1 [2] 3 4

Keanu is NOT on social media
Freya
2016-02-25 02:26:13

Forum Posts: 777
Comments: 3
Reviews: 0
Indeed, not comfortable situation.

A reason for that might be a fact that many stars/VIPs have their official twitter/instagram/website. For some persons it is almost obvious that such the official twitter account or the website already exists. Of course then it must be one of those available in f.ex. google search.

However putting the words which Keanu has never said as his own is confusing and creates a false image of Keanu.

Showing up in his library at 4 AM is a different question.

Taluthah2016-02-25 04:18:05

Forum Posts: 165
Comments: 30
well, as a matter of fact, he is a person of public interest. This is the consequence of his choice for and his dedication to his job as an artist. I think he could stop the current mess and maybe get some rest if he hires someone for official communication. Including nowadays social media. For sure he can afford this.
LucaM
2016-02-25 04:32:12

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
Sure he can. But imo, that would open a whole 'nother can of worms.
That account would be official, but the other 'officials', wouldn't, and then wait 'till the 'real' one gets verified, and even then, it's not really KR posting, just an employee...
Still wouldn't give most people what they want, aka 'genuine' communication with the actor on social media.

So guess the blunt "I'm NOT on social media. Period." approach settles it better. It's not what most people want, but it is what it is...

MmeRenard
2016-02-25 04:46:23

Forum Posts: 1101
Comments: 48
Thank you, LucaM. Yes, he surely could, he clearly doesn't want to, and that is his choice. Yes, there are celebrities that do have "official" accounts. It's pretty clear to me that he's not interested in being that kind of person. I can't say, not knowing the man personally, but it looks to me like he wants his work to speak for itself. He is remarkably generous - look at the zillions of selfies with folks he's taken, and being available at events for Arch Motorcycle, and signings for Shadows.

It's pretty clear that the more access people have to a celebrity, the more they want. We wouldn't have paparazzi otherwise, or idiots who show up at book signings, ask for an autograph or a selfie and then blithely post it as "no big deal." Fans can be real assholes. Many, surely most, aren't but some are.

And I think people showing up in his library at 4 AM is a pathology that is actually encouraged by people thinking they have access to a celebrity's "real life."

Nope, I'm not interested in that.

Anakin McFly
2016-03-07 22:28:46

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
And the site is down! Good job everyone. :D

EDIT: ah, crap, there's another one.

https://www.facebook.com/keanu.reeves.the.actor

At least that one's not pretending to be Keanu, but it's spreading on quotes that are not Keanu's, including one that's just conservative religious propaganda, against quite a few of Keanu's values (this is the guy who's good friends with at least two trans women; I really doubt he'd be complaining about how we can't tell men and women apart any more; meanwhile he's also the guy who started his own motorcycle company, so it would be weird for him to complain about people obsessed with shallow things like the intricacies of vehicles...).

It was contaminating the internet a few years ago, but now it's all over again to the point it's popped up on my google news alerts. -_-

https://www.facebook.com/keanu.reeves.the.actor/photos/a.364452366949741.77354.316223865105925/984332994961672/?type=3&theater

MmeRenard
2016-03-07 23:23:39

Ugh. That just made me throw up a little - or maybe it's the stomach flu - or both.
LucaM
2016-03-07 23:39:41

Can't find an original source in English for that post; the text itself started circulating in the Russian social media in December 2014, then in the Moldavian and Romanian social media in Jan 2015.
Out of three links to Russian sites where the text was found at the time, two are no longer valid :|

As for this last fake fb page, although it says in the 'about' section that " This is a fan page set for the multitalented actor and director, wonderful human being Keanu Reeves. The admins are working with dedication to keep the page at the highest standards and to promote Keanu in the best way possible. Keanu is welcome to post on this page, adjust or dismiss any of the posts." , it's still impostoring.
So report, report, report.

Anakin McFly
2016-03-08 09:29:36

ADMIN

Thanks for the research!

