WINM Forums :: The Films of Keanu Reeves :: Passengers gets a director!

1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Passengers gets a director!
ARYA
2013-05-03 06:39

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
Excepting for her doing an accurate portrayal of June Carter I really can't sit through ANY of her movies. I am somewhat startled by my reaction to this news as I usual don't care who he's making sweet love to. I will shut up now and I will try not to have any more opinions on this little blip into my usually less reactionary mind. But I will be happy to read everyone else's opinions:)
Anakin McFly
2013-05-03 07:04

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
I liked Legally Blonde. :|

My objection here has more to do with how she doesn't at all fit my idea of what Aurora would be like.

...also, I love that joke - "What's The Matrix in three words? Reeves withers spoon." :D :|

bluecandlelight
2013-05-03 07:17

Forum Posts: 93
Comments: 7
Reviews: 0
it definitely would be an interesting duo.

LucaM
2013-05-03 14:46

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13

...also, I love that joke - "What's The Matrix in three words? Reeves withers spoon." :D :|

damn, the internet is fast. does it originate from Reddit? they would ;)

yes, it could make an interesting duo, but not in this film and not in these roles. I simply cannot see her as Aurora. Apparently, neither can Spaihts.

Joke
2013-05-03 16:30

Forum Posts: 380
Comments: 1
When I read the script I pictured Charlize Theron for Aurora and I still think she's perfect for the role.

It might be a problem that she and Keanu already were a couple in movies twice before, but on the other hand the last time was over 10 years ago.

Karamelle
2013-05-03 20:45

Forum Posts: 50
Comments: 2
I saw Reese Witherspoon yesterday in the movie Mud and she's a good actress but I see a kind of "Bond girl" as Aurora.
Anakin McFly
2013-05-03 21:13

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
@LucaM nope, not Reddit. Old joke from years ago on a site that did really short movie summaries. (They summarized the BTTF trilogy as '20th Century Fox', '21st Centuy Fox' and '19th Century Fox' respectively. :| )
Freya
2013-05-03 23:29

Forum Posts: 777
Comments: 3
I liked Reese W. I don't know if she should or not be in this movie. What could the other candidate be? Have you any 'dream duet'? Keanu and ...?
bluecandlelight
2013-05-03 23:32

Forum Posts: 93
Comments: 7
I got my dream duet in Hardball...

I had always admired Diane Lane because she just seems so elegant and beautiful on screen.

i wonder what they thought of each other? Are there any articles where they talk about each other?

Karamelle
2013-05-04 00:30

Forum Posts: 50
Comments: 2
I did some research and found this..(only speculations)

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/450344/Passengers-Company-Films-/details

Emily Blunt and Marc Forster were involved in the movie. I bet he was the perfect director Spaihts was talking about last year!

http://www.laineygossip.com/Emily-Blunt-Career-Prospectus/25596
Passengers isn’t dead yet, but Marc Forster, the man currently murdering World War Z, is on shaky ground, and if WWZ doesn’t deliver—in box office, if nothing else—he’ll likely be off Passengers, setting back development once again as producers search for a new director. I wouldn’t bank on that one doing anything for Blunt in the short term.

Marc Forster have trouble with World War Z so Brian Kirk is the director now. Anyway, Emily Blunt would have been great.

Freya
2013-05-04 20:29

I checked in imdb the best 100 romantic comedies and the actresses. The list in an alphabetical order (sorry if not all included): Jessica Alba, Jennifer Aniston, Drew Barrymore, Kate Beckinsale, Sandra Bullock, Cameron Diaz, Kirsten Dunst, Anne Hathaway, Kate Hudson, Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lopez, Eva Mendes, Sarah Jessica Parker, Natalie Portman, Julia Roberts, Meg Ryan, Reese Witherspoon and you can add more names like Scarlet Johanson, Angelina Jolie, etc. Tough task.
LucaM
2013-05-04 20:53

the 'best' according to whom? the average IMDb user? and IMDb's secret formula for compiling those lists ?

first of all, Passengers is not a comedy. or if it is, it's a dark one.
second of all, the best actress for this role is the one that 'clicks' with Reeves and the story.

