Reviews: 11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3p_G4NLmX0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3p_G4NLmX0

Donna_J
2010-11-23 05:52

Forum Posts: 264
Comments: 3
Reviews: 0
Thank you for this really wonderful video!beautiful story, beautiful couple and HE is irresistable as always!!!
nafsunaek
2010-11-23 08:05

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
Thanks! I'd never seen this interview - beautiful!
AdriannaM.
2010-11-24 03:41

Forum Posts: 424
Comments: 24
Reviews: 1
I don't know :(

You know how, sometimes you put too much sugar in your coffee and it comes out sickeningly sweet and you just want spit it up?

You know how, sometimes (extraordinarily rarely)a man can be so beautiful, intelligent and sweet that he seems almost a little too perfect? Like something has to be wrong with him, he just hasn't let you see it yet, and it seems deceptive? (this is why I'm actually very happy that Keanu's bottom teeth are a little crooked, and his eyes are a tiny bit close together and his neck is just a touch wide, it makes me feel so much better, I can't explain it)

You know how, sometimes you're in the company of an obnoxious new couple and they just want to dry hump and lick each others' uvulas all g-d damned day, and you feel sort of awkward? You feel a little turned on, but mostly saddened because all that passion, excitement and devotion is not really in YOUR reality, is it? And you feel it may never be again?

You know how a woman is theoretically pretty by your society's measurements and standards, but she's still repulsive to you? You know how sometimes actresses go a little overboard with the starvation and they look like mannequins in a store window? Like when a woman is thirty and she has the body of a twelve year-old and she looks all bony and uncomfortable? Like one of those bones is about to poke out through her skin if she moves the wrong way?

I don't know :( I don't think I'll ever watch that movie. Sorry, I really didn't mean to be so negative, but this brought me horribly down for some inexplicable reason. I hope there's someone who understands :(

Donna_J
2010-11-24 07:06

Forum Posts: 264
Comments: 3
Adrianna, you are lucky if you met such a person(perfect).I didn't and I think he(or she)would surely have wings.:D
Agree about actresses - it's a dangerous game with health and all for money.I always think about it when I look at Keira Knightley.But if one ( like you ,me and other millions of girls and women)can handle that the world knows nothing about them the other wants to be famous and uses for that what she has(her standart body)- because it's her choice.But that is all about standarts, once standarts change and they will try to look like Rubens's women.:)
nafsunaek
2010-11-24 07:09

I think I do understand what you mean. And I agree with you that part of Keanu's appeal is that he is not perfection incarnate. But I do like watching Sweet November now and then; it just depends on my mood. I like the way his character develops throughout the film - even if the film as a whole is a bit 'cloying' (don't know if that's the appropriate word)
Anyway, cheer up!
AdriannaM.
2010-11-25 06:15

Forum Posts: 424
Comments: 24
Reviews: 1
Thanks guys, I'll try to cheer up :/ Maybe I'm jealous of Charlize - I wish I could wear a blindfold as a bra too :p

Yes, I think 'cloying' is the perfect word :p

inkhuldra
2011-05-11 05:33

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
Found this blog review of Sweet November just now. Not very positive, but it sort of echoes my own opinion of the movie. I tried to like it -- even bought the DVD -- but I just struggle and always fail to like it.

Anyone ever see the original from 1968? I wonder if the Sara in that version was as bats*** crazy and annoying as the Sara in the remake.

http://www.tastemysad.com/2011/05/sweet-november.html

LucaM
2011-05-11 06:14

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
didn't see the original. wanted to, but couldn't find it anywhere :(

btw, I think I like this blog. ;) :D
thanks for posting the link.

I have a few problems myself with this film ; one of them is finding out that 'they' made Nelson cry artificial tears in that ending scene. and I fell for it, like the fool that I am :D
another would be that almost everything in said film is highly unbelievable - even as a bunch of metaphors.
BUT. as I keep on saying, ANY actor who could keep a straight face while delivering that insane advertising pitch is my hero for life ;) :D
and if there's one thing that I like about the plot, it's the way the whole 'thing' backfires on Sara.

ARYA
2011-05-11 06:46

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
nothing backfired LucaM. It all worked out just as it should.
seer
2011-05-11 14:07

Forum Posts: 330
Comments: 131
hmph.

Charlize and Keanu did as well as could be expected with the material I'm guessing. The Sara character's 'mission' makes for an interesting premise, on the surface, but is ultimately unfair and misguided to those she encounters. Sara's kind of predatory selfishness is not my cuppa :).