I'm not sure if it's impostoring in this case, because they're just taking quotes from elsewhere which people said Keanu said. Quite a few of their quotes are valid, and one of the fake ones was previously posted on Keanuquotes, so it's not a case where they're intentionally fabricating quotes like the previous pages did. But then again their page name is 'Keanu Reeves - the actor', and most of the people there seem to believe its him.

MmeRenard
2016-03-09 10:10:17

Anakin wrote above:
"this is the guy who's good friends with at least two trans women"

And two of those trans women friends are both Wachowskis - Lana and Lilly. I'm glad they're who they ARE [I originally wrote "want to be" - very sorry! stupid of me!], and wish them much more success and happiness. Sorry that Lilly was outed before she intended - media sucks.

Anakin McFly
2016-03-09 11:18:25

ADMIN

I was actually referring to Jamie Clayton, but whoa.

I need some time to process this. Mostly... did Lana know all this time? Somehow that bothers me if she didn't, even though it's none of my business. :/

I also really wish I could hear the conversation between Keanu and the Wachowskis after this news. Unless he already knew...

Anakin McFly
2016-03-09 12:09:57

ADMIN

Snopes comes in to save the day:

http://www.snopes.com/keanu-reeves-prostitutes-quote/

I just found and sent them the link to the original video that was dubbed over. :)

Taluthah2016-03-09 13:46:20

quite interesting from a scientific point of view - it suggests that transgender can be influenced genetically

And this means it's natural - like hair and eye color.

Anakin McFly
2016-03-09 15:13:47

ADMIN

I know of two other pairs of siblings where both of them were trans, and one where it was both parent and child.
MmeRenard
2016-03-09 20:34:47

Yes, I thought of Jamie Clayton and Lana. Thanks for the thing from Snopes. I'm convinced that gender and sexual orientation is genetic and "natural." It's weird, I think I only personally know one person who's transgender.

Not one but TWO brilliant female directors! That's fantastic!

Taluthah2016-03-11 14:33:01

now it's getting complicated...

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/mar/10/the-matrix-wachowski-siblings-men-rights-activists

I think the Matrix sequels with the characters of Zee and Niobe and the female counselors provide several examples if independent and strong women

Anakin McFly
2016-03-11 16:01:51

ADMIN

"Neo works as a mild-mannered, nobody programmer named John Anderson."

People are starting to forget that not all of Keanu's characters are named John. :|

but meanwhile...

"Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong ... You don't know what it is, but it's there, like a splinter in your mind, driving you mad."

is an excellent description of gender dysphoria.

and Neo's repeated insistence: "My name is Neo", when Agent Smith insists on calling him by his old name, takes on a whole new dimension now.

MmeRenard
2016-03-11 20:04:49

Do we give the remotest possible damn what MRAs feel? And if so, why? Sure, you bring what you want and take what you want from the films, but seeing them as some guy freeing the universe from the women (seeing the Matrix as a virtual model of supposed female domination is ridiculous). And Neo isn't the One without Trinity. The films are full of very strong female characters - and very weak male characters. And EVERY kind of character. If they're not about freeing our minds from every kind of preconception, I don't know what they're about.

The Guardian is great for political coverage but screws up cultural stuff on a regular basis. I find the idea of men terrified of their own feminine nature - and we all have both natures - incredibly boring.

"the MRAs aren’t wrong in seeing in the film a kind of terror of emasculation"
Sure they are wrong. Obviously. Literally.

I could go on, but I'm boring myself. The whole premise that this might scare MRAs? Yawn.

Anakin McFly
2016-03-12 10:52:16

ADMIN

I think it was more about the delicious irony where a movement that has partly named itself after The Matrix - hence the name Red Pillers - would realize that it was created by two trans women, whom many of them (admittedly not all) strongly dislike and see as a symptom of women taking over the world by forcing men to be like them or something.
Joke
2016-03-27 02:09:06

Forum Posts: 380
Comments: 1
Another imposter site : http://iconosquare.com/keenureeves
LucaM
2016-03-27 02:11:10

going by the profile image, it's the same people who were running the 'officialkeanu' twitter acct...

1 [2] 3 4

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.