WINM Forums :: Off-Topic Chat :: UPLIFTING QUOTES for our day to day

1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

UPLIFTING QUOTES for our day to day
ARYA
2013-08-31 02:10

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
"In a way the artist is always acting against the time-destiny movement. He is always a-historical. He accepts Time absolutely as Whitman says, in the sense that any way he rolls is direction; in the the sense that any moment, every moment, may be the all; for the artist there is nothing but the present, the eternal here and now, the expanding infinite moment which is flame and song. And when he succeeds in establishing this criterion of passionate experience then, and only then, is he asserting his humanness. Then only does he live out his pattern as Man. Obedient to every urge - without distinction of morality, ethics, law, custom, etc. He opens himself to all influences - everything nourishes him. Everything is gravy to him, including what he does not understand - particularly what he does not understand."
- Henry Miller,

via http://taifunu.tumblr.com/

Freya
2013-09-03 04:53

Forum Posts: 777
Comments: 3
Reviews: 0
Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own action
Dalai Lama
ARYA
2013-12-20 08:34

Paulo Coelho
That is why it is so important to let certain things go. To release them. To cut loose. People need to understand that no one is playing with marked cards; sometimes we win and sometimes we lose. Don't expect to get anything back, don't expect recognition for your efforts, don't expect your genius to be discovered or your love to be understood. Complete the circle. Not out of pride, inability or arrogance, but simply because whatever it is no longer fits in your life. Close the door, change the record, clean the house, get rid of the dust. Stop being who you were and become who you are.
MmeRenard
2013-12-22 20:37

Forum Posts: 1101
Comments: 48
I've just been going through these - really good stuff, everybody, thank you - and this one is beautiful in its simplicity and perfection. Incredibly, I've never heard anyone else express this thought just like this.

"The simple act of paying attention can take you a long way."
- Keanu Reeves

ARYA
2013-12-22 22:23

revisiting this one today

Krzysztof Kieslowski (June 27, 1941 - March 13, 1996)

The film doesn't exist without a viewer. And the viewer is the most important. The art for art's sake, form for form's sake, falling down under the weight of self talent or sagacity...these aren't things for me. I want to tell a story which touches people.

ARYA
2013-12-22 23:25

Bears repeating.

If we really stop to think about praise and criticism, we will see they do not have the least importance. Whether we receive praise or criticism is of no account. The only important thing is that we have a pure motivation, and let the law of cause and effect be our witness.

H.H. the Dalai Lama, Bad Reputation

ARYA
2013-12-24 03:35

"Conflict cannot survive without your participation.”
— Wayne Dyer
ARYA
2013-12-28 03:38

When your fear touches someone’s pain it becomes pity; when your love touches someone’s pain, it becomes compassion. To train in compassion, then, is to know all beings are the same and suffer in similar ways, to honor all those who suffer, and to know you are neither separate from nor superior to anyone.”
— Stephen Levine
ARYA
2013-12-31 01:41

found this on my tumblr today...

“You are part of my existence, part of myself. You have been in every line I have ever read. You have been in every prospect I have ever seen - on the river, on the sails of the ships, on the marshes, in the cloud, in the light, in the darkness, in the wind, in the woods, in the sea, in the streets. You have been the embodiment of every graceful fancy that my mind has ever became acquaintance with”
— Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

(The one who wrote A Christmas Carol)

ARYA
2013-12-31 02:39

“It is easy to have calmness in inactivity, it is hard to have calmness in activity, but calmness in activity is true calmness.”
— Shunryu Suzuki (via ashramof1)
Christine2013-12-31 03:02

Forum Posts: 134

“You are part of my existence, part of myself. You have been in every line I have ever read. You have been in every prospect I have ever seen - on the river, on the sails of the ships, on the marshes, in the cloud, in the light, in the darkness, in the wind, in the woods, in the sea, in the streets. You have been the embodiment of every graceful fancy that my mind has ever became acquaintance with”
— Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

Oh my god, how beautiful and wonderful...

ARYA
2014-01-08 12:01

So glad you had a connection to that quote Christine!

“The self-confidence of the warrior is not the self-confidence of the average man. The average man seeks certainty in the eyes of the onlooker and calls that self-confidence. The warrior seeks impeccability in his own eyes and calls that humbleness. The average man is hooked to his fellow men, while the warrior is hooked only to infinity.”

Carlos Castaneda

(as if this is an off topic thread...)

Christine2014-01-09 03:53

Forum Posts: 134

Thank you for posting these quotes the second one is as beautiful as the one before.

Clearly we are on the same wavelength Arya, I´m really surprised.
I think I´m a warrior...;-)

ARYA
2014-01-09 04:16

Good to know that Christine!
ARYA
2014-01-11 01:06

“Part of what psychedelics do is they decondition you from cultural values. This is what makes it such a political hot potato. Since all culture is a kind of con game, the most dangerous candy you can hand out is one which causes people to start questioning the rules of the game.”
— – Terence McKenna
NuNu52
2014-01-11 02:00

Forum Posts: 39
Comments: 0
“Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.”

Plato

“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.”

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings

It may be hard for an egg to turn into a bird: it would be a jolly sight harder for it to learn to fly while remaining an egg. We are like eggs at present. And you cannot go on indefinitely being just an ordinary, decent egg. We must be hatched or go bad.

C. S. Lewis

ARYA
2014-01-11 04:41

“As soon as you look at the world through an ideology you are finished. No reality fits an ideology. Life is beyond that. That is why people are always searching for a meaning to life. Meaning is only found when you go beyond meaning. Life only makes sense when you perceive it as mystery and it makes no sense to the conceptualizing mind.”
— Anthony De Mello
ARYA
2014-01-15 02:56

“Everyone discusses my art and pretends to understand, as if it were necessary to understand, when it is simply necessary to love.”
— Claude Monet
nunu52
2014-01-15 08:14

Forum Posts: 39
Comments: 0
Love the Monet quote @Arya
ARYA
2014-01-15 08:45

Thanks for popping in to this thread nunu52!

1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.