WINM Forums :: Introductions :: Nice meeting you all!

1 2 [3]

Nice meeting you all!
Chiara
2012-02-23 05:06

Forum Posts: 215
Comments: 1
Reviews: 0
Ohh, you think I`m from Italy?I`m terribly sorry if I confused you,probably you judged by my nickname.Well, I`m not Italian.My name is one of those which has a meaning, so when I was thinking about the nickname I could use on internet I just translated my real name into Italian, `cause that`s my second foreign language.Hope this makes sense.
Anyway I`m very fond of Italian food and very often cook it.I spent my summer holidays in Sicily two years ago and I literally fell in love with their starters(antipasti), for example eggplants baked with fresh tomato sauce and parmigiano cheese and basilic .That`s absolutely delicious.
gulbie
2012-02-23 05:34

Forum Posts: 261
Comments: 17

I spent my summer holidays in Sicily two years ago

Where have you been in Sicily?

Chiara
2012-02-23 05:58

I`ve been staying in Giardini Naxos,but made lots of trips:Taormina several times since it`s very close, Castel Mola,Catania, Siracusa,Palermo,Monreale and a few villages where Godfather was filmed:Forza d`Agro and Savoca.

I think I put a few pics on my FB account so you can check them out if you`re intersted to see how it looked like or you`ve already been there or maybe you`re from Sicily?

robin
2012-02-23 09:15

Forum Posts: 59
Comments: 0
Hey! I've been to Sisily too :D Taormina! Le Grand Bleu was filmed there, right? I love Italy and their food, too. Why pasta taste so good in Italy?? Even if I cook the same thing here it taste totally different :(

@Chiara, I majored in *in small voice* Japanese Studies. Why in small voice? Oh it's because I don't want you to get the wrong idea that I know so much about Japan(._.;). Japanese Studies sounds vague, right. Mainly Social Studies, Anthropology, etc. Did I get a job in the filed? Never.

And also, for some reason I was thinking at the begining that you were from Italy, too. Some misunderstanding :/

Chiara
2012-02-23 18:42

Why pasta taste so good in Italy?? Even if I cook the same thing here it taste totally different :(

I`ve heard a famous cook saying that a small things make a difference.

I majored in *in small voice* Japanese Studies

You should be very proud of yourself.That`s a great achievement.
gulbie
2012-02-24 07:17

@Chiara I'm from Sicily. and I tell you more Giardini Naxos, Taormina, Castelmola ( do you know "the lover of lady chatterley" was written there?)Savoca and Forza D'Agrò are located in the same province where I live.

I live in the city, and I've spent all my teenage week ends to the Taormina and Giardini clubs ;) In other hand,I've never been in Savoca and Forza d'Agrò.

I spend few days every year in Siracusa for the greek tragedies festival. I love it.

@robin. yes, Le Grand Bleu was filmed there. :)
the secret for the pasta taste is the water where the pasta is cooked. I suppose.

Chiara
2012-02-25 05:35

I didn`t know that novel was written in Castelmola.Thanks for the info,Gulbie.

Greek theatre in Siracusa is wonderful and very well preserved,but even more I was impressed by that one in Taormina.One night I went to the concert which was performed by my countryman Ivo Pogorelic, he played Chopin on his piano under the clouldless sky,in the warm summer night,with the light breeze from the sea and Etna in the background.It was truly amazing.I will never forget that night.

gulbie
2012-02-25 05:50

of course the greek/roman theater of Taormina has a wonderful background with the sea and the volcano Etna. I love it too.
the summer festival is amazing, with cinema, theather, opera, classic and modern music.

unluckly, you didn't visit the town of Messina.it's so nice... :)

Chiara
2012-02-25 05:59

No, I didn`t. I planned to go to one day trip to those islands in Thyrrenian sea,between Sicily and mainland, forgot their name,but somehow I had not enough time.I spent there two weeks and they simply flew away in a bliss.

edit:Those are Lipari islands

BlueGem
2012-02-25 07:45

Forum Posts: 184
Comments: 11

I spent there two weeks and they simply flew away in a bliss.

You have a lovely way with words, Chiara! Makes me want to go visit all those places. (Note to self: add aforementioned places to around-the-world-trip planning.) Since you're not Italian, then where are you from?
ShadowSpark
2012-02-25 18:15

Forum Posts: 541
Comments: 33
Note, for those of you who are in Italy, Bruce Boxleitner(Tron!) is going to be there in march.
Chiara
2012-02-25 21:02

You have a lovely way with words, Chiara

Awwww,thanks, you`re very kind.Coming from an English teacher,it means even more to me.

Makes me want to go visit all those places.

I really like to travel,that`s my favorite way to spend the money and my spare time.I travel twice a year at least to the places I`ve never been before.So if you want more suggestions, just tell me.

I lived in Split, Croatia in the first half of my life and then moved to Belgrade, Serbia where I live now.

gulbie
2012-02-25 21:15

@ShadowSpark thank you! if you want I could search ( and translate) some articles about this visit.

@Chiara you're talking about all the places of my life. ifI spent my weekends in Taormina, in other hand I spent ( and spend also in the present time) all my summer holidays at Eolian/Lipari islands. all these places are in the province od Messina, so near to me. :)

@BlueGem I'm waiting for you here. if you come, we could meet, if you want.

Chiara
2012-02-25 21:20

Gulbie,it`s quite pitty I didn`t get to know you two years ago and that`s my fault, cause I was too lazy to register although I`ve been lurking here for a while.I would have been delighted to meet you, maybe have a drink or dinner together and have a nice chat.I wonder what the main subject would have been....*whistles*
gulbie
2012-02-25 21:57

I wonder too *whistles*
BlueGem
2012-02-26 02:02

Gulbie, you are so sweet! You might have to wait a long time, though. My RTWT (round the world trip) is just a distant dream for the far future, right now. I would have to win the lottery to afford it. Too many debts to pay first.

All these places you and others live and have mentioned - Taormina, Belgrade, my relatives have visited there but I have not. Lucky them!

robin
2012-02-26 02:35

Forum Posts: 59
Comments: 0
Did you just change your avatar, BlueGem? XD It was Keanu a few minutes ago...!

Oh I'd love to go back to Sicily (Gulbie sorry I misspelled in my last post) or in fact anyplace overseas would make me happy!

gulbie
2012-02-26 05:36

Gulbie, you are so sweet! You might have to wait a long time

I'm here and I have time to wait... ;)

Gulbie sorry I misspelled in my last post

don't worry Robin. ;D

BlueGem
2012-02-26 08:18

Yes, Robin, just for fun for a little while. I saw this XD pumpkin avatar and I thought it was so cute!! No worries, Keanu will be back (after all, he IS immortal).

OK, Gulbie, as we say here in America, it's a deal! XD

1 2 [3]

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.