Freya
2013-05-04 21:02

the 'best' according to whom? the average IMDb user? and IMDb's secret formula for compiling those lists ?

I don't know these criteria.

the best actress for this role is the one that 'clicks' with Reeves and the story

I liked Keanu's films so far thus I think the next will be good as well.

ARYA
2013-05-04 22:22

@ blue candlelight Regarding the Lane Reeves connection. They both said very loving things about each other in interviews. Have you listened to the director and writer commentary on HB? The director said some cute things about them too.
Freya
2013-05-08 13:40

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/passengers-reese-witherspoon-keanu-reeves-sales-rights-exlcusive-media/
LucaM
2013-05-08 17:24

I usually trust KR's artistic choices and decisions, especially when it's about his movies, but this time... afraid it's quite a leap of faith for me :(

don't know which are the external pressures and how much of this announcement is PR strategy or not, but .... I really really hope K will make the best decisions for the story. Because if it can't be done 'right', maybe it's best that it's not done at all, and it remains just a beautiful script sleeping on a shelf.

LucaM
2013-05-22 19:58

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/column-post/weinstein-company-buys-keanu-reeves-reese-witherspoon-sci-fi-romance-93011

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/fascinating-fact_3679434

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/keanu-reeves-passengers-acquired-for-u-s-by-weinstein-co-1200485661/

I should be happy, right? I mean, everything the Weinsteins touch gets aggressively promoted and maybe even Oscarized, right?
... then someone please tell me why I have an increasingly uneasy feeling about this project. why does it feel that TWC buying distribution rights for the US is the second kiss-of-death for Passengers. why does it seem like Keanu feels 'pushed for time' and is making compromises over compromises just to get this movie made before it's too late...

I hope I'm wrong.

LucaM
2013-05-24 06:14

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/cannes-bidder-pays-15-million-555908

A trip to the stars -- with one of the world's biggest -- has sold at a Cannes charity auction for 1.2 million euros ($1.5 million US).The winning bidder at the AmFAR Cinema Against AIDS charity dinner held on Thursday night the Hotel du Cap won an unforgettable journey into orbit on Virgin Galactic, seated next to Leonardo DiCaprio.

okay, if that's Weinstein's idea of PR... we better start saving up for whenever Passengers gets released ! :D :D

ARYA
2013-05-24 06:51

Yes LucaM, we need to be happy about this even if we are not happy about it...
ARYA
2013-05-24 22:32

Cut and pasting this out because well, yeah we know someone else beside Leo that wants to be a spaceman...

Arranged by Harvey Weinstein, the once-in-a-lifetime Virgin Galactic voyage benefits the AmFAR Cinema Against AIDS charity.

A trip to the stars -- with one of the world's biggest -- has sold at a Cannes charity auction for 1.2 million euros ($1.5 million U.S.).
our editor recommends
Cannes: 'The Great Gatsby' Photocall With Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan
Cannes: Harvey Weinstein Shows Off A Star-Packed Film Slate

The winning bidder at the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS charity dinner held on Thursday night at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc won an unforgettable journey into orbit on Virgin Galactic, seated next to Leonardo DiCaprio.

A second pair of seats on the same flight sold to another bidder for 1.8 million euros ($2.3 million U.S.), just moments after the same bidder paid 1.2 million euros for an "Oscars experience."

Earlier in the evening, Harvey Weinstein told The Hollywood Reporter about the gravity-free adventure with the Great Gatsby star.

"We're going to get someone to bid on a seat next to him," the Weinstein Co. co-chairman said.

STORY: Cannes: Weinstein Co. Officially Lands Stephen Frears' Dramedy 'Philomena'

The trip is listed in the event's auction booklet as a "once-in-a-lifetime trip to space with a mystery guest" on Richard Branson's fledgling space tourism fleet.

DiCaprio was present at the charity dinner, along with Cannes jurors Nicole Kidman and Christoph Waltz.

Weinstein also joked that many in the film business might love to see him fly to space as well, "but only on a one-way ticket."

AmfAR revealed Thursday night that it brought in $25 million from the event, a significant increase over the $11 million raised from the 2012 gala.

1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.