ARYA
2011-05-12 00:50

@seer, I doubt keanu would make the movie with that premise (sarah's predatory selfishness) but I guess we all have our own idea on that.
I suggest anyone feeling negatively about SN watch the extras and the interviews. He dug the script or he would not have done it. I read & heard him say in interviews he was annoyed to have lost some sweet scenes. But he liked the script well enough to sign on. And the speech he gives after singing that song...
"I surrender all attempts to control life, yours or mine. I live for one thing. To make you happy. To live firmly and joyously in the moment. November is all I know, and all I ever want to know." I heart it.

@LucaM, I only saw his eyes filling a bit & I can deal with it being a little saline drops. It was when he brought that scarf up to his face to smell it that I lost all reserve. Of course that was only the first dozen or so times I viewed it. Now I can look at it without turning into a weeping willow. :)

LucaM
2011-05-12 01:53

nothing backfired LucaM. It all worked out just as it should.

English=second language here, so I'll try to explain what I meant by 'backfired'.
The way I see it, Sara's plans when taking in the November resident did not include falling in love, accepting she has a serious problem, or reconciling with her family. But Nelson's change was so intense that it changed her in return. She found her match. And while we the audience probably saw it coming, the Sara character didn't.
... nevermind. two people will watch the same movie and yet see two different movies ;)

... by the time he brought that scarf up to his face to smell it I was already lost ;) :D

nafsunaek
2011-05-12 02:18

... by the time he brought that scarf up to his face to smell it I was already lost ;) :D

That ;)
ARYA
2011-05-12 03:44

OK LucaM. Make me feel bad about my only speaking the one language...JK. You do alright.

My meaning might be too vague. I meant that she acknowledged that he had allowed her to have the feeling of being in love. But would not bind him to a commitment of a sick wife.
Reminds me of the Bob Thurman quote
"Love is not possession of the beloved but wishing the happiness of the beloved."

Lets face it, an enlightened Nelson with the way he looks...is gonna be able to hook up with the life he deserves. Ya know? The line will be long. lol

LucaM
2011-05-12 04:01

make you feel bad? my apologies; that was never my intention. :)

wasn't talking about Sara's decision to leave, though. that's... sort of the final twist. while it teaches Nelson the final lesson, that of 'letting go', it also scars him for life. The line will be long, but he'll keep looking for Sara in each and every person in that line...
then again, who knows? Nelson is a survivor. ;)

Giladora
2011-05-12 04:12

Forum Posts: 165
Comments: 22
yeah I agree with Sara's character and yeah the movie fails for me as well ...
and I agree with "SEER" that Keanu and Charlize did what they could do with that material .

well when a movie remain on a surface of things , then the feelings of the audience would remain on the surface too .. they could simply LOVE a character or HATE a character ...
Sara is not a saint like 99% of us and selfish like 99% of us , but her selfishness goes on another level because of her situation and it has many psychological level behind it , that if the script would be written good ENOUGH ( I mean not even in a brilliant level ), the character would be more agreeable , and despite the fact the shes not doing the most right thing in the world , you could understand where shes coming from and nod .

i think "THE MASSAGE " of the movie , must've been something like " SEE THE LIFE AND LIVE IT TO THE FULLEST " , but i never get inspired by watching this movie :D

okay time to zip it :D

@ARYA : your insights are interesting . I'm just not sure if Nelson can handle the life perfectly after she's gone .

PS:" English is not my first language either , that's why I sometimes get confused what you folks are talking about :D

Giladora
2011-05-12 04:46

Forum Posts: 165
Comments: 22
PSS : again @ARYA :as I'm new here is really easy to be misunderstood and I understand that (I feel like I'm invading your nest sometimes ) I hope my insight doesn't make you feel , that I'm insulting Keanu's intelligence ,*God forbidden *:D or yours .
it's just my opinion , my mind works on a different level maybe that this script doesn't work that much for me , I may add this as well. that when i dislike a movie , i dun even bother to talk about its flaws :D but when it has a potential to be a better one and a good one on its own level , I start to whine :D

no actor always have a masterpiece as an script in his/her hand !!

BTW , i like Bob Thurman :D

ARYA
2011-05-12 09:43

I remember a time when I had "opinions" about what movies keanu should do and how he should look. Now I am just grateful to see what his movie/acting choices are and how he appears on any given moment in time. It makes the fandom infinitely more fun. Between he and I, he is the artist/talent and I live in awe of watching his work and joy at his storytelling. Whatever the usual demographic may be I trust his choices and it's opened my eyes.
Having said that, there are some of his movies that I view far less than others. That is just the nature of my life experience and I am sure all of our life experience. But I get to watching them all. And I talk smack about none of them. And yes, I do wish he'd do more nudity :)
2011-05-12 09:44
[ Post deleted by poster ]

[1] 2

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.