WINM Forums :: The Films of Keanu Reeves :: Passengers gets a director!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

Passengers gets a director!
lily1101
2014-03-16 22:44

Forum Posts: 51
Comments: 3
Reviews: 0
Thank you for the enlightenment. I promise not to comment on this any further until I get my post-graduate degree. :o)
LucaM
2014-03-16 22:52

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
Oh, comment all you want, it's a free world... and degrees are overrated ;)
lily1101
2014-03-16 23:05

Forum Posts: 51
And I also promise to give up my "short-film" making career forever...
Christine2014-03-17 06:10

Forum Posts: 134
http://www.examiner.com/article/update-is-rachel-mcadams-fighting-with-keanu-reeves-over-quitting-passengers

I´d like to embrace K. and wish him all the best.
Keanu will make it, he will find a better female lead!

“Happiness is not the absence of problems; it's the ability to deal with them.”

LucaM
2014-03-17 06:12

Until the 'sources' are verified, I'd take that article with a bucket of salt ;)
Christine2014-03-17 06:19

Forum Posts: 134
O.k. LucaM, good to know...
MmeRenard
2014-03-17 06:25

Forum Posts: 1101
Comments: 48
First of all, "feuding"? That sounds atypical.
Second, it is my limited understanding that Ms. McAdams was "attached" which appears to be Hollywoodese for "seems potentially interested" and not at all the same thing as "has signed a contract."
Thirdly, I thought that financing was still intact - and if not, I have two words = crowd funding. Let's have a damn bake sale and get this thing made.
Fourth and finally, the Examiner is so far "out in front" of this story that they are blowing smoke out of somewhere.
All a long-winded way to say that I'm with Luca on this.
Bliss
2014-03-17 07:21

Forum Posts: 146
Comments: 7
A bake sale? That's a lot of freakin cookies....although I do have a special brownie recipe that is soo good it's illegal in some states! Lol
MmeRenard
2014-03-17 07:41

We'd better get started right away.
Anakin McFly
2014-03-17 09:17

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1

First of all, "feuding"? That sounds atypical.
Given how tabloids love to exaggerate and/or make up stuff completely from scratch as long as it sounds scandalous enough to get lots of clicks, I'm taking this with an unhealthy amount of salt, but at the same time I wouldn't say it's completely atypical. Keanu's usually an extremely gracious person, but he also has a reputation for fighting for his work and against people who try to stand in the way or somehow distort what he thinks is best for the film.
MmeRenard
2014-03-17 11:05

Very much agreed, Anakin, but I have not heard of anything that normal folk would call a feud. As far as The Watcher goes, it's my personal opinion that Joe Charbanic is a jerk.
Anakin McFly
2014-03-17 13:38

ADMIN

ahaha. I wasn't thinking of that, actually, but that's a good point. I also remember minor altercations / Keanu-upsetness over things in other films, like the ending of Permanent Record, script changes with Johnny Mnemonic, edits of the Bill & Ted sequel, and the original script drafts of MOTC, among others. He's known to be a perfectionist who's really hard on himself, and that might translate over to others working on the same project; particularly when it's "his" movie, like with Passengers. I highly doubt it's anything that reaches feud level, like you say. But that's where the tabloid-exaggeration would come in.
axie
2014-03-18 00:24

Forum Posts: 345
Comments: 10
Feud. *snort* Yes, yes take it with buckets of salt. The examiner is only as good as the individual writer; some are pretty decent, most suck so hard it can create a vortex Cat 5 and level a town and are click-bait just like this article.

No doubt he has a temper and a stubborn streak. Pretty sure no one can tell him what he should/should not do. Once it is in his head a certain way you won't get him to budge. Stubborn folk are like that.... *looks around shifty-eyed*

Bliss
2014-03-18 02:07

Forum Posts: 146
Comments: 7
That's funny, Axie!

axie
2014-03-18 04:14

Forum Posts: 345
Comments: 10

That's funny, Axie!
Thank you. I do usually shoot for extreme snarkism/sarcasm. Smart arse is my usual mode. If it makes someone laugh, then it was done right :D
MmeRenard
2014-03-18 05:22

It is funny. I don't think you're coming off as snarky at all.

Gosh darned stubborn folk, sez Little Ms Taurus. And remember, it's not stubbornness, it's clarity. Yup.

ARYA
2014-03-20 07:36

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
http://www.thewrap.com/keanu-reeves-passengers-snags-focus-features-exclusive/

http://www.thewrap.com/keanu-reeves-passengers-snags-focus-features-exclusive/

The Weinstein Company let the project go after Reese Witherspoon and Rachel McAdams bowed out

Focus Features is riding to the rescue of “Passengers,” the upcoming Keanu Reeves film that was postponed this month after Rachel McAdams exited the project, an individual familiar with the situation told TheWrap.

A representative for Focus declined comment, as did producer Ben Browning.

In a splashy deal, The Weinstein Company acquired U.S. rights to the project out of Cannes last year, but TWC recently withdrew its involvement after Rachel McAdams left the project following Reese Witherspoon's exit.

Also read: Keanu Reeves, Reese Witherspoon Sci-Fi Romance ‘Passengers’ Acquired by the Weinstein Co.

Focus Features is now close to signing a deal to handle domestic distribution, according to an individual with knowledge of the project.

Reeves stars as a passenger on a spacecraft transporting thousands of people to a distant planet. Due to a malfunction in a sleep chamber, he awakens years before anyone else. All alone on the vessel, he decides to wake up another passenger.

The script, which is being positioned as a sci-fi romance, is out to several prominent actresses and the film's backers are confident that a replacement for McAdams will be found shortly.

Also read: ‘G.I. Joe’ Star Luke Bracey to Play Keanu Reeves Role in ‘Point Break’ Remake

“Game of Thrones” director Brian Kirk will make his feature directing debut from a script by “Prometheus” writer Jon Spaihts. Wayfare Entertaiment will finance and produce the film. Wayfare's Ben Browning will produce with Reeves and Stephen Hamel.

“Passengers” will be produced and financed by Browning's Wayfare Entertainment and Stephen Hamel's Company Films, while Reeves will also produce. Production is slated to start later this year in Germany.

Heading into last year's Cannes Film Festival, Exclusive Media's international sales chief Alex Walton described “Passengers” as “big in terms of scale and ambition, and more than that, a big movie in terms of commercial potential.”

The deal with Focus is being negotiated by domestic sales agent CAA.

LucaM
2014-03-20 17:21

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/keanu-reeves-sci-fi-drama-passengers-heading-for-new-distributor-1201139585/
LucaM
2014-07-24 05:16

http://blogs.nature.com/soapboxscience/2014/07/23/jon-spaihts-hollywoods-go-to-science-fiction-screenwriter-on-the-importance-of-science-in-filmmaking
Anakin McFly
2014-07-24 10:04

ADMIN

oh man, DECK PLANS! :D :D :D :D

brb geeking out.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.