WINM Forums :: The Website :: Away until 25 June

1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Away until 25 June
ARYA
2011-06-22 03:12

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
Excellent details about the house and that note is totally appropriate. Thanks so much!
Donna_J
2011-06-22 05:23

Forum Posts: 264
Comments: 3
Reviews: 0
You did it! the note is cool!liked every word in it and I'm sure he will like it too!!!
inkhuldra
2011-06-22 05:27

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
I just hope that his housekeeper or whoever is looking after the house doesn't throw it away. I really would like him to read it and learn about WINM.
seer
2011-06-22 08:46

Forum Posts: 330
Comments: 131
It sounds like his house, not his home - I suspect his mentality not only has been but still is Gypsy-like, if anything he might consider the world to be his 'home', or perhaps just the road ;).

Unless there are no trespassing signs posted I doubt you're under threat of arrest, and if there are signs it's still unlikely, he's never seemed to be the vindictive sort, and most of his 'statements' have been made through film :).

The note sounds fine (many films I'd like to see him do but I imagine I'd have passed on suggesting any of them, that's just me though :). So, did you wear a scarf wrapped about your face? Did you wear a big hat with an even bigger floppy brim? Or did you just keep your head down and stare at the steps?

Security key pads, the key as 'doorknob'.. possibly cameras?

;)

Enjoy the remains of your vacation Ani :). Do you plan to return here for school again next year?

Anakin McFly
2011-06-22 14:44

ADMIN

Forum Posts: 3074
Comments: 405
Reviews: 1
:D thanks!

So, did you wear a scarf wrapped about your face? Did you wear a big hat with an even bigger floppy brim? Or did you just keep your head down and stare at the steps?

Nope, I was running around in T-shirt and jeans, grinning like an idiot.
I hope that wasn't caught on camera. :|

I'm flying back home to Singapore tomorrow, and finishing my last year of college there.

After that... who knows. :D

gulbie
2011-06-22 21:04

Forum Posts: 261
Comments: 17
the first complete review of the keanu's house. thanks Ani.
gulbie
2011-06-22 21:04

I feel I'm there when you described
Anakin McFly
2011-06-27 00:43

ADMIN

Photos, as promised:

9024 Thrasher Ave., West Hollywood.
three garage doors, and the main entrance on the far right.
the sign says 'Protected by Bel Air Security'

standing in front of the main door and right in full view of the security camera on the right.
see, there's no handle or door knob or anything on the door.
and it has a nice gap at the bottom through which I slipped the note and pushed it right against the wall in hopes that it wouldn't get blown away

my brother took this shot through the gap in the door I peeked through.
this is the inside of Keanu Reeves' house:

and now you know what that looks like.

The note:

...and tomorrow I'll get to uploading the backlog of articles on WINM. :D

ARYA
2011-06-27 01:51

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
Thanks for the warm and wonderful update anakin! Welcome back!
Donna_J
2011-06-27 02:03

Forum Posts: 264
Comments: 3
Thanks, nice photos:)
AdriannaM.
2011-06-27 02:23

Forum Posts: 424
Comments: 24
Nice, Anakin! Thanks for sharing :) I love the note - simple, pleasant, unobtrusive and humorous - I think he'll like it. It must have been exciting to see his house in person, huh? ;)
MJ2011-06-27 03:41

Forum Posts: 20
Comments: 1
This is outrageous! What's so exciting about peeping at somebody's house? And the note: it is obtrusive! Would you really like someone slipping a note under your door and taking pictures of your home? I know I wouldn't!
Sorry for being the kill joy but I'm not happy about what Anakin did.IMO it doesn't show much respect. Being a fan doesn't give us the right to force into Keanu's private life, property or whatever! I thought everybody knew that here but apparently I was wrong.
inkhuldra
2011-06-27 05:54

Forum Posts: 1364
Comments: 153
I don't see it as outrageous at all. Keanu has lived at that place for years and years, without any fence or barbed wire or whatever. He's undoubtedly received numerous letters, notes, gifts, cakes and whatnot. Uncountable people have doubtlessly peeked in through that slit in the door. He's had years and years to block that gap and put up some hindrance or other, if he wanted to.

