WINM Forums :: The Films of Keanu Reeves :: Keanu Reeves Starring in 'Knock Knock' Thriller for Eli Roth

1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Keanu Reeves Starring in 'Knock Knock' Thriller for Eli Roth
LucaM
2014-04-06 00:38

Forum Posts: 4842
Comments: 381
Reviews: 13
Yes, I understood that you were agreeing with me about that. In my previous post I mentioned why I think the project is legit.

Don't remember saying it was wonderful; I think it's interesting.
And who said anything about 'real fans'?
Wasn't implying anyone must like the idea of this movie. Was just suggesting that maybe we shouldn't put it down until we actually see it - IF we chose to watch it at all, that is.

axie
2014-04-06 00:44

Forum Posts: 345
Comments: 10
Reviews: 0

If a "real fan" never asks "what the heck?"

I can't say I like everything in his 30 odd year career, either. Much prefer this concept over a romantic comedy though - that which has been done to death. This is off the beaten track. Psycho-sexual drama. It has potential, again in my opinion.

I rather enjoy movies that make you feel uneasy. It is a rare film that does that to me.

Kubrick's Clockwork Orange does it. Very little gore in C/O compared with modern horror; the unease comes from the acting and how meticulous each shot is done. Truly is a psychosexual-drama/horror.

It was banned for years and again while it depicts violent acts, nudity etc the "gore" factor is pretty none-existent. Not a slasher flick.

[also read the book, nearly exact - the way Kubrick filmed it though is where the extreme unease comes in.]

MmeRenard
2014-04-06 00:50

Forum Posts: 1101
Comments: 48
No, please don't misunderstand. I have been there in the past - the whole "troo fan" thing. "How can you question Our Man?" never went well with me. Not at all well.
I do not mean to imply that happens here, it does not, thank heavens. My initial reaction is just that. I'll be tickled pink (just sending that out to the Universe) if it turns out to be cool.
MmeRenard
2014-04-06 00:56

Axie, I haven't seen A Clockwork Orange in maybe twenty years. At that time, it was my least favorite film. It made me queasy. Films can provoke, and that can be a good thing if it isn't just to provoke. Generation Um... is a great example of a film that is uncomfortable and provocative but has a heart. Again, if everyone liked the same things, it would be a very dull world. Who wants that?
LucaM
2014-04-06 01:00

well, if you browse through my posting history, you can see that I've disagreed with a few of his artistic choices myself. not that he cared too much about that... ;)

He surely got folks talkin'. again ;)

ARYA
2014-04-06 01:06

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
Hey guys, we are ignoring another fun aspect of this new one. He will start off playing a 'happily married man'!
I think this movie will not be horror. That's what Eli is quoted as saying in any case.
BTW I had trouble with C/O at first and I don't watch it but rarely. I have read the book too. It's classic and a gem. I still use C/O speak in my day to day speech when the occasion arises.
ARYA
2014-04-06 01:09

Forum Posts: 2836
Comments: 74
Reviews: 11
@christine, I can only say DITTO!
axie
2014-04-06 01:09

"right, right!"

MmeRenard, it made you queasy. Exactly. It should, that was the point.

MmeRenard
2014-04-06 01:13

I know, Luca, he doesn't ask me. What's up with that?

Arya, do we have a new theme emerging? Sounds like "happily married man" is part of John Wick, too. I'm probably extra sensitive right now having watched the extras on the 47 Ronin DVD, seeing the scene where Mika regrets loving Kai and the feature including the whole seppuku scene AND Keanu's reaction to filming that.

axie
2014-04-06 01:13

He surely got folks talkin'. again ;)

Absolutely! Dunno what made me look for updates yesterday but glad I had - my timing was perfect. Love threads like this too. Interesting to hear everyone's take based off a synopsis and some chatter and/or the original film.

Karamelle
2014-04-06 01:17

Forum Posts: 50
Comments: 2
I have seen all the Saw and actually like them, they look so fake it becomes quite funny. But Hostel, I had to try several times to see the movie until the end. It freaked me out.
I think Eli Roth likes to show human folly with a gore aspect. But he says the movie will not be horror, so the message could be: stay faithful to your wife, don't cheat with two pretty girls xD
MmeRenard
2014-04-06 01:19

Axie, yeah, I get that. At this point in life, I have observed plenty of things that induce queasiness. Most of them either in person or on the news: the Vietnam war every night while growing up; Iran-contra hearings, anything involving W, Cheney, Rumsfeld, the list continues. Humans can be awful. I need only limited reminders of that. I need plenty of reminders that humans can be wonderful.
axie
2014-04-06 01:19

47 Ronin DVD, seeing the scene where Mika regrets loving Kai and the feature including the whole seppuku scene AND Keanu's reaction to filming that.

Any links to it? Seen screen shots.
Is it often difficult for people to separate the character from the actor? Can't say that I've ever felt upset for the actor, because of something done to the character in the movie. Maybe I'm just stone cold. ;)

MmeRenard
2014-04-06 01:21

OK, somebody's gonna have to say this...

"It's a CONVERSATION..."

becauseichooseto22
2014-04-06 01:23

Forum Posts: 132
I'm not a big fan of horror movies or Eli Roth for that matter, but I don't think we should take things too seriously; after all, it's just a movie, just another project in Keanu's long career! Since he's known to be a workaholic, he can't stand to be idle for a long time, so I'm happy that he's working. :)
MmeRenard
2014-04-06 01:25

I could barely stay in my seat during Gravity when Sandra's character starts free-floating through space. I go to movies to get immersed, and that includes emotion. I get that it's not true for everyone. My experience is my experience, neither validated nor diminished by anyone else's experience.
becauseichooseto22
2014-04-06 01:32

Forum Posts: 132
@MmeRenard, I agree with you, but if this movie turns out to be little too gory/sick/scary we can just skip it and wait till Keanu makes something more appealing :D Hopefully Passengers!!
LucaM
2014-04-06 01:37

I know, Luca, he doesn't ask me. What's up with that?

Men. They aaaaaalways think they know better *snort*

Dammit, my 47 Ronin DVD won't arrive till the first week of May. So go ahead, rub it in :|

MmeRenard
2014-04-06 01:38

:-) becauseichooseto22. Yes!

For the record, I didn't like and don't own The Watcher. End of list! That's more than 30 years of films, and he gets a pass for The Watcher.

MmeRenard
2014-04-06 01:41

Oh Luca, that was unkind of me...I'll stop waxing on about the DVD. Sorry about that.

* stomps not-so-little foot * men indeed. Snort. The gall, to not ask us? Just who does he think he is, anyway?
(The One)
Oh yeah, that's right. But I'm the One. We're all the One. It gets SOOO confusing...

1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

You must be registered and logged in to post on the forums.