WINM Forums :: News & Announcements :: Scammers alert

1 2 3 [4] 5

Scammers alert
Mdsept17052020-07-23 03:49:14

Forum Posts: 3
Comments: 2
Reviews: 0
My aunt is being catfished by Keanu right now. He supposedly gave her a ton of money...... what do I do??? She is insisting it is him, but we know it isn’t. Also, he now has access to her banking info as it was a wire transfer from an overseas account. He supposedly calls her, FaceTimes her, and sends her gifts, and let’s her use his Apple Card! Wtf!?! Not that my auntie isn’t admirable or beautiful, but this just doesn’t happen!! Advice?
Anakin McFly
2020-07-23 11:01:05

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
I'm sorry to hear about that. :( That's pretty scary.

Would it be possible for you to be present during one of those FaceTime calls? (Or ask her to take a photo.) It would be easiest to tell if it's an impostor, but one other tactic they use is to show a video of Keanu talking and then do a voice over, so it looks like he's speaking.

Keanu's friends (and Keanu himself) have repeatedly emphasised that he is not on social media and will not contact anyone through there:

From Alex Winter:

"Hi, I appreciate that the imposter Keanu thing is stressing some people out, but all anyone needs to understand is that he has zero social media accounts," wrote Winter. "They're all fake. Thanks."

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/keanu-reeves-social-media-fake-accounts-alex-winter-bill-and-ted/

From Ed Solomon (Bill & Ted writer and close friend of Keanu), regarding another imposter:

"If she’s the kind of person who would believe any one of the 26,475 fake Keanus out there is a real Keanu, I’m not sure anything will convince her. It’s not real. Keanu is not on social media and would never reach out to anyone. Not ever."

https://twitter.com/ed_solomon/status/1254959687541366785

Some news reports:

"A Hamilton Township woman who thought she was communicating with Hollywood actor Keanu Reeves over social media was scammed out of $2,700, Northumberland OPP said."
https://www.canadianfraudnews.com/hamilton-woman-scammed-pretend-reeves/

"Just found out my retired mother got scammed by someone posing to be Keanu Reeves on social media and is out a big chunk of money"
https://www.reddit.com/r/Scams/comments/fuyvn6/just_found_out_my_retired_mother_got_scammed_by/

Keanu imposters scamming money via Google Hangouts, claiming it's for donations to charity:
https://support.google.com/hangouts/forum/AAAAfpFnBZ8F6PonNP9jkk/?hl=tr

A PSA from another group that's been tracking fake Keanu accounts, many of them survivors of the scam:
https://twitter.com/keanuplanet/status/1064808522016264192

Someone who said: "they sent me a forged copy of a drivers licence and they did a video chat with footage of Keanu and them speaking over the top - I couldn't understand him as the syncing was out and there was an obvious non American accent"
https://www.reddit.com/r/KeanuBeingAwesome/comments/c9sost/scammers_pretending_to_be_keanu/

This fan group has been tracking and reporting Keanu impostors:
https://twitter.com/AngelsOfMrR/status/1130205721667280896

Hopefully all this will at least make her a little suspicious.

Also, do remind her that Keanu is currently probably in some form of lockdown with his girlfriend, Alexandra Grant, who is not likely to be happy if he's always chatting to random women on video.

Rachael2020-08-03 16:59:19

Forum Posts: 2
Comments: 0
I just got a message from a ‘Keanu Reeves’ I knew it wasn’t him, I felt sick and my stomach knew not to talk to him. I backed off and I’m immediately going to block him.
Rachael2020-08-03 17:21:48

Hi it’s Rachael again, this is his Twitter account, which I have reported @KeanuRe66513301 and the email address I got from him is mrkeanureeves45@gmail.com
I felt like this dude was ordering me to get the hangouts app and talk to him privately on there, he said he couldn’t find me and since I said I just messaged you, he didn’t message me back after that. He kept asking me questions I felt like no this is not Keanu. The whole thing literally made me feel sick.
MetalMindBlow2020-08-04 00:24:09

Forum Posts: 1
Hi! I recently was messaged by a Keanu account. I'm currently chatting with them. Obviously since I'm here I know it's fake but here's their account

https://instagram.com/keanureeves52859?igshid=1r97r7qv4pyo4

Hasn't asked me for money yet but reeeaaalllyy wants to talk to me on hangouts

Madeline2020-08-04 22:36:53

I am so glad you guys have this post up. This morning I was playing on my phone and a person with the pic and name Keanu tried to start a match with me. I played and he asked me to go to hangouts to chat. How strange. I intended on not commenting on the name until he pointed it out. He talked of LA, Hawaii. Asked if I liked his movies, that he was a director. Asked if I was married, asked for my email. Asked to join Hangouts, to send a pic. He said is email is rkeanu432@gmail.com
Mdsept17052020-09-12 22:12:22

