WINM Forums :: Introductions :: Nice meeting you all!

[1] 2 3

Nice meeting you all!
robin
2012-02-14 05:40

Forum Posts: 59
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
Hi! I'm robin:D

I'd been lurking for over a year but never had the guts to join because of my poor English.
But on the night of 12th when I read the news that Keanu was dead (!), I rushed to this site to make sure that it was a hoax only to find out no one was even making a single coment on it.
So I figured it's about time that I officially register to become a member to find it out by myself.

Well I had trouble registering and in the process of figuring out what went wrong Anakin kindly taught me about that disgusting site and that Keanu is safe and sound (thank you Anakin for all the help! I made it through! yay ;))

I am from one of those rice-eating countries in the far East as well- nice meeting you Ricivoire!- in fact it's the country where the story of 47 Ronin is based.

As I mentioned earlier please forgive me for my grammar errors and misspellings, my conduct of English is not as good as all of you.
I am amazed to know that many of you are non-natives as myself because everyone is so fluent and I can't tell who's from where at all!

In fact I'm very new in the fandom, it's only been no longer than two years since I officially? realized that I am his fan (I hope I'm qualified!).
Well but that doesn't mean that I'm like really young(^-^;)

I always loved that people here are all nice and relaxed, and that's why I love this site so much.

Anyway I'm so excited finally be here!

ARYA
2012-02-14 06:18

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
I am so glad you took the plunge. Always impressed that people can communicate in more than one language. Welcome. I hope we have a lot of Berlinale info coming up.
robin
2012-02-14 08:31

Hi Arya! Thank you for the warm welcome.

I'm always impressed that you try to post comments often to keep the site animated :)

Joke
2012-02-14 12:23

Forum Posts: 380
Comments: 1
Welcome Robin.

Well, at least there's one positive effect of the Keanu dead rumors, we've got a new member. :-)

Oh, and your English is just fine !

Anakin McFly
2012-02-14 13:35

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
Welcome! And yeah, your English is fine. :) It's definitely better than my Chinese, at any rate... >_>
RICEIVORE
2012-02-14 20:31

Forum Posts: 30
Wait, wait, you're from Japan?

JAPAN?

OH MY GOD A FELLOW RICE-EATING FRIEND!

Konnichiwa! Watashi namae wa Lana! Hajimemashite! O genki desu ka?

My Japanese kinda sucks, so I do apologize in advance for it. xD Anyway, it's awesome to meet you, Robin! You're totally awesome, and I'm glad you took the initiative to join! I was kind of a WINM stalker, too, but I ended up joining after... well, a lot of things. No regrets so far.

Your English is brilliant, by the way. Don't worry about it! <3

NOW COME LET ME LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

KeKe lover2012-02-14 21:54

Forum Posts: 28
Hello, Robin and welcome! So good to know that you have joined; this is indeed a great group!
Chiara
2012-02-15 00:02

Forum Posts: 215
Welcome,Robin!I`ll tell you a secret.WE have an English professor here so watch out...am kidding, of course:)
nafsunaek
2012-02-15 02:49

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
Welcome Robin! It's a real pleasure to have you join us! :)
gulbie
2012-02-15 02:51

Forum Posts: 261
Comments: 17
welcome, Robin! Nice to meet you! :)

ARYA
2012-02-15 03:07

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
@ Robin. Thanks for noticing my efforts. It's kinda easy for me since my thoughts are so often about him. :)
LucaM
2012-02-15 03:35

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
Robin - hello, and welcome ! :)

Your English is great, so don't worry.
Glad you decided to join the site. :)

robin
2012-02-15 03:54

Joke, Anakin, Riceivore, Keke Lover, Chiara, Nafsunaek, Gulbie and LucaM, thank you all for the warm welcome!
Oh you guys are so nice! I'm glad I joined(;-;)

If any of you ever end up becoming a fan of some Japanese actor and decides to join his Japanese fan site, just feel free to ask me anythig whenever you don't get their jokes.
Not likely to happen? Oh well;)

@Riceivore, Your Japanese is great!! Do you learn it at school? Cool!
Lana-chan, kochirakoso yoroshikuneI
I wonder which rice-eating country you are from...... can you tell me, if you don't mind?

@Chiara, Oh I know who you're talking about;)
I understand this is a group of very intelligent people, including yourself.

