WINM Forums :: Introductions :: Nice meeting you all!

1 [2] 3

Nice meeting you all!
RICEIVORE
2012-02-15 12:35

Forum Posts: 30
Comments: 1
Reviews: 0
ROBIN, THIS IS MY JAPANESE FRIEND.

‚±‚ñ‚É‚¿‚́I
—F’B‚©‚çã’q‘²‚Ì•û‚ª‚¢‚é‚Æ•·‚¢‚Ä‚Ñ‚Á‚­‚肵‚Ü‚µ‚½I
Ž„‚͍¡ƒtƒBƒŠƒsƒ“‚̍‘ÛŠwZ‚ŕ׋­‚µ‚Ä‚¢‚鍂Z2”N¶‚Å‚·B
‚Ç‚¤‚µ‚Ä‚...ã’q‚É“ü‚肽‚¢‚Ì‚Å‚·‚ªAã’q‚Ì‹A‘˜g“üŽŽ‚ɂ‚¢‚Ă̏î•ñ‚ª‚ ‚Ü‚è–³‚­¢‚Á‚Ä‚¢‚Ü‚·B
‘¼‚É‚...FX‚Æ’m‚肽‚¢Ž–‚ª‚ ‚è‚Ü‚·B
‚²–À˜f‚Å‚È‚¯‚ê‚΂¢‚ë‚¢‚ë‚Æ•·‚©‚¹‚Ä’¸‚¯‚Ü‚¹‚ñ‚©H
’·X‚ÆŽ¸—炵‚Ü‚µ‚½w‚¿‚È‚Ý‚ÉŽ„‚...ƒLƒAƒkD‚«‚Å‚·(๑Œᴗ‵๑)

And, well, now that it's English typing, it's obviously me again. My friend told me to type for her but I said that there was no problem with typing directly. I feel kind of awesome for understanding some of the stuff up there. xD

The fact that you have a Matsuyama look-alike daughter sounds EPIC. Although, I wonder how she feels about it. :P Watch out, people might stop her from walking to get her autograph!

I haven't heard of Miura, but I know m-flo. :D They sound pretty good. I like SID and YUI and Flow and Maximum the Hormone and a lot of other bands and artists I can't really remember at the moment. wwwwwwww

And, holy crap, meeting up would be awesome! Robin-san can cook us delicious things like tonkatsu and curry and yakiniku and gyudon and ahsihsksgajshskdh OR I CAN COOK RICE FOR ALL OF YOU. Heh. Rice. I'd love to be friends with an obaa-san, though. Hehe! I think I'm going to Chiba... I'll take the train to Tokyo. xD

I wish I could meet Keanu, seriously. But I think I'd faint in his presence.

AND PSH BLUEGEM. I'm just, you, know spreading the love. And my Japanese is horrible anyway ahsjskskdhdk /flail No shame in being silly, either! I'm silly all the time!

Anakin McFly
2012-02-15 12:37

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
argh sorry, looks like you can't post Japanese text here. :\\
robin
2012-02-15 14:52

Forum Posts: 59
Comments: 0
@Spark(not Shadow, right?),

Oooh here it comes! I was looking foward to recieving this mysterious information packet:D
*opens and looks through it and finds out that it has a buch of pages with lots of difficult words in small letters*

Oh, hi, Spark, thank you for the packet!
By the way did you send the same thing to Riceivore as well?
Just thought I would remind you in case you might have forgotten.
Not that I'm planning to have her translate it into Japanese for me, no, nooo......

@Anakin, I was able to read what Riceivore's friend wrote in Japanese!
It depends on the computer?

Sorry for using the language others wouldn't understand- she's just asking me about the college I graduated, but I'm not sure if I can meet her expectations since it's been 20 years! Lots of things can change in 20 years, you know.