My aunt is being scammed terribly right now. She is mentally unstable, and truly believes Keanu loves her. She says she talks to him all day, and is traveling next month to Germany for the filming of the matrix 4. She is taking out her investments, and investing it all into BitCoin. Anyone have any idea how we can try to help her?? Please!! This is devastating to witness, and bless Keanu Reeves heart for having so many people in his corner to take down social media accounts in his name.......

This person(s) is sending her burner phones, and getting angry when she isn’t or won’t send money to charity’s or whatever they want her to do. She believes they are in love....... poor Keanu....... but we need to try to help these women being scammed in his name!!! ???????????????? HELP US, HELP HER!!! ????????????????

Mdsept17052020-09-12 22:25:16

I am not able to be with her during a call as we are on opposite sides of the country...... she blocked me on fb for “spilling the beans” and is distancing herself from us all. Her daughters are trying to get legal guardianship of her and her finances, as these scammers have hacked her account so many times already! She lost her boyfriend, friends, etc. she doesn’t think she is crazy, and stopped taking all meds. These people are really making a mockery of her, and taking advantage of her mental health! It’s exhausting, and totally terrible!

If anyone can point me in the direction of having this stopped I’d appreciate it! Maybe Keanu himself telling her wouldn’t even work, but anything is worth a shot at this point before she ends up dead by the hands of the monsters! It’s really terrifying!

Anakin McFly
2020-09-16 18:09:24

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Hi Mdsept1705,

You can refer to the list of articles I linked higher up in the thread: www.whoaisnotme.net/forums/view.php?threadid=1003&p=4#21256

Multiple people who are close to Keanu have stated that he is not on social media, and Keanu himself has likewise said that he isn't. I don't know what else can be done, unfortunately. Try and contact social services in your area.

MmeRenard
2020-09-19 20:10:43

Forum Posts: 1101
Comments: 48
If anyone is being seriously harmed by scammimg, we can't help them here, as much as we'd like to. They need legal help, law enforcement help, mental health services. This is a much bigger issue than a horrible fake Keanu scammer.
MmeRenard
2020-09-19 20:19:06

Forum Posts: 1101
Comments: 48
Short of serious financial harm, anyone who insists on believing a loathsome fake Keanu, refusing to believe both Alex Winter and Ed Solomon about this, simply needs to get their shit together.

Also - about the case above - "having Keanu himself tell her" is pretty much exactly the opposite of what to do. The responsibility is 100% NOT Keanu's not his manager's nor publicist's. People need to take responsibility for their own gullibility.

I had a former friend (former because of this) who was sort of catfished by someone claiming to be a close personal confidante of Keanu's who strung her along for years, having her believe (and spend thousands of dollars andliterally all of her time) that she could get her "close" to Keanu - which of course never happened. She died still believing this. Tragic but also a significant mental health issue.

The tendency to fall for this feels a whole lot like a mental health issue, best addressed by professionals.

jdashwitch2020-09-23 06:09:41

Forum Posts: 5
Some of these people can be very convincing. Sending selfies, video chat dubbing etc. I even got flowers from the first one. LOL. They got nothing from me, just attitude! I reported him and submitted to the FBI due to the content that they sent.
Lonerleopard2020-10-21 15:12:41

Hello everybody! I just want to inform you that someone had tried to scam me with Keanu's name. He using Skype to connect me from 17 September 2020 till 20 October 2020 and he told me to discreet our conversation and he promised me to invite me to Berlin for a date, even we made a video call in Skype, but I do believe he using Deep Fake technology. He told me to send an email to his management team with address: emmagoziee@gmail.com for my reservation payment in Berlin, and he even told me to follow Emma's instruction which I should paid $3950 via wire transfer for the reservation, with a bank account on name: Sharena Smith, address: 1441 Rainbow ave, West Palm Beach FL 33406, routing number: 267084131, account number: 630686019, bank name: Chase bank with bank address: 411 S County Rd, Palm beach, FL 33480, United State. I do believe the reservation itself was fake, so I didn't do the wire transfer at all, even not a penny, because I do believe they all are a syndicate who tried to fraud peoples with Keanu's name. Considering this matter, I'm hoping all of you guys to help me to uncover the syndicate, because I lived in West Java, Indonesia so it's hard for me to uncover the syndicate considering our distance, which I'm so faraway from United state.
JohnWickJr2020-10-24 00:56:08

