do not believe that story the 'extra' wrote about the running scene. That scene was in the movie for a few seconds at best and what she was saying simply didn't match up with what I saw.

Anyway - good flick. I enjoyed it.

BlueGem
2011-12-17 09:33

Forum Posts: 184
Comments: 11
ink, I love FM. It just makes me laugh all the way through. Donofrio is such a physical actor; it's a delight to watch him twitch and squirm. I love the scene where he and Keanu throw rocks at each other across the road, and the whole scissors, paper, rock thing is great,too.

I'm about to sit down and watch Chain Reaction for the first time tonight. How did you get to be an extra? lucky you!

BlueGem
2011-12-17 09:38

LucaM, thanks for posting that review. Another KR film I have yet to see, and was waffling on. Will definitely add it to Netflix after reading that one.
ARYA
2012-04-05 10:28

I am not really sure how I could have missed this one, maybe I was neglecting my youtube surveillance...mea culpa. Thank goodness the Russian Club is on top of things!

http://youtu.be/Y3OKUAriyYY

http://youtu.be/Y3OKUAriyYY

Chiara
2012-04-05 21:13

Forum Posts: 215
Comments: 1
I watched that one,but it`s great to see it again.
Sometimes I think he`s having masticatory tics.That is one of those moments.
BlueGem
2012-04-06 12:15

OK, so Thumbsucker is awesome. I watched it while on holiday and loved Keanu as Perry. He's a trip!

[1] 2

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.