BlueGem
2012-02-15 06:02

Forum Posts: 184
Comments: 11
Hee-hee, aforementioned "badass" English professor here. Robin, welcome, and yes, your English is brilliant, as Riceivore so aptly stated.

I live in a beer-drinking, cheese-eating, ridiculously lowbrow city smack in the middle of the USA (very close to where parts of Chain Reaction were filmed). Sorry, wrong, I forgot. THE MATRIX HAS ME. Anyway, I wear very sharp dark sunglasses, a long black coat and kickass black boots, and in my many pockets, I carry lots of....RED PENS! Agents run in fear from my red pens. I do love rice, but I do not know kung fu or any other languages (sad, I know). Perhaps I can run one of those programs one of these days...

Erm, sorry, false reports of Keanu's death sent me off into a little fantasy there. I'm back now.

And again, welcome to Robin!

LucaM
2012-02-15 06:09

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13

If any of you ever end up becoming a fan of some Japanese actor and decides to join his Japanese fan site, just feel free to ask me anythig whenever you don't get their jokes.
Not likely to happen? Oh well;)

er... dunno about that. If the creator of Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo decides to make a new anime series in the same vein as those two... it just might happen ;)

RICEIVORE
2012-02-15 06:40

Forum Posts: 30
I like Kenichi Matsuyama. I think he's the only Japanese actor I make an effort to look at. But, in respect, I listen to Japanese music more than I watch their movies. Do you listen to Kobukuro? They're my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE HOLY CRAP.

Aaaand, anata wa yasashii na. C: Tomodachi ni narimashou ne! Youkoso irasshai mashita!

I don't learn Japanese in school, per se. But my best friends are Japanese and they talk in Japanese, and I spend a lot of time with them, so the language kinda grew on me. :D I'm from the Philippines, by the way! I plan on going to Japan this December to watch 47 Ronin with one of those earlier mentioned best friends, who wants to study in Sophia. XD

BlueGem, you are the silliest person ever. And I love you XDDDD

2012-02-15 06:40
[ Post deleted by poster ]
BlueGem
2012-02-15 09:02

Forum Posts: 184
Comments: 11
Riceivore: That is so sweet, since it is St. Valentine's Day today in the US and for some reason you are bringing out the silly side of me!

I am jealous that you can speak Japanese. Maybe you can meet up with Robin to see the film, wouldn't that be awesome. Ok, everyone, road trip! Japan in December! Save your spare change.

robin
2012-02-15 10:08

@BlueGem, there you are! Nice to meet you:D

I feel accepted now that the English professor gave me an approval:)
It must be so much fun to be in your class! XD

@LucaM, yeah, who knows what's gonna happen.
You might even instantly fall in love with Tadanobu Asano once you see him in 47 Ronin or whoever.

@Riceivore, are you kidding me?! I graduated from Sophia, um, almost 20 years ago (well 19 to be precise)!
But I guess it's not surprising because it's the college where many of the kids with international background such as your firend would go.

So you like Matsu-Ken and Kobukuro, huh?
My older daughter (7years old, not son, sorry) looks kind of like Matsu-Ken :D in my opinion, by the way.
I'm not sure if it would be a complement for her but some people even agree.

Kobukuro! yeah, I think they are really talented. They have many awesome songs, though I personally listen to more of hip-hop R&B type of music.
I love m-flo, and now I'm into Daichi Miura- I wonder if you've ever heared of him.
Well I think he's kind of like Justin Bieber in the States, in some sense :D

Yeah sure we should meet! I'm in Tokyo and I can get to any major fun parts of the city within 30-50mins.
Well that's of course you still don't mind becoming friends with a 'obasan' (a lady of almost your mom's age) as myself...

Of course anyone is welcome! I'm having a strong feeling that Keanu would be here for the Japan Premire, and in that case I am determined to try every means available to be there, including making my husband take a day off to take care of the kids if necessary.
Wouldn't it be awesome if we could all go together?

ShadowSpark
2012-02-15 10:36

Forum Posts: 541
Comments: 33
*waves from ceiling where she tends to lurk*

Greetings Program: robin, from Server Location: "one of those rice-eating countries in the far East"

My designation is User: Spark. As the resident Tron-nut, I bid you welcome to the site! You will receive an information packet. Please confirm that it has arrived.

Preparing instructions....

Your objective: To seek out and destroy FISH - any and all programs and/or users with malicious intentions toward User: Keanu.

Sending.....

Instructions sent.....

Awaiting confirmation....

[1] 2 3

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.