ƒ‰ƒi‚¿‚á‚ñ‚Ì‚¨—F’B‚±‚ñ‚É‚¿‚́I
FX‹³‚¦‚č·‚µã‚°‚½‚¢‚Ì‚Í‚â‚Ü‚â‚Ü‚È‚Ì‚Å‚·‚ªA‰½‚µ‚ë20”N‚...‘O‚̘bA
Ž„‚ª‚¢‚½‚Æ‚«‚Í”äŠr•¶‰»Šw•”(—Žsƒ–’JƒLƒƒƒ“ƒpƒXj‚Æ‚¢‚¤‚...‚Ì‚ª‚ ‚Á‚āA‚»‚¿‚ç‚̓AƒƒŠƒJ‚Ì‘åŠw‚Æ“¯‚¶“üŽŽ•û–@‚¾‚Á‚½‚Ì‚Å‚·B
¡‚Í‚»‚ꂪ‚È‚­‚È‚èAŽl’J‚É“ˆê‚³‚ꂽ‚Æ•·‚¢‚½‚Ì‚Å‚·‚ªA‚Ç‚¤‚È‚Ì‚Å‚µ‚傤H
¡‚Å‚...SATƒXƒRƒA‚Æ‚©’ño‚·‚é‚Ì‚©‚ȁH
‚¨Žè“`‚¢‚Å‚«‚邱‚Æ‚ª‚ ‚ê‚΂Ȃñ‚Å‚...‚µ‚Ü‚·‚æ"“¯‚¶ƒLƒAƒkƒtƒ@ƒ“‚Å‚·‚...‚́"
‚...‚µŽÌ‚ăAƒhƒŒƒX‚Æ‚©‚ ‚ê‚΋³‚¦‚Ä‚­‚¾‚³‚¢‚ȁiŽ„‚»‚¤‚¢‚¤‚Ì‚ðì‚é‚Ì‚æ‚­•ª‚©‚ç‚È‚­‚āc‚²‚ß‚ñ‚È‚³‚¢^_^;j

if she has the email address that I can have, I'm more than happy to help her in any way:)

Now Riceivore-chan, wait a minute, me, cooking for all of you?
I could do some research for nice restaurants, but cooking?!
I'm sick of cooking even for four of us family everyday!

Chiara
2012-02-15 17:33

Forum Posts: 215

If any of you ever end up becoming a fan of some Japanese actor and decides to join his Japanese fan site, just feel free to ask me anythig whenever you don't get their jokes.

I live in Eastern Europe and I have to admit I`m not very much familiar with Japanese actors,but since I`m reading freak I like a few of Japanese novelists.
My favorite one is Haruki Murakami and I read literally everything what he published.Besides I like Kazuo Ishiguro,Yukio Mishima,Shusako Endo, Kenzaburo Oe ecc.Do you have any suggestions for me?I`d appreciate that.

RICEIVORE
2012-02-16 06:34

SSSSSSSHHHHH IT'S OKAY. I'll help make the meal because I'm a nice person. ;D except not really eheheheheheheh Also I'm at home right now, so my Keanu-loving friend can't reply. XDDD

I SHOULD DRAG HER OVER TO WINM. HMMMM.

And, me? Translate something?

... BRING IT ON.

ShadowSpark
2012-02-16 08:40

Forum Posts: 541
Comments: 33

@Spark(not Shadow, right?),

Oooh here it comes! I was looking foward to recieving this mysterious information packet:D
*opens and looks through it and finds out that it has a buch of pages with lots of difficult words in small letters*

Oh, hi, Spark, thank you for the packet!

Confirmation of packet arrival acknowledged and logged.
Please report all results through proper channels.

End of line.

By the way did you send the same thing to Riceivore as well?
Just thought I would remind you in case you might have forgotten.

A packet is sent to each new arrival as soon as I have the time to put it together. :)

robin
2012-02-16 12:17

@Chiara,
I made a thread on Japasese literature in the Off-Topic Chat forum. Please check it out if you are interested ;)

@Spark,
I feel bad that I might have kind of forced to cacth up on greeting new-commers. I'm sure everyone knows that you mean no offence :)

ShadowSpark
2012-02-18 08:40

Forum Posts: 541
Comments: 33

@Spark,
I feel bad that I might have kind of forced to cacth up on greeting new-commers. I'm sure everyone knows that you mean no offence :)

Don't worry about it. Take a leaf out of Kevin Flynn's book and be Zen.

