WINM Forums :: Everything Else KCR :: How do you feel connected to Keanu Reeves?

1 2 [3] 4

How do you feel connected to Keanu Reeves?
keala2018-09-24 21:51:29

Forum Posts: 38
Comments: 0
Reviews: 0
Ohhh sorry...didn't think my messages would be that disturbing. When I said connected to Keanu Reeves I meant what led us here...you are here, I am here, for different reasons, I have explained as well how I felt connected..it is not manipulative, I am included in this question. I was just curious about the attraction, that I felt as well...does it look so strange?

For Little dutch girl, sorry but I'm not this person, if I understand it is a person?

Sorry also to have said that you knew him through media, I didn't know people here have met him...but you just can explain it simply, no? About the interviews I totally agreed that there are not 100% trustworthy...so what is the problem here?

And sorry again I'm not Dutch but living in Europe, and by the way Arch had to adapt their motors for the European norms...to sell them in Europe. Is it such a problem?

What's the relation between feeling connected to his personality and living with him??
People can't stand to live with other people because there are life choices or ways of living that are not compatible...Keanu Reeves or not Keanu Reeves, it is not insulting...he is telling himself he has a very "nomadic" life...so yes I do think that it would be difficult to live with him.

Keanu Reeves is very touching also because of his vulnerabilities...I don't see why people couldn't speak about it as well...

You don't feel connected with him but you are a fan, ok that's very fine. Do we need your permission to speak about a public person?

Niki
2018-09-24 23:27:29

Forum Posts: 43
Comments: 4
The Halo Effect....
Everyone is prone to it, even the person themself that it's cast on.
2018-09-24 23:28:59
[ Post deleted by poster ]
keala2018-09-24 23:37:41

Hi Niki, what do you mean by "halo"?
Niki
2018-09-24 23:50:18

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halo_effect

keala2018-09-25 00:02:46

Thanks for the link. In other terms as well famous people act as icons on which people can project themselves or their dreams/fantasies (in very different manners, by the way).
There is another interesting thing as well, is that very Empathetic people seem to have "mirror neurons" and easily contaminated by others' personalities and actions.
Freya
2018-09-25 00:24:36

Forum Posts: 777
Comments: 3
Going back to your question about his charm - that might be a holistic perception of his personality (acting, speaking) including his look - but it is very subjective why you prefer one to another (f.ex. you may like brunets).
keala2018-09-25 00:45:14

Thanks Freya, yes it is subjective, just wanted to share with people on the subject. On my side I think his eyes are stunning and the way he walks!
But of course it is a combination of different feelings. The quietness that might hide a volcano...

LucaM
2018-09-25 00:54:48

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
"Defending and deciphering Keanu Reeves". That's what the banner of this website says. Over the years, I've been guilty of both. These days, it's less defending (the internet seems to love him, ever since Sad Keanu). The deciphering is still a work in progress and it will be so 'till the day I die. And I'll never know for sure. But such is the human condition.

As for that link, my neurons could not comprehend the scientific language :) I understand literature better. So they reminded me of these two quotes

We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are
and
People generally see what they look for and hear what they listen for.

myself included, of course.

keala2018-09-25 01:35:19

Thanks for those soothing words. His hypersensitivity makes echo...that's why I'm interested in the person he is, not only as an actor but as a person. I guess hypersensitive people recognize other hypersensitive ones.

According to what you said, deciphering is not crime :)

Freya
2018-09-25 05:32:33

Deciphering is not a crime depending on how you are going to use it and ... :D thanks, I was wondering ‚if and how Keanu has changed your llife?’ and there is one of the answers ‚a work in progress till the day I die’.
keala2018-09-25 13:38:04

"Deciphering is not a crime depending on how you are going to use it"...I guess it is more about ethics, whatever deciphering or not, journalists are able to set up fake stories to sell more!
I was surprised on Mr-Reeves to find some articles that are not really respecting his private life or far from reliable. I guess the interest of it was to compile everything that has been published about him.