I signed up to mention some of the Keanu scammers out there but it seems there's already a massive thread on it!
It actually baffles me to see the lengths that some people will go to, it's crazy.
2021-01-08 15:19:09
[ Post deleted by poster ]
2021-01-08 15:21:24
[ Post deleted by poster ]
Patrícia2021-03-17 18:42:09

Hi everyone. My mom has been talking with someone who claims to be Keanu Reeves on Hangouts and she was already scammed. The problem is that she doesn’t believe it. What can I do? Thank you.
Kimberly9422021-04-28 15:24:24

Hello everyone...I joined because I was doing an email search on Keanureevestextofficial@gmail.com which is the email "Keanu Reeves" gave me to find him on Google hangouts. He reached out to me on Clouthub which is a social network primarily for political posts since Facebook and Twitter are so into censorship! Anyway he told me...well here ill just paste the first msg he sent to start communication

"Hello beautiful Kimberly, you seem so amazing thanks for being amazing here on CloutHub, I was actually so amazed to see your profile photo, normally I don't text/message on Instagram, though it's my official CloutHub for chatting, how are you??!! I hope you have seen my movies??"

I wondered why he said anything about Instagram as we weren't on Instagram and CloutHub has nothing to do with Instagram! Anyway..I responded letting him

"Those were very kind things to say...however in all honestly I have a difficult time believing you're who you calim to be, if I'm wrong I apologize.

Of course he responded with another msg the next day. These are like emails in the program.

"Surely it's difficult to believe. But I am truly myself.

Kimberly you are such a lovely woman. I would love to know more about you.

Do you have WhatsApp so we can chat more?"

Then an immediate 2nd msg that said

"Or how about google hangouts??"

I again responded

Im not familiar with either of those apps. Have you even read my profile? I am a very happily married woman and a GRANDMA of a 3.5 yr old" so Im curious why would you find it appropriate for me to go on some other app to chat with you?

I was SHOCKED he actually responded!! Its like he completely ignored what u said! I'll paste his reply too...

"Let me email you now,

So we can always chat.

I have a lot of hobbies, I love swimming"

Ok so I was unaware that my email which is a Google account that I used to register for CloutHub was visible in my CloutHub profile..thank God it wasn't my main address! Because I had no clue how he was able to email me but he did with a link to hangouts app as well as his email address! Now prior to me realizing he had sent this email I replied to him on Clouthub and said

"Im not sure where swimming came up in the conversation but I also love swimming and was on the swim team throughout middle and high school. Question how are you going to email me without my email address?"

He responded of course

"I I love swimming also Kimberly,

Let's chat more on google hangouts. Your email address is part of your profile.Did you get my mail??

Google hangouts is easier and faster"

So this is when I obviously realized he emailed me and how he got my address. Also thought it was so odd that he's the one who brought up swimming in the first damn place and yet he's telling me he loves swimming too as if it was me who brought it up. For those of you who don't know CloutHub..the emails from one person show up as a chat so it would have been EXTREMELY easy for this person to see 1. He started the swimming bs 2. That I had just said I wasn't sure where swimming became part of the conversation and 3 I was acknowledging that I to liked to swim etc. These behaviors as well as ignoring that I said I was a married woman HAPPILY to boot and a grandma...made me well pissed! I appreciate a compliment and I love that I never get guessed for even 40 when I'm 53 but don't assume a long haired blond with a nice smile is an unfaithful wife and will just download some off the wall app to chat with a strange man! Truth be told I am not nor have I ever been a fan of Reeves...nothing personal I just don't know much about him and until this began 4 days ago I thought he was around my sons age mid to late 30s (my two kids are 32 and 36)even my daughter thr 32 yr old thought he looked about her brothers age...hey some of us have that type of skin...my daughter looks 16 and my son looks 45 lol even had someone who works with his dad my husband see my son and I at dunkin donuts together tell him I was with another man...he took a pic with his cell to show him...my husband laughed so hard...took the guy to his desk and showed him the family photo of the 4 of us...the guy immediately realized it was our son and his coworkers wife wasn't cheating hahaha anyway point is I assumed he'd see that I was a grandma seeing that happily married didn't scare him off grandma would make him realize IM OLD lol but this freak didn't even acknowledge a word I said!!!