Celebrities who fence themselves in are a dime a dozen, and Keanu could easily afford to buy a house with a 10ft wall around it if he was so opposed to napkins with hastily scribbled messages, or fans peeking through a glass slit in the entrance door that could easily be covered with frosted glass. The fact that he chooses to live where he does should perhaps give us all a hint that he's not among those closed-off celebs.

Let's give him the credit of being able to define himself how he prefers to live. There are plenty of high-end, luxurious fortresses to choose between for those who prefer that. Obviously, Keanu has decided to stay where he lives in spite of literally living right next to the pavement. If he thinks that's an OK way to live, then maybe we should give him the credit of being the one who knows best?

AdriannaM.
2011-06-27 06:11

Forum Posts: 424
Comments: 24
MJ, get over yourself and stop passing judgement like you are some kind of authority on the matter. If you don't like it, you don't have to post here. Why don't you go yell at a little girl for slipping a little love note in a cute boy's school desk!?
lindawn
2011-06-27 08:45

Forum Posts: 102
Comments: 14
Ani:
I think it is fabulous. I am absolutely thrilled that you mentioned all of us here at WINM. I am living vicariously thru you. The pictures are great, thanks so much for sharing.
Anakin McFly
2011-06-27 10:15

ADMIN

@MJ: I'd been worried about that too, but as inkhuldra has said - Keanu's house is out there in the open, and if he'd really been unhappy about fans going up to his house etc, he would have done something about it.

As it is, the location of his house is fairly well publicised. While I was there, an entire tour bus drove by and paused outside to get a look at it. People were snapping photos. There are lots of similar tours of movie star homes in Hollywood - I went on one with my family -, and the stars are fully aware of this. Al Pacino for starters can apparently often be seen playing chess in his front porch, and he waves at all the tourists and fans who pass by.

There are other celebrities who do wall off their homes, and if Keanu had been one of them, I would have respected that and not tried to climb over the wall or anything. I think there are also some celebs who request no photos, and the tour guides will notify the tourists. But Keanu isn't one of those.

So yeah - his house is out there, easily accessible to the public, and frequented by many tours. I'm definitely not the first fan who has gone up to his house and left a note.

And people do that (peeking in, leaving notes) all the time even with non-celebrities. I've had notes slipped under my door before to notify me of various things because I hadn't been home. If I go to someone's house to meet them and no one answers the door, I might peek in the windows to see if they're around. So it's not really that outrageous.

2011-06-27 10:45
[ Post deleted by poster ]
gulbie
2011-06-27 20:05

wonderful reportage! and nice to meet you Ani in the third photo. :-)
nafsunaek
2011-06-27 23:05

Forum Posts: 491
Comments: 111
Wow! Thanks Ani! Nice pictures and wonderful note! I'm so happy that you mentioned our existence instead of just signing as Ani, a fan - that was really generous of you. And I don't think what you did was disrespectful at all - I even think that he will probably like the note! ;)
Thanks for sharing and welcome back!!!
Giladora
2011-06-28 00:14

Forum Posts: 165
Comments: 22
Gosh!!

Ani !! you did a brave thing . and your note in is cute and very decent . I'm sure he would like that :)

Thanks for the photos ...and yes!! Nice to meet you Girl !! :)

and well I'm not qualified to be consider as Keanu's SWAT team!( but what you did , was very generous and beautiful , that you care for your friends here !! you guys are Lucky to have each other .

@MJ: Calm Down!! everything is fine :) and Note , that personally all I've been observing from the members here , was having a huge respect for Keanu , specially when it comes to his private life .. you can trust them on THAT .

1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.