LucaM
2018-09-25 14:26:59

You'll probably find those articles in the WINM archive, too. That's because WINM is first and foremost an online archive. Usually Anakin mentions as a note whether the article is satire or totally inacurate or that it seems to be a mix of paragraphs taken from other interviews, so most likely that particular article is not a result of a direct interview. But the role of an archive is to collect, as you say, everything that has been published about him.

In my case, after reading about 80% of the WINM archive, I can probably guess which articles are reliable or not... but it's always subjective.

The good thing about video interviews is that we know at least that they happened (at least so far. Until someone starts tinkering with those, too). Of course, even those can be edited. After all, what is real ? :|

keala2018-09-25 15:23:35

Yes totally agree with interviews, that's mostly why I prefer to look interviews. By the way Keanu Reeves is not totally private about his private life (like the personal interview in Uruguay), and quite honest as well in his answers.

Liked it so much when he answered..."Saaanneee? Do you think I'm saaanneee??" and the face expression :D :D

Guess you have seen this one as well, quite funny...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8wUn8aLItQ

LucaM
2018-09-26 00:10:52

Well, the way he answers in (video) interviews seems to depend a lot on context, mood, whether the interviewer has done their homework and researched the project/s they ask questions about, and last but not least, location of interview. He seems to me more open in non-US interviews...
But at the end of the day, how much he reveals about his private life/personality, is a choice that's left to him.
Just like how much we 'read' into said interviews is a choice that's left to us. And sometimes, it says more about us than about the interviewee.

Freya
2018-09-26 02:29:31

well, I was listening to some old songs and then after 'The One and Only'-Chesney Hawkes I realised that I needed some more information about Keanu and later on I found the forum. Keanu is just a great person.
Lelou
2018-11-20 04:03:12

Forum Posts: 40
Comments: 2
Hi folks,

intersting topic!

I haven't been on this board for over one and a half year now, because I choose to live my own life to the fullest without the Keanu-distraction, but as LucaM said "you can check out any time you like but you can never leave... " something made me "reconnect" with the guy.

So I'm willing to answer your two questions, keala, as best as I can. Btw, English isn't my mother tongue, too.

- How do you feel connected to Keanu Reeves?

Good question ... connected is indeed a misleading word here. Guess some people here take it as the simple word of having a "real-life" connection with somebody, which I have not in Keanu's case. I have met him several times in public setting, asked some questions, got one asked :-) and dared to ask for a huge once which was fulfilled.

But I guess you are asking for the reason why we take an interest in the man. What it is that attracts us to the person and personality Keanu Reeves.

In my case it is because I can identify with Keanu on so many levels. Of course I can only refer to the bit he likes us to see, but even to people of his inner circle he is a riddle (refering to a quote of Laurence Fishburne).

So he is a man of questions as I am. He is a deep thinker and his inner world seems to be so complex that it is difficult to articulate it to the outside world. He seeks for truth, the kind of truth that explains the actions of mankind and the strings that holds the universe in place.

I love to experience new things, go to the limits and push them further. I totally understand his drive to go for super-perfect, this feeling when everything melt into unity.

And I so often giggle about the little quirks I share with him, like fumbling fingers, doing out-of-place things in public like lying on the ground to get some rest here and now.

I could go on with the reasons why he casts a spell on me.

On to your second question

- What do you find charming in him?

Oh boy, that's a question I could fill a book with.

His quietness really allures me. He emits this calmness which take me to my own inner pond of stillness.

That's all for now. If you like I will share more of my thoughts and feelings.

keala2018-11-20 13:13:08

Hi Lelou! Thanks for your message, we have quite similar views about him.
As you have met him, I was curious to know if he was somehow different from what you have seen/imagined?
What was different and what wasn't?

Have you seen some of his last films? what did you think?

Have a nice day!

Freya
2018-11-21 02:05:49

Something different? - I was speaking with his co-producer when Keanu went out for a moment from an interview and I had an impression that his eyes 'spoke', hm, well, maybe just my imagination.
Niki
2018-11-21 22:06:58

Humble people see this quality in others, perhaps they feel connected to him in this way.

1 2 [3] 4

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.