WINM Forums :: Everything Else KCR :: How do you feel connected to Keanu Reeves?

1 2 3 [4]

How do you feel connected to Keanu Reeves?
Lelou
2018-11-24 04:59:25

Forum Posts: 40
Comments: 2
Reviews: 0

As you have met him, I was curious to know if he was somehow different from what you have seen/imagined?
What was different and what wasn't?

Okay, let me think ...

Honestly, there was nothing that was different from what I thought him to be.

But I pick a situation which was quite unique.

I was at the taping of the Jonathan Ross Show for John Wick in London. And as it is the taping is so much longer than the excerpts that shown on TV.

Keanu was in good moods during his interview. Then Russell Brand came to the couch and he changed. At some point, Russell pointed out, how much Keanu donate to charity and is helping people and was praising him and Keanu tried desprately to stop him and he was totally uncomfortable that his humble donations under the radar where tosse into public. He was cringing.

After the interviews were done the cast had to do a commercial to promote the show and Brand did used the f-bomb over and over again, so the couldn't use that taping. Keanu was already agitiated as he had to sit for abaout 2 hours, which seems for him to be a bit like torture. And as Brand was pushing it to the limits you could see how the anger built up in Keanu and a one point he jumped off the couch to take a few steps to get rid off his tension.

It was hard for me to watch, because I would have lost my temper and I could literally see how Keanu was clenching his fists in his pockets.

That was one of the situations were you could observe a Keanu that I think is not seen in public so often.

Maybe I'll add one or two other stories of my encounters with the man in the next days.

LucaM
2018-11-24 05:11:19

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
... not surprised to hear that this side of him exists.

many, many, many thanks for sharing this story !

keala2018-11-24 14:58:14

Forum Posts: 38
Comments: 0
Ouch...for sure Russell Brand and Keanu Reeves is not the right cocktail!
Was Brand being rude or just joking...like "the nice and mysterious Mr.Reeves!!"
Nobody on the set stopped Brand? It was before or after the interview that was broadcasted? Because as you said KR looked quite open and relax during the interview.

I'm not surprised at all by KR reaction...

Many times we can see on interviews that he his extremly unconfortable when people speak or ask about his physical appearance too, being handsome or hot. Like clawing his hands...

As well looks like he is really not into birthdays! (=celebration of himself...no suprise).

He looks more in peace with himself now, like somehow he has started to find himself..his place... I'm very happy about it.

A strange question: does he have freckels on his face?

Lelou
2018-11-25 21:57:33

No, Brand wasn't rude nor joking. He was being honest and was speaking about it out of respect for KR's act.

I guess Keanu was squirming because Brand was doing it so exuberant and he just does not want it to be known, because he does it for the reason itself and not for publicity.

This all happended during the interview with Brand, but they cut it.

And you are right, there are quite some topics where he just wants to hide. Which is kind of cute I think, not the improperiate questions but his reactions.

Refering to the freckles, yes, they are there as you can see them in close-ups, but they are very light and can be easily missed.

Btw, you asked in your post sometime ago whether I saw some of his recent movies.

I don't know what means recent to you, but I saw Neon Demon, small part, but really edgy, this scene with the knife, scarily erotic :-)

I saw the Bad Batch, can't still not find my access to that one, but his acting was bold and somehow beautiful, he was extruding sex and power and portait at
same time this caring human being. I think extremly difficult to play.

I watched To The Bone, I liked the film and I was happy that they did not give him to much screen time, just the scenes that were important. And to me these scence were the ones which gave you real insight for your own life. As his role in Thumbsucker did.

Have watched Destination Wedding but in my mother tongue only. The piece was much to wordy for me. But I enjoyed that he did have more text than in all movies of his combined. :-) But soon I will receive my DVD copy and will watch the original, maybe the constant chatting will not be as distractive as in the dubbed version as I can enjoy his voice.

Siberia is on my list and find it's way to my DVD shelf in the next days.

And I'm looking forward to Replicas in January.

Oops, that is a long post, hope you did hang on.

keala2018-11-26 16:21:44

Thanks Lelou for your message.
I have re-watched the J.Ross Show...full, not only the KR part...didn't realise Brand was speaking so much and so fast :D even difficult to ask him a question!

Keanu Reeves unease reactions are sometimes cute as he somehow handles it, but must be a real suffering sometimes...he looks somehow trapped in this sex symbol thing, like it is part of the Hollywood deal...but not his main concern or perception.

For Destination wedding, I've seen the original version, had to watch it several times as English is not my main language. Long chatting! But I have enjoyed the movie, especially the second part. Good to see KR without a gun or dead family, and not the usual sweetheart of a romcom...and really not as a sex symbol.

Hope to see him in very various types of movies in the future!

keala2018-11-26 22:27:46

Impressive sensibility...Siddhartha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Rx85O1mQ0
Lelou
2018-11-27 02:21:38

Nice fund. Totally understandable that he can't find his words in this interview, when knowing which scences he is shooting there. I'm sorry for him that he has to do an interview in this setting. And, oh boy how much he had matured since then.

Freya
2018-11-27 13:46:28

Forum Posts: 777
Comments: 3
Would be nice to meet him, sigh ...
keala2018-11-27 17:39:36

Let's have a worldwide protest asking a dinner with him! :D
If we offer to cook he might say yes :p

More seriously, I think that the best way to meet him would be that he has the will to meet anyone of us...as a person. That's where popularity is such a crazy thing...people you have never met in your entire life want to meet you...he said something similar in interviews.

