WINM Forums :: Everything Else KCR :: The New Club Keanu...

[1] 2

The New Club Keanu...
Sephonae
2012-06-07 11:36

Forum Posts: 160
Comments: 3
Reviews: 0
...have y'all checked it out?

http://clubkreeves.com/xoops/index.php

LucaM
2012-06-07 16:34

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
yes, and decided to not register again.
lindawn
2012-06-07 18:47

Forum Posts: 102
Comments: 14
Just curious. Why are you not registering again? The reason I ask is because I haven't re-registered yet either. I have been on the fence about it.
LucaM
2012-06-07 19:19

Personal reasons, mostly. And because I don't 'resonate' with that place.
Please don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to influence anyone one way or another. I just decided not to go there.
gulbie
2012-06-07 20:11

Forum Posts: 261
Comments: 17
I registred again after a notification in facebook from their page.
There are months (approximatly from last summer) I go to the site without the usual regularity and the same enthusiasm. Any way, I never was a big writer of comments there.

I suppose the beginning of my disaffection was the "american eagle's" logo and the sentence "justice is done" after the osama bin laden's death.
I don't like the introduction of a political issue in an actor fan site. it was inapt, expecially the sentence.
I went there over the months but less and less.

Sephonae
2012-06-07 21:29

Fair enough, y'all. I'm not affiliated with the site or with Chicks. I just remember CK being a pretty vibrant online hangout and was bemused by the lack of activity at the new site.
Sephonae
2012-06-07 21:31

@gulbie - I understand what you mean, and agree. I don't go to (or appreciate) social sites for political news either.
tini4
2012-06-07 22:32

Forum Posts: 140
Comments: 5
I remember how much information was there, which could not be found elsewhere! Before visit them frequently, there are now many similar sites... One day, unfortunately, if we accidentally enter the site will read that is private or is no longer updated...
LucaM
2012-06-07 22:38

It already IS private, more or less.
But it's their right to choose this option.
tini4
2012-06-07 22:52

Forum Posts: 140
Comments: 5
Yes,LucaM. I agree.
ARYA
2012-06-07 23:58

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
ok ok ok, I hear and validate but why would we deny our keanu viewing pleasure just because the owner has reactionary opinions? One of the many many things that amaze & enlighten me, about Keanu, is how he attracts people from all walks of life. I agree I would rather put cash into the hands of like minded people but that was never reality, only my ego mind. I guess a good metaphor would be...don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. CK has a wonderful archive and you can just pop in to see the pics or check out the homepage. I think that's worth a few shekels...Of course we have to follow our own continuing investigation on this and all things...
Softie
2012-06-08 00:13

Forum Posts: 78
Comments: 10
Yeah, I agree Arya. I'm ambivalent about the attitude there, but the photo archive is outstanding! I can't think of another site that has that. The old Keanuweb was awesome before it got shut down in 2008 (which is when I went to Clubk), but it's not the same since it reopened.

I'd hate to see another such comprehensive KR site diminish even further.

Plus, I'm just addicted to his face.

LucaM
2012-06-08 00:56

Frankly, I promised myself way back in November 2007 that I will never, never, never ever donate/pay membership fee to a site that buys photos taken by paps.
When I have a few shekels to spare, I'd rather donate them to Ani so he can pay the hosting for WINM and keep this articles archive (and the ThankyouKeanu pages) alive ,online, and available to anyone.
But that's just me.
ARYA
2012-06-08 01:02

and it is certainly your call LucaM. I mean no judgment either way. You know that I have also given it thought. My considered opinion is that it's his duty to keep his private life private and my duty to find out every thing I can.
He's been more effective than I have...
LucaM
2012-06-08 01:07

ARYA, you're right. If we'd all think alike, the world would be a boring place.
Live and let live ;) :)

ARYA
2012-06-08 01:09

@ LucaM ((hugs))
gulbie
2012-06-08 01:44

@Arya: I wasn't disappointed by the admin's politic ideas showed by the logo ( I already guessed which they are reading the comments, and I didn't worry).everybody gets their own ideas and I accept it, better: I like the people has different ideas from each others.
in that situation, the thing that gave me a bad impression was the mixing the politic issues (the kind of things we care as adult and civil members of our society) and the fandom (our little passtime, without problems except defending ourselves from the various crazy fans). for me, it was like break an unwritten rule of the fandom. pass through a line we must not pass. I don't know why I felt uneasy. But, that's the way I felt, I confess.

I never completely left ck. I used to comment until they move at the forum. I got/get polite relationships with chicks. for me it was ( and maybe it still is) the best site around the world for K-pictures and for number of members.
this is the reason I re-register there.

I learned many things about keanu and how manage a fansite from CK, I never forget it.

that not means I can't be disagree with some managing choices...

Softie
2012-06-08 06:48

Forum Posts: 78
Comments: 10
Well said gulbie. Also, I hope I didn't come across as passing judgement or being preachy in my previous post...not my intention at all. I think both positions are absolutely fair.
gulbie
2012-06-09 02:29

Yes, I've understood your intention. :)

I've clarified my position because when I've read my previous comment I've found it too cryptic because I didn't correctly explain my thoughts. Oh My English.... :(

sorry in advance if I wrong the form of verbs, but today was horrible and heavy. maybe all I need is a bed now.

ARYA
2012-06-11 01:21

Your english is wonderful gulbie. I understand perfectly.
Every webmaster of english speaking Keanu sites has heard my wrath at one time or another and now I just enjoy as many as I can find. It's all good.

[1] 2

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.