BlueGem
2012-02-18 12:31

Forum Posts: 184
Comments: 11
@Riceivore, silliness rocks. And we can arrange to break each other's fall when we faint in Keanu's presence.

@Robin, restaurants are fine. Or we can practice an American tradition (actually a Native American tradition), the "potluck." Everyone brings a dish to share and we all enjoy. Riceivore is in charge of rice, obvy. ;) Usually we can't possibly eat it all because everyone brings "extra" (just in case), so then we all get "leftovers." Now I just need a jillion dollars for the flight to Tokyo from Chicago, hee-hee. And some Japanese lessons.

robin
2012-02-20 12:44

BlueGem, potluk sounds like a great idea. I just want to make sure that Anakin would bring Chicken rice and Bobo-chacha for dessert because they are my favorites.
Then I would charter a buss and take you guys to the temple where all the ronins are rested and then hopefully to the premiere. Awww sounds like so much fun!
RICEIVORE
2012-02-20 19:34

Riceivore is in charge of rice

CRYING TEARS OF JOY.

Chicken rice being the Hainanese thing? THAT STUFF IS DELICIOUS.

And at first I thought 'ronin' meant those high school graduates who're studying hard before taking college exams. Then I remembered that ronin is also something more heroic.

I'D LIKE TO GO TO A TEMPLE YAY <3

Chiara
2012-02-21 01:14

Chicken rice and Bobo-chacha for dessert

You,guys, made me hungry!*drool*TBH,I`m not very familiar with oriental food, but I`d so love to taste it.

Then I would charter a buss and take you guys to the temple where all the ronins are rested and

Okay, let it happen in May while full Moon`s lingering in the cloudless sky....and after that delicious dinner we can drink water in which the Moon left its silver reflection....

robin
2012-02-22 04:34

I'm having a hard time catching up on everything (._.;)

Now it's my first attempt to quote... Hope I'm doing it right.

Chicken rice being the Hainanese thing? THAT STUFF IS DELICIOUS.

Yup, it indeed is delicious, isn't it.

BlueGem
2012-02-22 06:43

Robin, in your honor I just baked (for the first time) some mochi for snacks. I ate two with strawberry jam! Yum!

I can't eat them all right now. Wish I could beam a piece to everyone at WINM, but until my transporter gets fixed, I need your advice. Should I refrigerate the baked pieces or just seal them tightly in a container?

robin
2012-02-22 09:13

Oh I'm flattered! You can get Japanese stuff so easily?! or maybe you live in the city. You said you're closest airport is in Chicago, right? I was in Indiana as an exchange student when I was in Highschool. Does that mean anything to you...?

Okay, Now for the mochi. it's the best to eat the baked ones while they are soft, but in this case I think you should put them in a container and keep it in the fridge.
They probablly wouldn't be the same if you try to bake them again, so you might want to cut them into even smaller pieces and put them in the soup (any kind, western kind is fine). They will become soft again in the hot water for sure. Make sure not to put too many though, because if you cook too long they melt and the soup would become very thick. So you should be carful when to put them, too.

If you still have the ones that are'nt cooked yet... try them with meliting cheese and soy sauce, if you have. or I heard mochi pizza is good, too. Put tomato sause, cheese and anything you like on top of mochi. Traditional way would be simply with soy sause and seaweed sheet(nori), or with soy sauce mixed with sugar (salty-sweet flavor). My daughters' most favorite way is with 'kinako', soybean flour ( sugar and a hint of salt added for flavor). You need to put mochi in the hot water before you dip it in the kinako flour, so that kinako would stick to mochi better.

Oh if you really are coming to Japan, I can fix them with no problem. Mochi is easyXD

BlueGem
2012-02-22 10:00

You can get Japanese stuff so easily?! or maybe you live in the city. You said you're closest airport is in Chicago, right? I was in Indiana as an exchange student when I was in Highschool. Does that mean anything to you...?