And it might be that the minute someone wants something from him he closes himself like an oyster...
Interacting with an introverted person is very not an easy thing...I guess it depends on his mood.
I remember reading someone's story who met him and was not really looking for it, neither a fan...I will try to find the story.

keala2018-11-27 18:03:04

Here it is...https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/first-hand-my-biriyani-with-keanu-and-how-i-paid-the-bill-monique-roffey-on-a-disappointing-dinner-1451010.html

I don't know how it endded to be an article in The Independent, like if meeting someone famous and handsome should always be an amazing experience, and moreover like it couldn't be just sometimes boring. It is even a good thing...KR is just a normal person.

About meeting a person somehow introverted, I think that this part is a very speaking one: "'How was your day?' he asked breezily. I was sure it had been boring so I muttered something banal. Then, out of nervousness, I asked him back. 'How was yours?' This had the effect of striking him mute. I felt panic rising: was this too personal a question? 'OK,' he mumbled eventually. I decided I would have to plough on with the natural approach. 'What are you up to at the moment?' A complete blank."

And that part makes me feel like I should NEVER meet him if I don't want to end up with a heart attack :D :D "I realised he was probably the most attractive man I'd ever seen in my life. Long dark dirty hair, great smile, chiselled jaw. Completely sexy. A babe."

Freya
2018-11-28 00:00:36

Forum Posts: 777
Comments: 3
a dinner with Keanu - keala, what a great idea :D
Lelou
2018-11-28 00:37:37

Best way to meet him, being invited to a party given by a friend of his. So you'll meet him at private ground within an enviroment where he is at ease. Start a conversation with him by accident and avoid personal question, speak about the music that is playing, the awsome view over L.A. from this place ...

Had a mild chance that this could have happended, but now analysing that scenario from a distance, I was scared that this might had worked out, not understandable, but anyways. Still punching myself for letting the situation slip through my hands, but what can I say, the past is the past. What the real drag is is this wasn't the only incident that I could have entered a cirle where he happends to be in.

keala2018-11-28 02:26:25

KR is not on social media, but seems to be "reachable" for people living in LA. At least, cross his path several times.
I like the idea to facilitate an opportunity (if living in North Korea, few chances that might happen!), but let life do the rest :D
For me the best would be to cross his path through work...be able to collaborate with him on something...
I think it is somehow tricky to have like one chance to meet someone and it appears that it was not the right moment to start a conversation... :/
And with KR I do think that we never know!
silver
2019-01-10 15:00:34

Forum Posts: 82
Comments: 4
Reviews: 21

I connected with Reeves' acting, from an audience member pov, and an actress pov. What was interesting about his work, is that it seems he is acting for himself. He doesn't seem to act solely for the money, or attention. Maybe that if there was an empty warehouse with a bare stage, Keanu Reeves would be happy to act there just as much as the biggest block buster.

I simply like the guy. The personality that Reeves allows us to see is easily likeable. Who knows how he is behind closed doors. He seems easy going, yet unable to sit still. Reeves can be silly, or seemingly insightful.
I suppose it is the honest way all his traits come off. It doesn't seem faked, or like a put on.
What's charming about Reeves is his...him. lol

Queen1822021-03-02 21:17:28

Forum Posts: 14
My connection to Keanu is kinda...kismet? Maybe? Because my Brother worked with him, Keanu's picture has hung in my parents' hallway for many years.

To me he is extremely intelligent, witty, kind, caring, modest, shy, talented, creative, determined and generally a good dude!

secretkeeper81
2022-05-01 07:22:39

Forum Posts: 26
Comments: 4
Reviews: 4
I feel somehow connected to Keanu because we share a few things in life:
-not being married, even if being in a relationship
-not having children (of course he had Ava, but he hardly had time to think of himself as a father, sadly)
-being left handed
I know these things may seem unimportant to some, but I actually feel they define you in some ways, especially in how society looks at you. These things make me feel different from the majority of people, from what is perceived as the 'standard' human being on earth.
Also, he reminds me of different times in the mid 90s and early 00s when he had movies out that were quite well known here in Italy - Speed, A Walk in the clouds, Little Buddha and of course the Matrix - and that I connect to specific memories in my own life.

What I like about Keanu is that, from what I gather by watching his movies and reading his interviews, he's a free spirit and he follows his passions, he has a open mind, he's not prejudiced.
I was mostly impressed by how he dealt with the whole is-he-gay-or-not thing: nowadays it's not much of a big deal anymore if some celebrity comes out as not straight, but in the 90s it was different, and I read that he thought there was no need for him to deny it as if being gay was wrong, because it's not. That's something I totally agree with.
I think it's great that he likes experimenting with different kinds of movie genres. That he claims his right to keep his life private. That he was in a band, made music and toured with them.
I like how he's always sporting boots even when he's wearing a suit, that's his distinguishing feature that marks his rock'n'roll personality.
And although he's mostly known as a kick-ass action hero, he's not afraid to look fragile and vulnerable if needs be. There's something about both his looks and personality that makes him very manly, a bit reckless (especially in his early days), but at the same time also very gentle, well-mannered and caring, and I guess that's how he won me over in the end.

1 2 3 [4]

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.