So ladies any of you out there that get swept up by men online especially "stars" a real man that you'd even want in your life ISNT GOING TO ASK YOU FOR MONEY PERIOD! A decent man with any morals ISNT GOING TO IGNORE YOURE MARRIED! And these men who have made it big in Hollywood WHY on earth would they need to go online to find you or anyone to love?!?! NOT once has that ever happened and it will never happen I don't care how beautiful you are or how sent you may very well be...those men can have just about ANYONE they want with little to no effort theyre not gonna seek someone out online and chat with them!! Also why would ANYONE want someone who is so stupid to put ALL of their wealth into one bank or one credit card etc...if my house were to be searched and my account frozen cus of drugs or some other stupid excuse these scammers use ...id have money available elsewhere to support myself until that nonsense was cleared up! Do yall sincerely think Mr Reeves has absolutely no one else in his life ....circle of friends...family...employees lol that would help him should he find himself in ANY of the situations I've read here where women have given these pathetic scammers money! Learn to love yourselves and respect yourselves enough not to ever let someone treat you so disrespectful! You'll never find true love looking at a screen...if you meet someone online be.VERY CAREFUL and always meet in a public place with everyone knowing where you're going..the license plate of the guy (take your own car) spent the 50 bucks and do a background check! Just be as safe with your life as you would be with your child's!

So this fakes username on Clouthub is (Im copying and pasting

@Keanureevesprivatec
Los Angeles, California, USA

The email he gave me was

Keanureevestextofficial@gmail.com

His profile on hangouts is

keanureevestextofficial@gmail.com (funny there's a Facebook with that address too that I found using the Gmail address he gave me)

I did a tad bit more poking around...its hysterical that ANYONE would believe that someone such as Mr Reeves would actually post tweets and Facebook posts literally begging people to txt him and to go to Google hangouts to chat with him!

Well I hope this additional information will help someone....its NOT the real Keanu Reeves on Twitter, Facebook, CloutHub, Google Hangouts, Skype, or on any other computer program etc and the only girls cell he is calling confessing his love for is his long term girlfriend! Find peace in that ladies and get off the internet there are real men out there looking for the same thing you are!

God bless...

AndrewM
2021-10-24 22:21:35

It is cool to see that the community is fighting against scammers, who are pretending to be Keanu Charles Reeves and take money from people. However, some people also may use (especially if they have business in Instagram) special defense in order to bulk delete instagram followers and do not think about this problem for a long term.
b56782022-02-13 04:23:44

Hello,

I have been trying to report this instagram account on instagram. it is _keanu_reeves._private.

Every time, I follow the instructions to report, I get stuck on the portion on where it asked me to select the name of the account. I can not find it.

It is there for sure, because it shows when someone searches "Keanu Reeves".

I actually registered to this account.

After the registration, I got an e-mail (supposedly, directed to all registered fans, I assumed) saying they are from Keanu's management team letting fans know about a contest to get a chance to win a live video call with Keanu Reeves.

In short, I won it. After explanations about the rules, they gave me an e-mail address to be able to chat with Keanu at Hangout.

I followed it, and I was able to communicate with so called "Keanu Reeves", but it was not through a video call as mentioned in the contest. I got suspicious, but I just went along with it.

After the back and forth answer and questions, he said "he likes me, and would line to meet me in person one day", and blah, blah.

There were hints of red flags in the conversations, aside from money being involved. It was also mentioned the fundraiser, and any help is voluntary. He said something about him beibg stumped with this foundation, and maybe I can help?

I just directly told him I am not rich, so I am not sure, what I can give that he does not already have.

Then in time, our conversation led to something that involves money again. He mentioned about the "meet and greet". That will involve spending around $1690 so I can meet him in Los Angeles (I am in Canada).

I actually just went along, pretending I am excited. He gave me an e-mail to contact his management team, so they can give me instructions, which I did.

His management team replied and told me if I am okay with everything they have told me, they will send another e-mail where I can e-transfer the payment.

They sent me an e-mail, but it also mentioned that Mr. Keanu Reeves suggested that I be booked for the VIP, which I quote "cost an additional US$500". It will also allow me to go to Los Angeles in his private plane. Like, as if, I am stupid to be alone with him and his cronies anywhere.

I did not pay, but instead told fake Keanu it is a rip-off.

This smelled really fishy to me. All the things he said about him liking me and blah, blah is contradicting, especially when I asked how different is the regular price from the VIP.

For someone who says he likes me and wants to see me, it commands a very high price tag.

He is definitely a faker and an imposter.

This impostor needs to be stopped. I just do not know how.

Has anyone have the same experience?

1 2 3 [4] 5

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.