In the US it is very easy to get imported foods from many places. Japanese cuisine is very popular here, and much of what you consider everyday food is considered "health food" here. And since we Americans are so fat, health food is popular! I can buy mochi, a zillion kinds of tofu, nori, miso, you name it, at my local grocery store. I have not seen kinako, but then, I haven't looked for it! By soy sauce do you mean tamari?

I do live in a large city, Milwaukee, about two hours (driving or by train) north of Chicago. Keanu's film Chain Reaction was partly filmed in a small town not far from here (Williams Bay/Lake Geneva). I have been to the observatory where he went with Rachel Weisz to talk to the astronomer.

Indiana is about four hours drive by car from here. If you look on Googlemaps you'll see that Chicago hugs the shore of Lake Michigan, and I also live on the shore of Lake Michigan (I can be on the beach in 5 minutes.) I would have to drive through Chicago to get to Indiana. Where did you stay in Indiana? I have been to many parts of it.

Thank you for the mochi advice! The mochi pizza sounds great. I think I have found a new favorite food!

I wish I could come to Japan. I bet you are a fine cook. But I have many other things I have to pay for first! I will start saving so I can go visit all my online friends in other countries - it will be a trip around the world, because I would have to go to the Phillipines, Singapore, Australia, Norway, Italy, Germany, England, Spain, Switzerland and more!! Which is the best airport in Tokyo to fly to? Are you far from the airport?

Chiara
2012-02-22 17:18

Oh my Gosh!You made me hungry again!!*runs off to find sth to eat*
robin
2012-02-23 02:03

@BlueJem, actually I was writing this in the morning right after I read your post, but by mistake I somehow deleted the whole thing which was almost done, and I just could'nt pull myself together to rewrite everything I had just written. I don't know what I did wrong, but I do this once in a while and I hate myself for keep forgetting to write on the memo before posting when it's long. So anyway...now I'm fine :)

I am again surprised that you can even get 'tamari' soy sauce! Things must have changed drastically in 23 years in the US because I can't imagine the stores in Indiana with so much Japanese food. In fact I wasn't sure what tamari kind is used for myself, so I looked up on the web and they said it is often served with sashimi or sushi :p. But regular kind of soy sauce is just fine for mochi, or for basically just about anything. I just have one kind at home, too.

I do live in a large city, Milwaukee, about two hours (driving or by train) north of Chicago. Keanu's film Chain Reaction was partly filmed
in a small town not far from here (Williams Bay/Lake Geneva). I have been to the observatory where he went with Rachel Weisz to talk to the astronomer.

Right, you also mentioned Chain Reaction. You've visited that observatory? Cool!
The town I stayed is Tipton. I bet the places you've been are Bloomington or West Lafayette where those big universities are located, no?
Because there aren't much anywhere else...except for corn fields...but I had fun so that's okay ;)

I will start saving so I can go visit all my online friends in other countries - it will be a trip around the world, because I would have to go to the Phillipines,
Singapore, Australia, Norway, Italy, Germany, England, Spain, Switzerland and more!! Which is the best airport in Tokyo to fly to? Are you far from the airport?

That would be so neat! Just don't forget to put Tokyo on your destination list. The major airport here is Tokyo International Airport, which is called 'Tokyo' but in fact is located in the neighboring prefecture. It's infamous for it's inconvenience, and it takes about 1h30mins-2hs from the center of Tokyo.
There is also a small airport in Tokyo, but there are not so many international flights there. Hopefully this would improve by the time you come here :(

@Chiara, I'm eating icecream while I'm typing this and it's 3 in the morning :p Yes I think I'm pretty insane.

Chiara
2012-02-23 02:17

Chiara, I'm eating icecream while I'm typing this and it's 3 in the morning :p Yes I think I'm pretty insane.

LOl!Excellent choice.Way to go!
Robin,what did you graduate ?

BlueGem
2012-02-23 03:07

Chiara, what's your favorite food. You have the best foods in your country!(PS some of my ancestors came to the US from Italy, not sure from what part, though, cause they went to Germany first.)

1 [2] 3

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.